New Uniforms?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

New Uniforms?

Post by TheCoolerOne »

Was cruising PFT, saw something about the dolphins new logo. Always mildly interested in uni redesigns. Anway, followed the hyperlink, http://www.dolfansnyc.com/2012/12/23/is ... hins-logo/, nothing of real interest here except...

"Other bits of information I got from my source is that the Dolphins will not have an orange jersey next year and that the Vikings new uniforms are retro and “awesome”. The source seemed to like our uniforms more than the logo and hinted that they were retro, but wouldn’t say much more than that."

Guess we're getting newer (cooler) unis?
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Re: New Uniforms?

Post by PurpleHalo »

Nike took over the NFL apparal contract this season. Of course they will change them all, to make boatloads of money. They jacked up the prices this year, the cheap jerseys are 100 now, I wont be buying any of em. I want Reebok back!
This space available for rent.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

PurpleHalo wrote:Nike took over the NFL apparal contract this season. Of course they will change them all, to make boatloads of money. They jacked up the prices this year, the cheap jerseys are 100 now, I wont be buying any of em. I want Reebok back!

Just a little tie bit. I always order 2-3 jerseys a year from [Mod Edit] they are 100% authentic and cost $30-$40. They come straight from Hong Kong, so it takes like a month to get to Alaska, but well worth it. Just thought I'd share for all the fans that want authentic jerseys but don't want to pay $300.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Well let's hope so. I like the old ones much better... I wouldn't complain if they decided to go that route.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

akvikingsfan wrote:
Just a little tie bit. I always order 2-3 jerseys a year from [Mod Edit] they are 100% authentic and cost $30-$40. They come straight from Hong Kong, so it takes like a month to get to Alaska, but well worth it. Just thought I'd share for all the fans that want authentic jerseys but don't want to pay $300.
These are about as authentic as the Gucci bags you can buy on Canal St. in New York.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Well let's hope so. I like the old ones much better... I wouldn't complain if they decided to go that route.
I Would LOVE to see the old uniforms come back permantely
ViciousBritishVike
Starter

Post by ViciousBritishVike »

If not a full implementation of the retro jerseys (similar to what the Broncos did last season by reverting to orange), they should at least aim to use them on a more regular basis, perhaps half of the home slate?

I think in general, old school looks are superior, especially with the Pats and Eagles. I'm also a fan of those gaudy old Bucs jersey, the popsicle alternative. You can't say they're not original.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

ViciousBritishVike wrote:If not a full implementation of the retro jerseys (similar to what the Broncos did last season by reverting to orange), they should at least aim to use them on a more regular basis, perhaps half of the home slate?

I think in general, old school looks are superior, especially with the Pats and Eagles. I'm also a fan of those gaudy old Bucs jersey, the popsicle alternative. You can't say they're not original.

I liked those bright orange Bucs jerseys too. They were unique and I thought they were appropriate for a team that plays in bright, sunny Florida.

I'd love it if the Vikes switched to new jerseys that were much closer in design to their older, "classic" look. Whatever they do, I hope it's an improvement, not a step in the wrong direction.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:
I liked those bright orange Bucs jerseys too. They were unique and I thought they were appropriate for a team that plays in bright, sunny Florida.

I'd love it if the Vikes switched to new jerseys that were much closer in design to their older, "classic" look. Whatever they do, I hope it's an improvement, not a step in the wrong direction.

Hot pink.
Just kidding.

To me, the funny thing with the Bucs is I like those orange ones, but I really like their current ones too, when they wear the red shirts. I can't think of any other team that I like both old and new. I really miss the Patriots jerseys from the late 80s. I also like the old Seahawks colors, but for their logo I like their current one.
And FWIW, I think the Timberwolves should go back to their original jerseys as well :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Sigh. Well, I guess those three Nike jerseys I got this year are already outdated... :(
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Hot pink.
Just kidding.
Really? You don't think hot pink would look great? ;)
To me, the funny thing with the Bucs is I like those orange ones, but I really like their current ones too, when they wear the red shirts. I can't think of any other team that I like both old and new. I really miss the Patriots jerseys from the late 80s. I also like the old Seahawks colors, but for their logo I like their current one.
And FWIW, I think the Timberwolves should go back to their original jerseys as well :)
I like both versions of the Bucs jersey too. In fact, I have a Mike Alstott Bucs jersey (I was a big Alstott fan).

I greatly preferred the old Seahawks colors to their current colors. I think they have the ugliest color combination and uniforms in the NFL now. Their logo has always been cool. :)

There are a few teams where I like both the old and new uniforms. For example, I like the uniforms for both the Oilers and the Titans (or does that count since team name changed?). I like the old and new uniforms for the Pats too.
ViciousBritishVike
Starter

Post by ViciousBritishVike »

Mothman wrote:

I'm glad someone agrees, usually pepople just write them off for being overly audacious. Perhaps it boils down to being a rather eccentric person.

It would be nice to factor in at least some retro style, honouring the rich history of our team, whilst also baring in mind a propsperous future.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

ViciousBritishVike wrote:I'm glad someone agrees, usually pepople just write them off for being overly audacious. Perhaps it boils down to being a rather eccentric person.

That could be it! It may also depend on if a person is very visually-oriented and interested in color. I tend to pay a lot of attention to the latter so, for example, I always liked it when the Vikes would play those old Bucs because seeing the only purple team (back then) playing against the only team with that hue of orange made for an interesting, appealing color scheme on the field. My favorite combination of team uniforms is when the purple, gold and white Vikes play the red, yellow and white Chiefs. The colors look great!

Of course, it's a lot better if the Vikes actually win the game too. :)
It would be nice to factor in at least some retro style, honouring the rich history of our team, whilst also baring in mind a propsperous future.
Agreed! Hopefully, that's the direction they'll go...
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

I'm telling y'all:

Throwbacks or bust.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Please let this happen. I'll always love these road whites...

Too clean!