Stadium thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Stadium thread

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Anticipation is killing, but I am not going to throw in the towel. I hope we can get this done. This team's affect on my life has been too much to measure in any way. Part of me would die if we lost them.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Anticipation is killing, but I am not going to throw in the towel. I hope we can get this done. This team's affect on my life has been too much to measure in any way. Part of me would die if we lost them.
This.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I am seeing reports that if a deal is reached that it will be around 2016 before the stadium is ready. Why would it take so long? Doesn't that seem a bit long? :confused:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am seeing reports that if a deal is reached that it will be around 2016 before the stadium is ready. Why would it take so long? Doesn't that seem a bit long? :confused:

Gonna be a union job, stretch it out as long as possible to keep the unemployment down. :wink:
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

I think the saddest thing is the comments at the bottom and the amount of thumbs up for statements in favor of sending the Vikes packing. :wallbang: My god are minnesotans short sighted. Like someone who burns there hand in a fire yet keeps sticking their hands right back in. Did you not learn anything from the Northstars people. :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: and for good measure.... :wallbang:
Seek and Destroy
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

bigskyeric wrote:I think the saddest thing is the comments at the bottom and the amount of thumbs up for statements in favor of sending the Vikes packing. :wallbang: My god are minnesotans short sighted. Like someone who burns there hand in a fire yet keeps sticking their hands right back in. Did you not learn anything from the Northstars people. :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: and for good measure.... :wallbang:
That's just the Strib for ya. I stopped commenting there years ago because I realized it was the same group of people essentially trolling and flaming on the comments. Don't let those losers get to you.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

thatguy wrote: That's just the Strib for ya. I stopped commenting there years ago because I realized it was the same group of people essentially trolling and flaming on the comments. Don't let those losers get to you.

I remember you told me the same thing when I read those comments b efore, and since then I haven't bothered to read them. I guarantee thsoe idiots would be very sad without Viking Football as soon as they left. They are very short sighted. They just have no idea how much money events like a Super Bowl or College Bowl Game would bring in. Then, of course, if they built the stadium WITHOUT public money, they would all want their share of the extra money that is brought in for those events.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Nice interview with PA regarding the stadium push as it stands now: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/audi ... ae4b677aa3
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I remember you told me the same thing when I read those comments b efore, and since then I haven't bothered to read them. I guarantee thsoe idiots would be very sad without Viking Football as soon as they left. They are very short sighted. They just have no idea how much money events like a Super Bowl or College Bowl Game would bring in. Then, of course, if they built the stadium WITHOUT public money, they would all want their share of the extra money that is brought in for those events.
EXACTLY.
CCthebest
Career Elite Player

Post by CCthebest »

thatguy wrote: EXACTLY.
It isnt worth reading the comments. The only reason people post them is to piss people off. Thats it. I doubt they even believe them.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

dead_poet wrote:Nice interview with PA regarding the stadium push as it stands now: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/audi ... ae4b677aa3
Nice! I'm glad they voted against a referendum.
Seek and Destroy
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

http://www.twincities.com/ci_19113876

A whole lot of nothing Im sure. Especially since Ziggy just said publically he would wait another year for the stadium.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

purple guy wrote:http://www.twincities.com/ci_19113876

A whole lot of nothing Im sure. Especially since Ziggy just said publically he would wait another year for the stadium.
I don't see it in this article. Where did Ziggy say that?
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PsyDanny wrote: I don't see it in this article. Where did Ziggy say that?

I looked for the link, but cant remember where I read it. I THINK it was a link posted on another message board, on vikings front page (scout.com). But I cant find it. But I did read it yesterday, he did say it.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

purple guy wrote:http://www.twincities.com/ci_19113876

I am pretty sure if he said it, he meant that if it took longer to construct it would not be an issue. I don't think he meant if it takes another year to get approved. And why would he wait? The Vikings have been pushing for a new stadium for 10 years or so, and the only thing they keep hearing is "Now is not a good time". So when the time comes, the Vikings will be gone.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966