Percy's future w/ Vikings looking uncertain

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Percy's future w/ Vikings looking uncertain

Post by mansquatch »

That just doesn’t make sense. (Which doesn’t mean it isn’t true) Harvin was on pace to be in the running for MVP in Musgrave’s offense last year. Why would he suddenly not like an offense that put him in that position? This is starting to remind me of the Marbury mess with T-Wolves about 12 years ago.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

mrc44 wrote:
:rofl: :rofl:
cute guys. I can take a ribbing.

In an attempt to lend myself a small bit of credibility, see this discussion of Willie Shaw getting replace by George O'Leary back in '03. I announced it 6 days before it happened.

PS- sorry for the Tarkenton10 reminder to the ASFMV folk

http://www.cbssports.com/print/nfl/story/6113625
Vikings Promote O'leary To Replace Fired Defensive Coordinator Shaw

Jan. 8, 2003

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) George O'Leary was promoted to defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday, replacing the fired Willie Shaw
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Bill Carson wrote: cute guys. I can take a ribbing.

In an attempt to lend myself a small bit of credibility, see this discussion of Willie Shaw getting replace by George O'Leary back in '03. I announced it 6 days before it happened.

For the record, i actually hadnt read your post, Bill, when i wrote mine. I just get sick of all of the reporters' unnamed sources.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Bill Carson wrote: cute guys. I can take a ribbing.

First off I am not making fun of you but two things that I find interesting are that you still have that post from ten years ago and what does that have to do with anything? I guess your point is that you had "inside" information then and you still do.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

Purple bruise wrote: First off I am not making fun of you but two things that I find interesting are that you still have that post from ten years ago and what does that have to do with anything? I guess your point is that you had "inside" information then and you still do.
Well I don't have the post, google groups does. But yes, I'm trying to demonstrate that I actually do know some of these guys, have been around them for a long while, and do have some inside info from time to time. I'm not just making stuff up.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Bill Carson wrote: Well I don't have the post, google groups does. But yes, I'm trying to demonstrate that I actually do know some of these guys, have been around them for a long while, and do have some inside info from time to time. I'm not just making stuff up.
I was not suggesting that you were not being honest. Thanks for the reply :v):

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:Still more info...
:lol: There's no way they're going to let Spielman kill the swirling trade talk that easily!
Exactly. Heck, any player is expendable, maybe the entire team, if a "package of picks and/or players" are being offered that can't be refused.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Bill Carson wrote: Well I don't have the post, google groups does. But yes, I'm trying to demonstrate that I actually do know some of these guys, have been around them for a long while, and do have some inside info from time to time. I'm not just making stuff up.
I don't mean to accuse, but I find it hard to see any link at all to predicting O'Leary replacing Shaw 10 years ago and haveing an inside scoop to what players think of each other on today's club.

Ponder's struggles on the field aside, I find it very hard to think Ponder is an outcast among his teammates. Everything you hear from any source is that Ponder gets along very well with his teammates, and often times it's something brought up unprovoked. I don't see any reason why coaches, front office, the media, and players would go out of their way to create a fake sense of commodore between Ponder and his teammates, especially when we heard regular reports of TJack's inability to connect with his teammates. Not to mention, watching him myself, he seems like a very outgoing person who would get along with the people around him. And when you watch him around his teammates, be it on the field or off, you can see what appears to be genuine friendships.

To me, it's just too farfetched to buy. If you were to say they didn't believe in him as a football player, or something along those lines, I could see there being truth to that. But not to him being a social outcast
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I find it very hard to think Ponder is an outcast among his teammates.
There was buzz during the season that a number of players felt Webb should have received a look. No reports or anything just gossip out of the twin cities media. Not saying half the roster wanted Ponder cut, but the talk was there some players weren't very happy with how it was being handled.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Demi wrote: There was buzz during the season that a number of players felt Webb should have received a look. No reports or anything just gossip out of the twin cities media. Not saying half the roster wanted Ponder cut, but the talk was there some players weren't very happy with how it was being handled.
So the question is, what the buzz was after Webb finally played? I'll bet the players in question figured out why Webb wasn't used as the starter.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Demi wrote: There was buzz during the season that a number of players felt Webb should have received a look. No reports or anything just gossip out of the twin cities media. Not saying half the roster wanted Ponder cut, but the talk was there some players weren't very happy with how it was being handled.
But that "buzz" was due to Ponder's performance, it had nothing to do with him as a person.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Harvin is an intelligent person, though has some issues, (throwing a weight at Childress, having a heated argument with maybe the most reasonable, nice coach in the NFL in Frazier).
In my opinion, Harvin wants to have the title of being very very highly paid. To him, it's so everybody recognizes what he is "worth" -- he wants that financial title. Sure he wants to win, but he wants to be recognised for his talent in ways other than fan cheers.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Interesting read:

Percy Harvin, Pats go way back
Boston Herald | Feb 17
" Let’s start with a little background on Percy Harvin, the disgruntled Vikings receiver who wants out of Minnesota. More to the point, let us provide some context on Bill Belichick’s relationship with Harvin prior to the 2009 NFL draft, along with a possible connection to the Patriots going forward."
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 31446.html

vikingsfansince07
Practice Squad

Post by vikingsfansince07 »

I can guarantee Percy stays. Why, because Peterson wants him to stay. Case Closed no further discussion needed.
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

If Harvin does leave, I think he will go to the patriots. They lost Welker so he would fill that gap perfectly, and I think percy would absolutely love to have brady throwing to him. Purple bruise's article that he posted is also a positive sign of him going to new england.
ADMVP & CCHOF