KFAN-AM co-host Dubay arrested

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

bignflfan
Transition Player

Re: KFAN-AM co-host Dubay arrested

Post by bignflfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
If it was "felony possession" why wouldn't they charge him?

He would be almost the last person that I thought would do something like that though. That will be something worth keeping an eye on.

Dubay was released without charges pending further investigation, according to a sheriff's department spokes-person.
Mr. X
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Mr. X »

bignflfan wrote:If it was "felony possession" why wouldn't they charge him? Dubay was released without charges pending further investigation, according to a sheriff's department spokes-person.
My guess: the police think they know what the substance is but are not sure. They keep the substance, send it to the crime lab to nail it down and release Dubay pending further investigation (i.e. the lab results).
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mr. X wrote:My guess: the police think they know what the substance is but are not sure. They keep the substance, send it to the crime lab to nail it down and release Dubay pending further investigation (i.e. the lab results).

Yes, that's often how it works.

Ahem...I know from personal experience...
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Mr. X wrote: My guess: the police think they know what the substance is but are not sure. They keep the substance, send it to the crime lab to nail it down and release Dubay pending further investigation (i.e. the lab results).
That is exactly how it works. They will wait for the results and then turn everything over to the DA (guess that is their title in Minnesota, each state is different) and will have them file the charges.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

vikingman wrote:That is exactly how it works. They will wait for the results and then turn everything over to the DA (guess that is their title in Minnesota, each state is different) and will have them file the charges.
This case, if there is one, will be handled by the Ramsey County Attorney's office (Maplewood - a St. Paul suburb - is in Ramsey County). Considering the County Attorney has already announced she will run for Governor she would love some media coverage, Dubay could be in trouble there.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

UPDATE: KFAN fires Dubay

Post by PurpleMustReign »

KFAN Fires Dubay

KFAN has parted ways with Jeff Dubay.

The decision comes after Dubay was charged Wednesday with felony drug possession, accused of tossing crack cocaine and a pipe from his vehicle in Maplewood last week. Dubay had been the co-host of a mid-day show with Paul Allen for the past 10 years on the sports-talk station.

Mike Crusham, president and market manager for Clear Channel Minneapolis, which owns KFAN, confirmed Dubay's dismissal.

That is too bad. I really think he and Allen made a good team. But I totally understand why they did it.

Good luck to Mr. Dubay. I hope he can get the treatment he needs.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Thats really a shame. I really liked the PA and Dubay show.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

There is a time when someone with an addiction has to hit bottom, lose his/her income and other, to get their life right. It has happened in my family and it is sad, difficult for all, but important.

Losing his KFAN job could be the best thing for him at this point.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

I'm going to move this to "The Bar"... it was a mistake to post this in Vikings Talk in the first place. Sorry.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Crack? Seriously? That's so 1990's.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

glg wrote:Crack? Seriously? That's so 1990's.
Guess I'm missing the point... crack is still a problem in 2008?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

John wrote: Guess I'm missing the point... crack is still a problem in 2008?
Still a problem, but Meth is a bigger problem, well maybe not bigger but at least it has been showing up a heck of a lot more.. Crack is to the 90s what meth is to the 2000s and cocaine was to the late 70s early 80s.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

John wrote: Guess I'm missing the point... crack is still a problem in 2008?
Bad joke about crack being out of "fashion". Crack isn't something we seem to hear much about these days. As Demi said, more of the problems these days seem to be meth.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

glg wrote: Bad joke about crack being out of "fashion". Crack isn't something we seem to hear much about these days. As Demi said, more of the problems these days seem to be meth.
I don't know much about any of it, as you can tell from my posts. Meth, crack, it's a problem, a big problem.

I knew a big time professional years ago who lost it all with coke. We all know people who have had troubles with booze - I was one. My Irish wife cured that problem with a "sit down" discussion I'll never forget. God bless her.

This firing might be the "hitting bottom" Dubay needs to get his attention. He was little more than a medium fish in a small pond, but got an ego that was nuts. We all learned about our errors at about his age, I hope he does. This arrest could turn out to be a very positive moment in his life.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Or maybe he was just a responsible user of a maligned subject, and this will destroy his life? Drug use should be a social and a health issue, not a criminal issue.
Was that too political?