Draft Day thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

40for60
Starter

Re: Draft Day thread

Post by 40for60 »

psjordan wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:34 pm Speed with an attitude seems to be the theme!
Yup! At least there seems to be some kind of plan.

I can’t keep track anymore. Do they have another pick in the third round?
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Asamoah I really like. I think he's better than at OU. Our coaching staff did him, and the entire defensive side of the ball, no favors imo. He, Bonnito, and Winfrey are all NFL players.

I am surprised though that he went before Dean. Does everyone just think it was that amazing Dline that did everything for him? I know they're good players. Dean is gonna have a massive chip on his shoulder that is tough to replicate.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

40for60 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:37 pm
psjordan wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:34 pm Speed with an attitude seems to be the theme!
Yup! At least there seems to be some kind of plan.

I can’t keep track anymore. Do they have another pick in the third round?
Not unless we move back in. 17th pick in 4th round (#122) is currently next pick we have.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

makila wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:40 pm Asamoah I really like. I think he's better than at OU. Our coaching staff did him, and the entire defensive side of the ball, no favors imo. He, Bonnito, and Winfrey are all NFL players.

I am surprised though that he went before Dean. Does everyone just think it was that amazing Dline that did everything for him? I know they're good players. Dean is gonna have a massive chip on his shoulder that is tough to replicate.
They just said something on NFL Network that Dean has an injury but didn’t want surgery and that has teams concerned.
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

Another Viking!
Brian Asamoah:

Offtopic, but does anyone know why I only see some Avatars, mine is also missing but is set in my control panel...
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

40for60 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:43 pm
makila wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:40 pm Asamoah I really like. I think he's better than at OU. Our coaching staff did him, and the entire defensive side of the ball, no favors imo. He, Bonnito, and Winfrey are all NFL players.

They just said something on NFL Network that Dean has an injury but didn’t want surgery and that has teams concerned.
Thanks for that. It kind of explains it.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Guess our new GM found Slick Rick's "how to trade down and acquire more picks" notepad when he showed up.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I'm going to watch the Wolves now and check back when that game is over.
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

About our presenters, I liked the Ed Marinaro speech before the pick although it was long he took a jab at the pack and he went to Cornell in Ithaca.

I caught the draft pick announcer from Minnesota, wrestler Gable Steveson, we have a thread about him here and it probably needs to be updated, he won another ncaa championship!
viewtopic.php?t=38229

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JonPurpleHaze wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:13 pm About our presenters, I liked the Ed Marinaro speech before the pick although it was long he took a jab at the pack and he went to Cornell in Ithaca.

I caught the draft pick announcer from Minnesota, wrestler Gable Steveson, we have a thread about him here and it probably needs to be updated, he won another ncaa championship!
viewtopic.php?t=38229

I have such appreciation for real wrestlers. It takes so much skill and conditioning. Steveson is one of the best athletes on the planet.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Nakobe Dean finally drafted at pick 19 in the third.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Wolves up 52-49 at the half. In case any of you want to check it out.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Dean is gone to Eagles, Eagles got a steal
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Malik Willis finally picked at 3-22 by Tennessee I think.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:39 pm Malik Willis finally picked at 3-22 by Tennessee I think.
That's correct. Wonder why a guy that was a projected first round pick(even as high as 2) drops to the 3rd round?
For those with wings, fly to your dreams