Minnesota at Detroit

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Minnesota at Detroit

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kendricks ruled out. That's huge. Who is his backup?
Indoor game, one we should win in the road. This game will tell us a lot about where we are at and possible where we will go. I hate the road division games. We never really do well in them.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Minnesota at Detroit

Post by 720pete »

Kentrell Brothers.
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:34 pm Kendricks ruled out. That's huge. Who is his backup?
Indoor game, one we should win in the road. This game will tell us a lot about where we are at and possible where we will go. I hate the road division games. We never really do well in them.
Agree. Has all the dressings of a “trap” game. Looking past what should be a sure win to the bear game. Lions are dangerous because they are loose and have nothing at stake. Guys now auditioning for a spot on next years roster. If we’ve learned one thing it’s that any team can beat anyone on any given day.
We really need this one.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

Must win. Is that too obvious? I just hope the Lions really are just playing out the string and trying to get their coach fired.
Purplepain2018
Backup

Post by Purplepain2018 »

Since Kendricks is out...he will probably be replaced by Eric Wilson. I do agree however that this a classic "trap" game for the Vikings. Just remember week 3 against the Bills this year. I hope Zimmer shows this team highlights from the Bills game all week where the Vikings were favored by 17 points and got spanked by the Bills. I do not see the Vikings playing that bad again....but this is a road game where if you let the Lions hang around and get the crowd into it....could be trouble....

The Vikings best bet for a win is to just pound the rock with Dalvin and use play action passes...and the let the defense "EAT"....and don't let it come down to a FG at the end and Bailey misses another field goal. DO NOT LET THIS COME DOWN TO A FIEDL GOAL GAME!!!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Trap game? It's not like the Vikings are that much better than the Lions (record wise). Only have two more wins than them. They've also beaten the Patriots and Panthers. 3 of their 7 losses were by 3 points or less. This is going to be a tough game. It's in DET, divisional game, new OC, struggling QB (3 weeks in a row of 50 or less QBR) . Let's hope the running game and defense shows up for this one.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Keys to victory:

1) Run the ball without turning it over
2) Pound Matthew Stafford into the turf
3) Red Zone efficiency... don't settle for FG's
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

1. Beat the crap outta Stafford like last game.

2. Beat the living crap outta Stafford like last game.

3. Beat the everlasting crap outta Stafford like last game

4. Score points.
Pretty simple game plan to me :thumbsup:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Reporting Treadwell a healthy scratch today...Sounds like Beebe or Robison today.
We might have seen the end of the Treadwell era with us.

Arif Hasan
@ArifHasanNFL
2m
The Vikings active receiving corps: three undrafted free agents, a fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick. It might be the best in the league.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:27 am Reporting Treadwell a healthy scratch today...Sounds like Beebe or Robison today.

Arif Hasan
@ArifHasanNFL
2m
The Vikings active receiving corps: three undrafted free agents, a fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick. It might be the best in the league.
I'm excited for Beebe. He can at least get separation on occasion. I'm very disappointed with Treadwell after how well he played at Mississippi. He also seemed like a good dude with a really good work ethic. Baffling.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Tavern_Wino
Practice Squad

Post by Tavern_Wino »

Just take care of business, Vikes. This game should show us how bad they want it.

Also, can someone break it down for me on my confusion on Vikings and Philedepha tie breaker. If the Vikings beat them head to head, how does a Vikings loss jump Philly over them? Is it overall record? Everything I've seen have the Vikings losing and Philly winning get them into the playoffs.
Boomer Sooner
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Tavern_Wino wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:44 am Just take care of business, Vikes. This game should show us how bad they want it.

Also, can someone break it down for me on my confusion on Vikings and Philedepha tie breaker. If the Vikings beat them head to head, how does a Vikings loss jump Philly over them? Is it overall record? Everything I've seen have the Vikings losing and Philly winning get them into the playoffs.
I assume there would be a three way tie with Washington. Head to head is thrown out on three way ties.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Hang on, so I’m confused. If we win are we in? Or does Philly have to lose in order for us to be in this week. Because they just said pre game that if we win we are in
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:27 am Reporting Treadwell a healthy scratch today...Sounds like Beebe or Robison today.

Arif Hasan
@ArifHasanNFL
2m
And although it hasn't worked at OL, this approach has brought a lot of good WRs and DLs to the Vikings roster. I don't mind having 10 picks and working hard to get rookie FAs, but we need to invest in/develop better interior OL players.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

The problem is that if we cut him we barely save any money on the cap. Most of his contract is still guaranteed next year. The best scenario would be to find a team that is willing to take over his contract (doubtful).