Stadium thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: Stadium thread

Post by Demi »

dead_poet wrote:####. What the hell is up with this last minute dog-and-pony ####? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
Obstructionists. Need to vote them out! :twisted:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Nah nah nah nah,
Nah nah nah nah,
hey hey hey!! Goo-ood Bye!!

Bye bye Vikings. IT was fun while it lasted.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

My optimism for the new stadium died a painful death today. I don't think the GOP will even bring it up for a vote. Sad, really. Hide behind anonymity to prevent a vote that won't pass it.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Pathetic. Frankly, I don't even know why I bother reading about the stadium anymore. Nothing ever changes.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

http://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy ... rust-issue
Legislators’ out-of-blue stadium proposal badly fumbles trust issue By Doug Grow | 05:30 pm
But they denied they were trying to kill a stadium.

“I would never question the motives [behind a bill],” Zellers said. “It’s another solution to the problem, another option.”

Without a “new solution,” Zellers implied he didn’t think there were enough House votes to pass a stadium bill. He said he believes the bill will appeal to DFLers because it’s tied to a higher bonding level.

The first DFL reaction to reports of the secret deals and the new proposal were quick and hostile.
Go back to trust. Again, from the beginning of this process, a number of legislators, including some on the key working group that puttogether the deal that cleared committees and was expected to get to the floors, said they have had a difficult time trusting the Vikings.

The contrast often was made between Bagley and the Twins’ Jerry Bell, the lead negotiator for the baseball team in the years-long process that finally led to the construction of Target Field.

Legislators believed Bell.

“We knew he spoke for the Pohlads,” said one senator who has worked on both projects but would only talk privately. “We don’t know that about Bagley.”

Additionally, legislators frequently said they don’t know Zygi and Mark Wilf, who own the Vikings but who don’t have Minnesota ties.

It’s also been difficult for bipartisan architects of the stadium deal to trust Zellers. He has tap-danced around his position on the stadium for months, a dance that continued today.

That coyness has had legislators, of both parties, shaking their heads.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

A$$holes. Every one of them. I wish Dayton could fire them all.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

“We knew he spoke for the Pohlads,” said one senator who has worked on both projects but would only talk privately. “We don’t know that about Bagley.”
Another glaring case of Zygi sticking with proven incompetence he knows over taking a chance on something he doesn't. Bagley was here for the better part of a decade and was a bumbling FOOL for almost all of it. The guy's a used car salesman scum bag who should have been shown the door the minute Zygi showed up. Instead he keeps the guy who's accomplished nothing and continues to, now, not only accomplish nothing but apparently derail the entire thing.

There's more than enough blame to go around. Don't some people have tea they can go throw off a boat or something. :steamed:
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

You know Demi has a good idea. In protest fans should dye the Mississippi River purple.
diehardtwinsfan
Practice Squad

Post by diehardtwinsfan »

I actually think open air would provide quite the homefield advantage... I realize it isn't hte best economically, but no one would want to play the Vikings at home in Dec/Jan.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Stadium thread

Post by dead_poet »

diehardtwinsfan wrote:I actually think open air would provide quite the homefield advantage... I realize it isn't hte best economically, but no one would want to play the Vikings at home in Dec/Jan.
Including the Vikings. :)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Sorry for this rant. Minnesota has a democratic governor, two democratic senators and has voted democrat IIRC in every presidential election since 1972. Yet House GOP leaders think ALL the voters support their supposed mandate based on one 2010 election to support tea party like one-sided politics. It's laughable. Minnesota is in the middle politically, a perfect candidate for a compromise politically on the stadium. Yet the right is going to kill it, just because they think it's their way or no way. Unbelievable. They shut down the government. The state leaders on the GOP side are pathetic and laughable, I don't care if Zellers finds it insulting, I find his leadership insulting to intelligent people everywhere. Go Vikes!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

CalVike wrote:Sorry for this rant. Minnesota has a democratic governor, two democratic senators and has voted democrat IIRC in every presidential election since 1972. Yet House GOP leaders think ALL the voters support their supposed mandate based on one 2010 election to support tea party like one-sided politics. It's laughable. Minnesota is in the middle politically, a perfect candidate for a compromise politically on the stadium. Yet the right is going to kill it, just because they think it's their way or no way. Unbelievable. They shut down the government. The state leaders on the GOP side are pathetic and laughable, I don't care if Zellers finds it insulting, I find his leadership insulting to intelligent people everywhere. Go Vikes!
I know a bit of politics spills over into the stadium conversation but you're going to need to pull back a little here. I understand your frustration but this is a post that I can see going into politics outside of the stadium issue.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

CalVike wrote:Sorry for this rant. Minnesota has a democratic governor, two democratic senators and has voted democrat IIRC in every presidential election since 1972. Yet House GOP leaders think ALL the voters support their supposed mandate based on one 2010 election to support tea party like one-sided politics. It's laughable. Minnesota is in the middle politically, a perfect candidate for a compromise politically on the stadium. Yet the right is going to kill it, just because they think it's their way or no way. Unbelievable. They shut down the government. The state leaders on the GOP side are pathetic and laughable, I don't care if Zellers finds it insulting, I find his leadership insulting to intelligent people everywhere. Go Vikes!
Right now its mainly the GOP but Dems voted many times against it too. Plus Dayton is a figurehead at best. I wouldnt trust him anymore to polish my shoes. The Vikings will leave during his watch. Saying he tried doesnt amount to anything. You do or you dont. If he cant pull both sides to the middle on this I hope we never have a Dayton in office again.

None of those in the house or senate should get re-elected next term.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

You do or you dont. If he cant pull both sides to the middle on this I hope we never have a Dayton in office again.
He can't pull anyone to the middle that is refusing to be pulled to the middle. Not only will they not move toward the middle, they go further to the right as the thing moves forward just to spite it!
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

For the first time, I'm actually starting to think that this isn't gonna get done. Any positivity I've tried to keep was crushed in the last few days. We're gonna lose our #### team