Draft Day thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Draft Day thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Angels Wings wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:44 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:39 pm Malik Willis finally picked at 3-22 by Tennessee I think.
That's correct. Wonder why a guy that was a projected first round pick(even as high as 2) drops to the 3rd round?
There's always some mystery slides every draft. This years is Willis and Dean.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:45 pm
Angels Wings wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:44 pm

That's correct. Wonder why a guy that was a projected first round pick(even as high as 2) drops to the 3rd round?
There's always some mystery slides every draft. This years is Willis and Dean.
Another example of mocks being jokes. A great tool especially for average fans to get an idea of talent, But it seems many look at these mocks showing what players are going to minn in every around is silly.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:07 pm Listening to KOC and Kweesi talk on KFAN does not inspire confidence. We may be on our way to Jets/Lions/Jags territory before long.
Spielman 2.0, with a spreadsheet.
Speak a lot, say nothing.
At least Kweesi has some numbers somewhere to justify whatever he does. Whether it works out or not.
Don't get me started on KOC. (Childress 2.0)
Last edited by Demi on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

Basically they just drafted Surratt's and Davis' replacements tonight. Last years draft after round 1 could be as bad as a draft as Minnesota ever had.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:06 pm
fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:07 pm Listening to KOC and Kweesi talk on KFAN does not inspire confidence. We may be on our way to Jets/Lions/Jags territory before long.
Spielman 2.0, with a spreadsheet.
Speak a lot, say nothing.
At least Kweesi has some numbers somewhere to justify whatever he does. Whether it works out or not.
Don't get me started on KOC. (Childress 2.0)
Boy I missed your negativity :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I don’t like the value we got in these trades at all but I do really love adding Cine and Booth to the back end.

Booth was my #3 corner behind sauce and stingley and him and stingley were close for me. That was an excellent trade up. There’s a good chance he could develop into the best corner in this draft.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:11 pm I don’t like the value we got in these trades at all but I do really love adding Cine and Booth to the back end.

Booth was my #3 corner behind sauce and stingley and him and stingley were close for me. That was an excellent trade up. There’s a good chance he could develop into the best corner in this draft.
I like the way you think. :govikes:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:18 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:11 pm I don’t like the value we got in these trades at all but I do really love adding Cine and Booth to the back end.

I like the way you think. :govikes:
Haha I said more than once that if we traded down and it was between Mcduffie and Booth, I’d take Booth. Mcduffie goes at 21, we get booth at 42. Excellent value
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Watching film of Christian Watson the WR the Packers drafted with the pick they got from us. He 100% reminds me of Moritz Bow Finger. Check him out and tell me if you don't see the similarities.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Vikings came one pick early for Cine and 2 picks late for Asamoah of having 4 2nd round picks.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:07 pm LSU guard Ed Ingram.
My initial reaction is I don't like this pick. Too small and too limited for an NFL starting guard.
Mel Loves him.
This pick probably ends Wyatt Davis career with us at least on the active roster. You can only carry so many Gs and I assume the FA signings are locks and so is this draft pick.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:04 am Vikings came one pick early for Cine and 2 picks late for Asamoah of having 4 2nd round picks.
For what it's worth, the Vikings might have had the most luck between 2013-2018 in the second around. There were four 2nd round picks during that time:

Brian O'Neill
Dalvin Cook
Mackenzie Alexander
Eric Kendricks
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I'm ok with the players they drafted but I think they should have been able to get a lot more from moving around as much as they did.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:21 am Watching film of Christian Watson the WR the Packers drafted with the pick they got from us. He 100% reminds me of Moritz Bow Finger. Check him out and tell me if you don't see the similarities.
That is great! That means Watson is going to be a bust
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think there is room for Davis and Engram. Jesse Davis, Ezra Cleveland, Engram, Wyatt Davis. That's 4 guards I think they will keep on the roster. Schlott from Denver will be the back up center. Udoh will be the swing tackle if he makes the team.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.