Audie Cole's opportunity

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Audie Cole's opportunity

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Purple bruise wrote:
You just can't help yourself trying to "stir up" crap with me :rofl: Thanks for the few days that you didn't though, it was nice :roll:
Lol, what?

You're the one typing people's usernames into the internet and posting what you 'found' in the thread. How is Demi stirring up anything?
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

JEC334 wrote:Looking at the replies to this forum thread it's obvious that Cole isn't taken serious as far as trying to compete for a starting spot. No one seems to care. lol People seem to be more fascinated in his hunting techniques than his skills as a football player :lol: :lol: :lol:
^^^^ That. Honestly, does anyone else besides me think that about how Audie replied?
“I think we wound up shooting 5,000 doves in 4.5 days between 10 guys."
I don't think it's too hard to believe that that was probably somewhat of an exaggeration? I mean he didn't clarify with a direct statement that it was 5,000 exactly. I mean how often are you going to say a miniscule number, instead of trying to sound macho with a big number? :idea:

Anyway, I'd really like to see Cole do well with the Vikings as he's shown some potential. Let's just hope as VIKINGS FANS, that he does step up and do his part.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

yeah buddy ... lets hope he turns into the next (Clay Matthews) type guy for what a 7th round pick

Go Audie Cole tear up the NFL!!!
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Purple bruise wrote:34 posts and counting (including mine) over AC killing doves :shock: It must be the off season :lol:
Not only that, but there is still 20+ inches of ice on the freaking lakes in MN!!! I think I'm going to have to get out tip ups for the Walleye Opener. GOOD GRIEF!

On the positive side of things, this could be an indication that hell froze over. That means the VIKINGS WILL WIN THE SB!!!!
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 »

MelanieMFunk wrote: lol. So he can kill thousands of little birds with a gun and kick a 5'0" female's @$$?

You're right. He's tough. Good argument. Real solid point. lol. :thumbsup:
I figured you were Tavarias Jackson, otherwise im at a loss as to why he would be your avatar. :confused:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

RandallioCobb18 wrote:I figured you were Tavarias Jackson, otherwise im at a loss as to why he would be your avatar. :confused:
:rofl:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

RandallioCobb18 wrote: I figured you were Tavarias Jackson, otherwise im at a loss as to why he would be your avatar. :confused:
It's "Tarvaris" Jackson. I know; it's a hard name to spell, especially after 6 years. Tavarias? Arias? Like Jodi Arias?
RandallioCobb18
Starter

MelanieMFunk wrote: It's "Tarvaris" Jackson. I know; it's a hard name to spell, especially after 6 years. Tavarias? Arias? Like Jodi Arias?
I apologize for spelling your name wrong Tarvaris, It wont happen again.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

RandallioCobb18 wrote: I apologize for spelling your name wrong Tarvaris, It wont happen again.
You're hilarious--and petty. :thumbsup:
RandallioCobb18
Starter

You're hilarious--and petty. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Whatever you say sweetie, not quite sure what would make you say i'm petty, but Ill take your word for it.
MV711
Backup

Post by MV711 »

Cole better really step it up if he is to secure the MLB position. I would like to see the Vikes draft a MLB, see what Cole has and possibly get Urlacher for a year or two if the price is right. We need more than Greenway at the LB position!!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Cole better really step it up if he is to secure the MLB position. I would like to see the Vikes draft a MLB, see what Cole has and possibly get Urlacher for a year or two if the price is right. We need more than Greenway at the LB position!!
I think Cole has some great instincts for the MLB role ..

I know it was a preseason game but he had two pick sixes against Buffalo in his first season.. at some level that has to transfer..

I wouldn't mind having Urlacher to play and coach him up for at least one season or two..
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

jackal wrote: I think Cole has some great instincts for the MLB role ..

I know it was a preseason game but he had two pick sixes against Buffalo in his first season.. at some level that has to transfer..

I wouldn't mind having Urlacher to play and coach him up for at least one season or two..
Well ... sometimes the preseason is an indication of what a player will do in the regular season ... and sometimes it's just the preseason ...

Troy Williamson Emerges As a Star in Jacksonville Jaguars Pre-season Home Opener
Troy Williamson has emerged as the unlikely star of the passing offense, putting up one of the most impressive performances by any receiver during the Jack Del Rio era, breaking big plays of 74 and 61 yards.

He set the tone for his night on the first play from scrimmage by running through the Tampa secondary and hauling in a David Garrard bomb for a touchdown.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Cliff wrote,
Well ... sometimes the preseason is an indication of what a player will do in the regular season ... and sometimes it's just the preseason ...
True I know its more a long shot than reality at this point, but I have to admit I love the long shot players.
Guys like John Randle and Warren Moon who went undrafted ,and then had Hall of Fame careers in the NFL.

Not to mention the purple kool aid tastes good..

post script .. don't the Vikings have enough negative fans; I know this website does :)