Lions @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 501

Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:58 pm

Ugh, Vikings almost lost, Vikings just got very lucky, I knew it would be a close game
0 x

User avatar
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Middle Earth
x 1

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by Lash Man » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:01 pm

Turd Zimmer shouldn't have won this game he stinks on ice , worst coach in the NFL
0 x
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:

User avatar
StpViking
Starter
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: STP, MN
x 20

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by StpViking » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:05 pm

Played like a 1-3 team. Gutsy call by Det at the end, about the only memorable thing about the game.

Cinci just blew the game as I am typing this. So no gains against the Packers.

Boring game for a boring team.

Edit NVM Packers are blowing it, maybe we do gain!
0 x
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8749
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1220

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Fire Zimmer right now. Don’t even give him a chance to make his lame locker room speech. Send him to his ranch in Kentucky. Any coach that gives up 11 points in 3 minutes at the end of a home game deserves to lose his job. I don’t care that we “won.”

Fire him.
1 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

User avatar
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm
x 24

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by allday1991 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:19 pm

StpViking wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:05 pm
Played like a 1-3 team. Gutsy call by Det at the end, about the only memorable thing about the game.

Cinci just blew the game as I am typing this. So no gains against the Packers.

Boring game for a boring team.

Edit NVM Packers are blowing it, maybe we do gain!
What’s it matter, even by some miracle when win the division cause the packers suck more we still don’t stand a chance in hell against the rams, cards, bucs etc. Plus it just buys Zimmer more time.
0 x
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson

VikeFanInEagleLand
Veteran
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 am
x 81

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:22 pm

Normally I would say that we should enjoy the win for a while, but today's game really wasn't a win. It reveals to all Vikings fans that there is no way we are making the Playoffs with this head coach when you look at the remaining schedule. UNLESS, Zimmer is getting fired as I type this. THEN today's game would truly be a win.
0 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 313

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by CharVike » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:25 pm

People calling it a close game hit it on the head. Nice kick for the winner and save some crap for Matti who had a dam good game. Played hard football. He carried the load. Even the TD was difficult with our OL jamming him in from behind. I thought it was locked up easily but nothing is easy for us.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 501

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:26 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm
Fire Zimmer right now. Don’t even give him a chance to make his lame locker room speech. Send him to his ranch in Kentucky. Any coach that gives up 11 points in 3 minutes at the end of a home game deserves to lose his job. I don’t care that we “won.”

Fire him.
Wilfs are not going to fire Zimmer because Vikings won
0 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 313

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by CharVike » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:41 pm

allday1991 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:19 pm
StpViking wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:05 pm
Played like a 1-3 team. Gutsy call by Det at the end, about the only memorable thing about the game.

Cinci just blew the game as I am typing this. So no gains against the Packers.

Boring game for a boring team.

Edit NVM Packers are blowing it, maybe we do gain!
What’s it matter, even by some miracle when win the division cause the packers suck more we still don’t stand a chance in hell against the rams, cards, bucs etc. Plus it just buys Zimmer more time.
Packers won and if Rodgers stays healthy they will have the title wrapped up early. They still need to play it out and try for a WC spot.
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 493

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:03 pm

What a bunch of WHINING. We won. Kirk the "MVP" Cousins led a game winning drive with only 37 seconds to do it. Zimmer has finally figured out the kicking thing. Show faith and patience in your kicker and it will pay off. Go Vikes.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 501

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:13 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:03 pm
What a bunch of WHINING. We won. Kirk the "MVP" Cousins led a game winning drive with only 37 seconds to do it. Zimmer has finally figured out the kicking thing. Show faith and patience in your kicker and it will pay off. Go Vikes.
We have the right to whine since Vikings should have blown a terrible Lions team out
2 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 313

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by CharVike » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:41 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:03 pm
What a bunch of WHINING. We won. Kirk the "MVP" Cousins led a game winning drive with only 37 seconds to do it. Zimmer has finally figured out the kicking thing. Show faith and patience in your kicker and it will pay off. Go Vikes.
Nobody will give Cousins any credit at all for that. It will be labeled as luck or magic or Lion crappy play or some other nonsense. He did it in another game also but the kicker missed a easy one. Everyone needs to play well to win. He didn't do it himself others helped. If a pass was dropped during that last drive or a pick thrown or blocked missed for a strip we were toast.
0 x

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4152
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
x 227

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by Texas Vike » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:50 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... k_him_and/

Anyone see this at the end of the game? Zimmer looks genuinely mad. Kirk claims he was just celebrating, but Zimm's reaction (and another coach holding him back) makes you wonder.
1 x

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8749
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1220

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:05 pm

Texas Vike wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:50 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... k_him_and/

Anyone see this at the end of the game? Zimmer looks genuinely mad. Kirk claims he was just celebrating, but Zimm's reaction (and another coach holding him back) makes you wonder.
I hope Cousins yelled, “I just saved your job!”
1 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

User avatar
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 663
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm
x 27

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by Boon » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Cousins clearly was just showing emotion. Zimmer looked like he was smiling a bit but what I find strange is there is no presser uploaded from either on the website. They have Joseph and the wide outs. No HC and no QB
0 x