Hello from England....

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

UK Phil
Franchise Player

Hello from England....

Post by UK Phil »

How's it going Vikings fans? I'm a long suffering Vikings fan like i'm sure you all are and have recently discovered this forum (which is an absolute god-send by the way!). American football is increasing in popularity in England all the time but the coverage is still very limited so it's great to be able to look on here for news...

It's been a strange old season so far. We've massively underachieved in my opinion but i can't say i'm surprised having followed the Vikes and other equally useless sporting sides for the last 20 years.

I'm very interested in people's views on our head coach. I personally think he's hopeless and having watched a handful of our games this season, some of his play-calling has been shockingly poor in my opinion. Why was a QB not signed over the summer?! There was a rumour over here that we might have got McNabb but clearly that turned out to be paper-talk. As harsh as it sounds, i don't believe we are gunna be anything more than a .5/600 team with Jackson or Ferrotte.

Anyway, less about football, as i'm sure you guys have heard all these opinions over and over!! As i mentioned, the coverage of the vikes in the UK is pretty ordinary. Sky have shown a few of our games this season but no more are scheduled to be shown until the play-offs. Was just wondering if i could watch them online somewhere? Anyone know any live streaming? As it is so frustrating watch that NFL gamecentre thing on nfl.com.

Regards
Phil
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Hello from England....

Post by Raptorman »

Welcome Phil. You think with tht NFL trying to expand it's market into Europe they would have at least found a way to get more games over there. Be that as it may, many of us over here in the US have the same problem. Unless you can afford the NFL package on Direct TV you get to see maybe 3 games a year. I have actually seen more Green Bay games in the last 3 years then Vikings games. This year its 5-3 so far.

Most of what your looking for has been talked about in the last 6 months. If you have some time, go back through some of the threads and just read. I think you will find out very quickly what most think of our coach.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Welcome, Phil. Nice to have you join us. I pretty much agree with your assessments. I haven't liked the way the QB position or passing game has been handled overall. OTOH, the passing game has made some strides lately, but only against vulnerable and often injury laden defenses. I think Childress still wants to field a smash mouth college team, but he's had to change course a bit because his view of yesteryear football doesn't work nowadays.

I hope that you can see more Vikings and NFL games over there. Like Raptorman said, with the NFL trying to expand, it seems as if they'd be finding a way to get more games aired across the ocean.
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

Welcome man XDXD its great to have you. Hope you have fun.
I like you am annoyed at the english coverage of vikings games xD. Im from ireland so i have trouble getting to see all teh vikes games 2. Did you go to wembley it was awseome :D
supervman
Transition Player

Post by supervman »

Welcome Man.
Great to have you here. Good people here.
You'll also find links here to local newspaper articles which will give you more information.

Have fun.

SKOL
Vman
MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by MWNANCe »

Welcome to the board!

I did move this to the Vikings Bar just to keep it on topic!

There are a lot of great posters here and lots or great info
I believe..
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Welcome to the board.