Just How Bad Are We? Call How We Go In The Next 13 games

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Just How Bad Are We? Call How We Go In The Next 13 games

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I'm a kool aid chugging idiot. I thought we were going at least 8-8 this year.

Next 13 games

Steelers in London (I don't think we will)
Carolina Panthers, a team that just beat the New York Giants 38-0 (They'll be 2-2 and beat us)
@Giants in prime time.
Packers in prime time
@Cowboys
Redskins
@Seattle
@Packers
Bears in December. They'll be playing for playoff position, we might have won 3 games or less. Loss.
@Ravens
Eagles (Nah)
Bengals on the road
Lions

Games I'll just call as losses right now...

Giants road game in prime time, Packers in prime time, Dallas, Seattle, November road game against Packers,
Bears in December, December Road game against Ravens, Bengals on the Road

Putting me at saying the team is at BEST 5-11 right now.

3-13 season coming up?
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Just How Bad Are We? Call How We Go In The Next 13 games

Post by radar55 »

The good news is we are now ahead of Cleveland in the race for the #1 pick. If Jax can just somehow find a couple of wins this year I think we have a good chance at a top 3 pick.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Purple Jesus wrote:I'm hoping we get left in London for the year, but chances are we'll be back. And since we aren't going anywhere this year now, we might as well tank it and get a new QB.
But didn't you hear? Ponder's our guy.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

After today I think 7-6 would be awfully hard to see.

I wouldn't even argue with anyone know who would say 3-10 the rest of the way.

I say we lose in London. Regroup after the bye and go 4-8. The last 4 away games have embarrassment written all over them at this point.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

We are now 1-7 in our last 8 games. Yes, I am counting the preseason as no adjustments seem to have been made.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Our chance to win was today , maybe in London. After next week we have NO PRAYER to win a gam. 0-16 and we will pick #1
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

Somebody will be 0-4 after next week
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I'm a kool aid chugging idiot. I thought we were going at least 8-8 this year.
Holy cow, 8-8 makes you a kool aid chugger? I guess expectations were low for this playoff team. Heck I figured we could go at least 8-8 on the back of AD alone and I hardly consider myself a kool aid drinker.

I still see us going 5-11. We always seem to make a run when it matters least. Plus we gotta screw up our draft positioning. It's not a bad Viking season until we screw up a better draft pick by winning some meaningless games late in the season.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

If we don't beat this Steelers team on a neutral field, there might not be a winnable game on the rest of the schedule. Seriously.

Washington or the Panthers I guess.

3-13 or worse could be in the cards, which would tie or be the worst single season performance in franchise history.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Imagine if the Vikings could go from 10-6 to 0-16. Has there ever been a more dramatic turnaround in the history of the NFL?

The Vikings have left their mark on a lot of dubious NFL records over the years. Could they possibly eclipse that one?
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Eli wrote:Imagine if the Vikings could go from 10-6 to 0-16. Has there ever been a more dramatic turnaround in the history of the NFL?

The Vikings have left their mark on a lot of dubious NFL records over the years. Could they possibly eclipse that one?
Still too much talent to actually go 0-16, Adrian alone will give them a couple wins.

The 2010 Colts were 10-6, the 2011 Colts were 2-14, tough to beat there but I have faith in our purple.
This space available for rent.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

PurpleHalo wrote:Still too much talent to actually go 0-16, Adrian alone will give them a couple wins.
Best guess is that they'll get somewhere between 0 and 13 wins. If Peterson gets the Vikings a couple of wins, then I think you're right - he will have to due it alone.
TheFoxInDetox
Veteran

Post by TheFoxInDetox »

Lets not forget that this is the Minnesota Friggin Vikings we're talking about.

I guarantee they will win as many games as it takes to end up one pick late for our targeted QB, whoever that may be. Then the will trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up one spot but fail to get to the podium in time to announce their pick. The team we just traded with will run up, grab our guy and thumb their noses at us on the way back to the table. Book it.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

The vikings had some close losses. I think they can get a few wins here and there. I'm thinking 3-5. I guess I'll go with 4 total wins this year. I guess the Vikings have done it before where they've looked terrible and then suddenly went on a run though. Vikings looked bad in 2008 with Jackson, switched to Ferrote(and eventually back to jackson) and ended up making the playoffs.
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

I just say we put AP as the QB and go 100% wildcat all season. Lets see how the Defensive Coaches plan for that. :rofl:
Purple Pride till the end.