** Official 2013 Draft Thread **

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: ** Official 2013 Draft Thread **

Post by Demi »

Love the Floyd pick, can't believe he made it anywhere near us. Rhodes is solid not sure he fits the defense unless they plan on running it a little differently then they have been.

Don't like the Patterson pick, but he's got insane talent. How often do guys that raw really bake into something? With all those questions? But he could end up being amazing. And he takes over the role of giving Ponder a no-brain target to throw 1 yard passes too. Could have been worse, pretty easily!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Five first round picks in two years. I do like the sound of that.
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

saint33 wrote:Well VikingsLord, get me a nice avatar :wink:
How about Josh Willingham mowing Target Field in a MooMoo

Purple Pride till the end.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Some of you wanna #### just to #### and won't ever be satisfied.

You think Peterson gonna be around in 4 years while they wait for their 3rd or 4th rounder to mature into the starting superstar they think he can be? Nah...NFL doesn't work like that. You have to win right now and when you have the best RB in the league..Well, then you have to have a Super Bowl win, like, yesterday.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Well, at the end of the day......the Vikings DID trade up to take a WR!!!

Not the manner in which everyone expected them to.....but they did :smilevike:

Seems like a lot do give up, but time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Using the NFL.com board, we got prospects #2, 14, and 26 in the draft. I'll look for other boards and see what the other boards say...
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

Purplemania wrote: '98 season scars run deep on these folks. Not saying I've fully recovered, but I do believe football Gods are on our side now.

Anyways, you know the deal with most Vikings fan. Distressed until impressed!
I don't believe in mojo, what I know is that the Vikings had a cheapskate owner for several years that was trying to get a stadium built while he was trying to deal the team...followed by a pretty green owner that hired a head coach to pretty much run things that was recommended by people Zygi trusted a little too much. There's no curse, there's just been a lot of bad decisions (well, for the fans) from the top over the years. The one year the Vikings had a real shot, they were taken down by a dirty team. Just a coincidence.
-Rus
johnpf12345
Starter

Post by johnpf12345 »

I was actually thinking how great it'd be to trade back into the first round after our two picks. Then when it was announced that patriots were discussing trade, possibly with vikes, I was like "yes!' then I wondered if it'd be a mlb or wr. was thinking that with a mlb the defense would certainly look great other than one olb and one safety. but also thought that NOT getting a wr would be tough, with only really Jennings and Rudolph as weapons. but I think they sure gave up a lot. I was hoping, and wonder if they tried, to make the third round pick given the one we would be receiving from seattle next year so at least we would have still had a third left to shore up the other spot (mlb or wr, whichever we ended up not picking). really wish that would have been the case. I hope speilman at least tried to do that. I now worry about the mlb issue but overall ECSTACTIC about the three guys we picked up.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Long live the bubble screen. They couldn't cross that one off their impressive arsenal of weapons...
Deadpool
Rookie

Post by Deadpool »

John_Viveiros wrote:Using the NFL.com board, we got prospects #2, 14, and 26 in the draft. I'll look for other boards and see what the other boards say...
NFLDraftCountdown is knowledgeable, Scott Wright watches a lot of tape.

He rated Patterson his #1 WR going into the draft, and he had our picks at 12, 21, and 23 overall.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/WR.php
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eli wrote:Long live the bubble screen. They couldn't cross that one off their impressive arsenal of weapons...
I subscribe to the "whatever works" school of thought.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Vike Fan 4 Life
Starter

Post by Vike Fan 4 Life »

what an amazing draft, we may have given up a little too much for Patterson, but I think he has the talent to become a star. Great job Rick, in you I trust.
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

Magnus1959
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Magnus1959 »

I'm damn happy with this draft, now lets go win. At 54 I'm not getting any younger. :smilevike:
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

Future picks to get Te'o in 2nd round? would be great!
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!