Thielen to IR - Covid -19

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Thielen to IR - Covid -19

Post by me4get »

Thielen on IR Covid-19 List
Viking fan since '65
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Thielen to IR - Covid -19

Post by psjordan »

Ugh
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

It would be a miracle if he ends up being the only one.......
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Don't panic yet.

This may mean, as it did for C.J. Ham, that he was in close contact with someone who has Covid. If he tests negative throughout the week, he could play Sunday.

If not, we may be hosed. Carolina is tough, and at 4-7, they're just a half-game worse record-wise than we are. If they have Teddy back under center, it could be rough sledding. They beat Detroit 20-0 yesterday without him.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:06 pm Don't panic yet.

This may mean, as it did for C.J. Ham, that he was in close contact with someone who has Covid. If he tests negative throughout the week, he could play Sunday.

If not, we may be hosed. Carolina is tough, and at 4-7, they're just a half-game worse record-wise than we are. If they have Teddy back under center, it could be rough sledding. They beat Detroit 20-0 yesterday without him.
Yeah except Detroit is a crappy team so I am not impressed
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:07 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:06 pm Don't panic yet.

Yeah except Detroit is a crappy team so I am not impressed
Well, if you’re not impressed with what Carolina has accomplished this year, given what was expected of them, then you must not be easily impressed. They’ve played the good teams tough and have done things like shut out bad teams. They have a very young team and a first-year head coach, and they’ve given everybody fits.

We’re gonna have our hands full, Thielen or not.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Its okay, we have one of the deepest WR corps in the NFL. So deep we didn't need to draft another WR after Jefferson until we took a WR who was more of special teams guy than a WR.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:41 am Its okay, we have one of the deepest WR corps in the NFL. So deep we didn't need to draft another WR after Jefferson until we took a WR who was more of special teams guy than a WR.
Whew! Thanks for reminding me. For a minute I didn't remember what we had after JJ and BB! :rofl:
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Well.... Theilen catches EVERYTHING!!!! Wish he wouldn't have in this case.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Playoff chances are slim to none now anyways. :ripple: I wish him a speedy recovery if he has it. I have had it for the last week or so. It hasn't been too bad for me.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:02 pm Playoff chances are slim to none now anyways. :ripple: I wish him a speedy recovery if he has it. I have had it for the last week or so. It hasn't been too bad for me.
So glad u are doing OK with it, and I pray you continue with that and get past it.
It's really spreading like crazy in our community. My wife is back to working remote at home and have been several cases at my place of work. It seems to affect people so differently. A little, thin women that weights prob 95 lbs and close to 60 yrs old had it and is back to work. She said about all she had was fatigue.
Have a good friend there, about 47 and a 6'1"" and in really good shape, was actually off for 22 days. Said it was the worst thing he has ever had. Had 3 ER trips due to extremely high fever, said he couldn't breathe very well, was exhausted and lost several pounds. Crazy the difference in the 2.
So again I hope you don't have a rough time and get past it well.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:02 pm Playoff chances are slim to none now anyways. :ripple: I wish him a speedy recovery if he has it. I have had it for the last week or so. It hasn't been too bad for me.
So glad u are doing OK with it, and I pray you continue with that and get past it.
It's really spreading like crazy in our community. My wife is back to working remote at home and have been several cases at my place of work. It seems to affect people so differently. A little, thin women that weights prob 95 lbs and close to 60 yrs old had it and is back to work. She said about all she had was fatigue.
Have a good friend there, about 47 and a 6'1"" and in really good shape, was actually off for 22 days. Said it was the worst thing he has ever had. Had 3 ER trips due to extremely high fever, said he couldn't breathe very well, was exhausted and lost several pounds. Crazy the difference in the 2.
So again I hope you don't have a rough time and get past it well.
Thanks! I am on day 8. Never had a fever. Just aches and congestion mostly. Today the congestion is all but gone so I hope it's downhill from here. I've been lucky! Glad to hear your family and friend are doing well and made a full recovery! :beerchug:
mael·strom

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Sorry to hear. I had it a couple of weeks ago, and it's no fun if you have symptoms.

Prayers up for you.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:37 pm
Sorry to hear. I had it a couple of weeks ago, and it's no fun if you have symptoms.

Prayers up for you.
Thanks brother! I always appreciate prayers! Glad you are doing well always love reading your posts :beerock:
mael·strom

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:41 am Its okay, we have one of the deepest WR corps in the NFL. So deep we didn't need to draft another WR after Jefferson until we took a WR who was more of special teams guy than a WR.
:point: They definitely need to find a better slot guy this off-season who can return punts.
mael·strom