Other Vikings Boards

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

BGM
Hall of Famer

Other Vikings Boards

Post by BGM »

I was wondering what other Vikings message boards any of us visit regularly or semi-regularly. Honestly, this is the only one I visit, so I'd like to know what other boards out there might be worth looking into once or twice every couple weeks.

One of things I like here is the camaraderie (well, as much as one can have in cyberspace), the overal respectfulness, as well as the willingness to delve into just about any subject. And there are simply certain folks whose posts I never want to miss!

So, let's discuss discussion boards. :)

BGM
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Enrage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Enrage »

The only one I ever used to be a regular at was vikingsboard.net before it shut down (I was totally disappointed when that happened). The other big ones I've seen are purplepride.org and Rube Chat. I would never be seen in those forums if I wanted to retain my self respect. I think they both suck hardcore.

At this point the only other message board I use regularly for football is footballsfuture.com, which is one of the biggest and best sites for college football, the draft, and the NFL. I've been there for 2 and 1/2 years and have 10,000+ posts there and I've seen some people over here who venture of there at some points.
jackal
Strong Safety

mmm

Post by jackal »

I have been to purplepride a few times
but i prefer this site by far. Well Obviously
at 4000 something posts
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

I drop by a lot of them as they link to either the main site or this board and I like to keep my links up to date on the website. Don't participate at any of them much due to time constraints. But probably the one I frequent the most is PurplePride.org. They have always been the premier Vikings site out there and we see the guys all the time at tailgates and events.
Mike

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I remember when I was looking for a Vikings Forum when Moss was rumored to being shopped around. I googled Vikings Message Board, and this was the first on the list. I checked it out and read a few posts, and later that evening made my first post!!
mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

i have seen those other 2, but i don't go there ever. their mods are not as good IMO which means the posts are not as good. the conversation here seems to be a lot higher because of the guys running this site :beerchug:
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

mefford76 wrote:the posts are not as good. the conversation here seems to be a lot higher because of the guys running this site
Well, yeah, because Mike supports doobage.

:ganja:
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Minniman wrote: Well, yeah, because Mike supports doobage.

LOL!! Go Mike!! :lol:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

This is the only Viking board I come to on a regular basis. I actually visit 3 Packer boards quite often, defending the Vikings when I can and annoying Packer fans as much as possible. I talk football, not smack, and I think that annoys them more then anything. I go to a couple of multi team boards but they don't seem to have caught on very much.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Minniman wrote: Well, yeah, because Mike supports doobage.

And a little Ripple from time to time.

:ripple:
Mike

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

You have to be kidding me. There are other Viking Message Boards!!! :wink:
BigMo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by BigMo »

:appl:
All I can say is that I do frequent many other boards, but they are all Viking fan boards! I have no reason or desire to troll on any other teams boards and I loath those from other teams who TROLL our boards.

Despite my angst, the KFAN board has been the one I've been a member of the longest, but that's only due to me quiting the AOHELL message board after nearly 10 years of being on there!

I've disliked the way so many other boards are managed and thats the biggest reason I keep coming back to this site! Mike and the crew have made wanting to be here a good enough reason for staying!!!!

SKOL Vikings!

DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

Does anyone remember the Viking Underground message board?
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

DarthBrooks wrote:Does anyone remember the Viking Underground message board?
maybe, I used to frequent another viking board before I came here but can't remember what it was called...its gone now anyway. This is the only one I come to now.
BigMo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by BigMo »

DarthBrooks wrote:Does anyone remember the Viking Underground message board?
Yes, in fact it may no longer be a functioning message board like in the past, Mr. Cheer or Die, has been posting his Youtubes, since he decided a year or two ago to drop the underground.

Based on what I've been able to find, it really seems like its still an active site that he does maintain, just not as diligently as he used too!