Kluwe rips Frazier, Spielman, Priefer

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Re: Kluwe rips Frazier, Spielman, Priefer

Post by NextQuestion »

Does anyone give a #### about this anymore aside from Kluwe and his lawyer?
Yes, a lot of people do. As someone who has experienced this type of discrimination directly...I am very interested.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Dirtyswabby
Starter

Post by Dirtyswabby »

Im going to assume the opposite of what others have been saying, I think the report is not in favor of kluwe and that's why they wont release it to him, They assume he is going to blow up in the media over it. They were probably going to release it through the NFL first.
Representing the Vikings In Raleigh, NC
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Dirtyswabby wrote:Im going to assume the opposite of what others have been saying, I think the report is not in favor of kluwe and that's why they wont release it to him, They assume he is going to blow up in the media over it. They were probably going to release it through the NFL first.
It seems unlikely that they would just not release a report that makes them look good. What would the logic be? That by not revealing the contents of the report Kluwe is just going to give up and walk away because he didn't get to see it? Concealing the report and doing nothing is the absolute worst thing they could do.

I think it's almost certainly favorable to Kluwe which is the result most expected, and if indeed it is, let's just fire Preiffer and move on.

My worry is that the reason for hiding the report is that it goes beyond just Preiffer (remember Kluwe said that he reported to someone in the organization). If that's the case we could come out looking even worse than we already have.
Last edited by maembe on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

HornedMessiah wrote: Does anyone give a #### about this anymore aside from Kluwe and his lawyer?
Obviously or it wouldn't be news ;)
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

NextQuestion wrote:lol at JZHoodie. Guy is the ultimate Priefer backer on Twitter

I've been telling you guys for months that Kluwe will look good in the end.

We'll see... we're not at the end yet. :)

I think it will be tough for him to come out of this looking good because he included so much personal baggage in his initial diatribe/editorial at Deadspin.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Statement from the Vikings:
Eden Prairie, MN (July 15, 2014) – Since Chris Kluwe’s allegations first appeared in Deadspin on January 2, 2014, the Minnesota Vikings have taken them very seriously, which is why the team immediately retained former Chief Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court Eric Magnuson and former U.S. Department of Justice Trial Attorney Chris Madel, two partners of Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi, L.L.P. (RKMC), to perform an independent review of these allegations. Magnuson and Madel were asked to thoroughly and comprehensively investigate three particular allegations by Kluwe and Kluwe’s counsel:

1) Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer made offensive and insensitive remarks in Kluwe’s presence.

2) Representatives of the Vikings had knowledge of these comments prior to the Deadspin article publication on January 2, 2014.

3) Kluwe’s activism was the reason for his release from the Vikings on May 6, 2013.

Magnuson, Madel and others spent nearly six months conducting an exhaustive investigation. After the Vikings were given the investigative materials from Magnuson and Madel, in order to further maintain objectivity and integrity, the team engaged a nationally-prominent law firm in employment matters – Littler Mendelson P.C. – to evaluate employment law matters and provide findings and recommendations to the Vikings. Those recommendations are to be provided to the team this week.

As Magnuson and Madel confirmed today, the Vikings have never made or broken promises as Kluwe and his attorney Clayton Halunen have claimed. The Vikings have also never engaged in the various comments that Kluwe and Halunen have provided to the media over the past six months. This Thursday, July 17, the team has a meeting scheduled between Halunen and Vikings attorneys to discuss next steps

As we have consistently communicated throughout this process, the Vikings will have further comment when the investigation is entirely complete and the team has made determinations on next steps.
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/S ... 5_27869096
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Mothman wrote:
I think it will be tough for him to come out of this looking good...
I don't know. From what I've gathered, a lot of people think Kluwe looks pretty good. He's pretty. Just sayin'. :P
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Clayton Halunen says #Vikings told him yesterday they don't plan to make report available to Kluwe, him or public.
@GoesslingESPN Halunen: "It has been corroborated that Priefer made the 'nuke the gays' statement."
‏@MasterStrib Kluwe plan to file a lawsuit against the #Vikings
Kluwe, attorneys filing a lawsuit to make report public, which they claim #Vikings won't do.
@mattvensel Kluwe's attorney said he knows the investigators corroborated Kluwe's claim the Mike Priefer did say the "nuke the gays" comment.
Last edited by dead_poet on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Statement from the Vikings:
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/S ... 5_27869096
In other words, what we're probably seeing is more posturing/maneuvering from Kluwe's camp.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

NextQuestion wrote: Yes, a lot of people do. As someone who has experienced this type of discrimination directly...I am very interested.
The problem I have with all of this is how Kluwe has handled it. I agree with Kluwe's stance on the issue but his approach has been ridiculous and somewhat suspect. He wants to cast himself as a social justice warrior but really, the whole thing kinda stinks. He's upset over not having a job in the NFL and he's lashing out, trying to hide behind his "activism" in the hope that it will deflect any criticism aimed at him. Oh, by the way, Kluwe also just released a book when he started this whole fiasco last year. I wonder if he'll also announce at his press conferencetoday that his band is releasing an album.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@GoesslingESPN Statement from investigator Chris Madel says "at no time" during July 14 meeting did investigators tell Kluwe they wouldn't release report.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@MasterStrib Kluwe's lawyer said there are some other religious discrimination findings that have not been released.Kluwe an agnostic,Priefer a Christian
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@MasterStrib Kluwe said if the #Vikings make the release public, which they don't believe the franchise will, they will reconsider lawsuit.
@mattvensel If the Vikings release the report, Kluwe says he will consider dropping the suit. His lawyer said he and the Vikings were close to settling.
@TomPelissero Kluwe will sue for religious discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination, defamation and tortuous interference.
@TomPelissero There were settlement talks, Kluwe's attorney said, in which he would've gotten $1M from #Vikings and donated to LGBT causes.
@TomPelissero Kluwe and attorney painting lawsuit as means for getting #Vikings to release report. "We would like to resolve this out of court if we can.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@Andrew_Krammer Clayton Halunen said he's been informed #Vikings had to interview Priefer "three times before he told the truth."