Do we overrate Teddy Bridgewaters Offensive Weapons?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

TeddyBaller
Starter

Do we overrate Teddy Bridgewaters Offensive Weapons?

Post by TeddyBaller »

kyle rudpolf, matt asiasta, charles johnson, jarius wright, mike wallace... etc( DEFENSES CAN EASILY TAKE THESE GUYS AWAY)

stefon diggs is the only constant, and hes sometimes on the sidelines...

everytime teddy drops back he has to worry about this trash offensive line compared derek carr's which is ranked 2nd in the nfl.... and then he has to wait for someone to get open...
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Do we overrate Teddy Bridgewaters Offensive Weapons?

Post by DK Sweets »

PH

RudolPH ends with a #### PH

DID HALF OF YOU SKIP CHRISTMAS?

The F bothers me :lol:
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

DK Sweets wrote:PH

RudolPH ends with a #### PH

DID HALF OF YOU SKIP CHRISTMAS?

The F bothers me :lol:

who cares what rudolph ends with... the dude is a bum.. he is slow as heck too

btw Cam Newton is best the qb in the NFC
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

As much as it pains me to say so, I think Rudolfp is the most overrated/not-playing-up-to-expectation player on this team right now and it really hurts the offense, IMO.

I just don't think he can get the seperation they need him to get. He's slow.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Breeze wrote:As much as it pains me to say so, I think Rudolfp is the most overrated/not-playing-up-to-expectation player on this team right now and it really hurts the offense, IMO.

I do too, that's why I was disappointed we got rid of Ford.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The Breeze wrote:As much as it pains me to say so, I think Rudolfp is the most overrated/not-playing-up-to-expectation player on this team right now and it really hurts the offense, IMO.

I'm guessing thats why they grabbed Pruitt. I have a feeling Kyle is gone soon. He is invisible. I think he had as many drops as receptions today.

Wallace is BB. I knew it when we got him. The Vikes love to overpay for crap FA WR's. Wallace cant get open. The one thing I cant figure out is how CJ has gone from the #1 to the #3 WR (and Wright may be as good as CJ). Diggs is awesome. Something happens to him, and our offense will conssit of handing the ball off to AD.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Wallace is BB. I knew it when we got him. The Vikes love to overpay for crap FA WR's. Wallace cant get open. .
Wallace can't get open? He's gotten open multiple times and Teddy can't complete the pass. He may not be the best WR around, but he's gotten over 800 yards every year since after his rookie year. He also had 10 TD's last year. He didn't suddenly get slow. You could see his speed today on the one short pass he got. He's had some drops, but he's beaten his guy numerous times where Teddy couldn't make the throw.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I think Wallace is fine(minus the drops). He and TB do not seem to be in synch, which is not surprising being that Wallce's forte is a deep route while TB struggles some with the deep ball. Add in the shoddy pass protection of a decimated line and the result is what it is. (incidentally, anyone banking on a full recovery from Loadholt and /or Sully is wishful thinking IMO)
-
Regardless of the HOFers in Turner's offenses past, each one showcased an elite field stretching tight end...even in Cleveland. We don't have that element, and since the line is not that good in pass protection, the longer routes that the WRs run in this system are often compromised and our TE is an easy cover.
Another thing missing in this version of Turner's system is the elite pass catching back.
Teddy has work to do...some f the weapons could be better, but for my money the bigest hitch in all of it is Turner's seeming inability to adjust his system to fit what he actually has talentwise.
He's basicaly the antithesis of Zimmer in the adjustment department.
Opinion and such~
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Why is it a rookie can get open, but Wallace cant? You want to blame Teddy, but he and Diggs do fine. Thats because Diggs knows how to run routes AND catch the dam ball when its thrown to him. He doesnt just rely on his speed. Wallace is just Bernard Berian all over again. He might not even be as good as BB. Teddy has no Oline, 1 good Receiver (how can Kyle even count in this convo?). And a bad Oline with a REALLY bad Tackle in Clemmins. Teddy will learn quicker, if he gets protection. He is not throwing into coverage. He doesnt need to with the way our D is playing. And I know Teddy had his share of problems, but Wallace is not doing him any favors.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Crax wrote:Wallace can't get open? He's gotten open multiple times and Teddy can't complete the pass. He may not be the best WR around, but he's gotten over 800 yards every year since after his rookie year. He also had 10 TD's last year. He didn't suddenly get slow. You could see his speed today on the one short pass he got. He's had some drops, but he's beaten his guy numerous times where Teddy couldn't make the throw.
You're exactly right. Wallace has been getting open on the deep routes. The main problems with Bridgewater to Wallace hooking up has been porous pass blocking and Teddy overthrowing Wallace. It's right there on film, especially with the coaches tape.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

losperros wrote: You're exactly right. Wallace has been getting open on the deep routes. The main problems with Bridgewater to Wallace hooking up has been porous pass blocking and Teddy overthrowing Wallace. It's right there on film, especially with the coaches tape.
I am not worried about Wallace. He and Teddy will get on the same page eventually, I think.
If the OLine continues to improve, it could be sooner rather than later, too.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

this all sounds like alot of excuses for a QB that consistently overthrows all his recievers every time he gets a chance to throw vertical. Actually, most of the time he just holds the ball and never throws downfield. BUT, when he does he passes to someone on the sidelines. Its not a receiver problem......Teddy is fading.
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

chicagopurple wrote:this all sounds like alot of excuses for a QB that consistently overthrows all his recievers every time he gets a chance to throw vertical. Actually, most of the time he just holds the ball and never throws downfield. BUT, when he does he passes to someone on the sidelines. Its not a receiver problem......Teddy is fading.

defenses can easily can blanket our recievers, not one of our recievers requires a double team...
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

While Wallace has dropped some passes this year the number of over throws to him clearly outnumbers the drops. I think it's more a QB issue than WR issues.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

offenses take time guys .. Teddy is really having his rookie season.. Last year he didn't have the off season as a starter

Turner has been coaching for decades and is not trying to give him too much. Trust me, Teddy will be fine, we have
a career winning QB now...I know its hard, and we want him to have 400 yards games like Brady and company.
Last edited by jackal on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!