Vikings at Bills 11/13/22 Noon Central Time

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Vikings at Bills 11/13/22 Noon Central Time

Post by VikingsVictorious »

It seems like there is some reason to be concerned about the Health of Josh Allen.

Bills head coach Sean McDermott said the team is "still evaluating" Josh Allen's elbow injury.
According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Allen is being evaluated for damage to his ulnar collateral ligament and related nerves. The Bills' signal-caller is expected to be limited in practice ahead of the team's Week 10 matchup against the Vikings, but McDermott did add that the team hopes to know more about Allen's injury in the next 24 hours. While the injury wasn't enough to force him from Sunday's game against the Jets, Allen's status is officially one to monitor throughout this week, but the team does not appear all too concerned about his injury at this time.
SOURCE: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
Nov 7, 2022, 4:19 PM ET
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings at Bills 11/13/22 Noon Central Time

Post by psjordan »

That would lead to ... Case Keenum throwing to Stephon Diggs. I just KNOW I've heard of that combo before ....

Anyways, why not have fate make us face yet another non-starter at QB? And yet ANOTHER ex-Vike QB?

I may go to the game, will report here if so.
Last edited by psjordan on Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

If he can't go the miracle man is in the hole. He'll throw up some wounded ducks.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

psjordan wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:44 pm That would lead to ... Case Keenum throwing to Stephon Diggs. I just KNOW I've heard of that combo before ....

Anyways, why not have fate make us face yet another non-starter at QB? And yet ANOTHER ex-Vike QB?

I think fate turned on us against the Saints when Famous was out. Dalton is less than ideal but then they throw that do everything guy in and causes confusion which helps the vet Dalton. At least with Famous he's not exactly the most accurate guy in town and will toss up a few picks if you pressure him. Like the ex we just faced.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I predict Allen will start, but he might not last the game. Elbow issues for anyone throwing anything are not going to end well for that person. At best, it will be a nagging thing that affects Allen's ability to throw certain types of passes. At worst, he'll aggravate it and end up having to sit out for an extended period of time. Tough call for the Bill's because Allen is a huge part of that offense, moreso than most pro QB's are for their respective teams.

Last I saw, it looks like it will be a cold, windy game. That is going to affect not only both offenses, but both punters and kickers as well. Could end up being a defensive struggle where both teams need to heavily rely on the run and/or turnovers to win.

Along those lines, the Vikings defense seems to be playing the run much better, while the Bills have been struggling a bit in that area. Of course, the Vikings offense hasn't been able to run well either, so they might mask whatever deficiencies the Bills have defending the run. I think the Vikings will be able to hold up against the Bills on the ground, especially if Allen sits it out.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

psjordan wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:44 pm That would lead to ... Case Keenum throwing to Stephon Diggs. I just KNOW I've heard of that combo before ....

I really wanted to go and take my son. Since '97, I've never missed going to a Bills-Vikings game (Buffalo is 3 hours from me). However, the tickets are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. To get 3 tickets, upper deck, near the last row in the stadium would've cost me roughly 1k. Back when the Bills sucked, I could get tickets for $60. Now they are $300+ for crap seats. Super bummed because I know which hotel the Vikings stay at and last time they were here for a preseason game, we booked a room there and my son met Cousins, Cook, Danielle, Harrison, etc. Practically met the whole team and got their autographs. Was an awesome experience.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Prices for tix have dropped every day this week. If Allen ends up listed as questionable, I'll check Sun am (I am currently 90 minutes or so from the stadium) and see what's up for tix. Right now, $300 gets you rows 10-25 behind Vikes bench. Upper 300's are in the $180's. I've seen prices plummet on game day mornings or night before if you can wait.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

psjordan wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:33 am Prices for tix have dropped every day this week. If Allen ends up listed as questionable, I'll check Sun am (I am currently 90 minutes or so from the stadium) and see what's up for tix. Right now, $300 gets you rows 10-25 behind Vikes bench. Upper 300's are in the $180's. I've seen prices plummet on game day mornings or night before if you can wait.
What site are you using to find these prices?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Weather sounds like it will be a big factor.
Rain/Snow 30mph wind gusts.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:21 am What site are you using to find these prices?
Vividseats
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

psjordan wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:02 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:21 am What site are you using to find these prices?
Vividseats
I would be VERY careful with Vivid Seats. Their reputation is not good. In 2020, my wife and I were going to vacation in Colorado. I had tickets to a concert at Red Rocks, a venue that’s on my bucket list. Of course, Covid happened, and everything got shut down. We got our money back from everything — airline, hotel, car rental, etc. — EXCEPT for Vivid Seats. They refused to refund, claiming the concert “wasn’t cancelled, only postponed.” I wrestled with them for over a year to no avail. In the end, I was out about $500. The concert never happened.

One could easily chalk it up to one unusual circumstance and bad luck, but then I looked up online more about them. To my horror, I discovered that Vivid Seats has thousands of complaints against them, everything from situations like mine to other events where customers were charged but never received their tickets (with Vivid Seats, of course, claiming ignorance). They have a B rating with the Better Business Bureau, which is actually quite bad. If you have a dispute with them, you are going to lose.

Buyer beware.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:08 pm I would be VERY careful with Vivid Seats.
I'm not here to stump for vivid but I've had zero issues w/using vivid for NFL games in the past. Most of the NFL vividseats are season ticket holders just trying to either make money or break even on the games they can't attend. My neighbors use vivid to sell their season tix. Since you can set your price as ticket seller, as the games get closer the pricing typically goes down.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:51 am

I really wanted to go and take my son. Since '97, I've never missed going to a Bills-Vikings game (Buffalo is 3 hours from me). However, the tickets are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. To get 3 tickets, upper deck, near the last row in the stadium would've cost me roughly 1k. Back when the Bills sucked, I could get tickets for $60. Now they are $300+ for crap seats. Super bummed because I know which hotel the Vikings stay at and last time they were here for a preseason game, we booked a room there and my son met Cousins, Cook, Danielle, Harrison, etc. Practically met the whole team and got their autographs. Was an awesome experience.
That pre season game will always be a great memory for you and your son! I would have thought for sure you would be going to this game, I really thought about going but I don't want to sit outside as the weather looks cold and windy. My daughter lives outside of Philadelphia and has friends who are Bills fans and she has been told that their tailgates are crazy fun.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Husker Vike wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:59 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:51 am

That pre season game will always be a great memory for you and your son! I would have thought for sure you would be going to this game, I really thought about going but I don't want to sit outside as the weather looks cold and windy. My daughter lives outside of Philadelphia and has friends who are Bills fans and she has been told that their tailgates are crazy fun.
Yeah the more I see the weather for this game, the less I want to go lol. I dont want to watch my Vikes play in miserable weather.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:28 am
Husker Vike wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:59 pm

Yeah the more I see the weather for this game, the less I want to go lol. I dont want to watch my Vikes play in miserable weather.
Stop being a wimp and go! Vikings used to play in miserable weather and fans still went anyway until Vikings got a dome and if Vikings win, you are going to be crying and whining that you wish that you went to the game