Coaching search 2022 - Confirmed Interviews and Speculation

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Coaching search 2022 - Confirmed Interviews and Speculation

Post by Texas Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:40 am
Texas Vike wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:27 am Looks like Nathaniel Hackett is being hired as HC of the Broncos.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status ... de%3Dfalse

Will Rodgers follow him there?
On one hand … bummer. Hackett was my first choice.

On the other hand … if it gets Rodgers out of the division, good for us.
That was my exact interpretation, Kapp. I think there's a good chance Rodgers goes with him and that would be a huge win for us, obviously.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Rodgers and Adams to Den would be swell. *fingers crossed*
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:40 am
Texas Vike wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:27 am Looks like Nathaniel Hackett is being hired as HC of the Broncos.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status ... de%3Dfalse

Will Rodgers follow him there?
On one hand … bummer. Hackett was my first choice.

On the other hand … if it gets Rodgers out of the division, good for us.

Not really, we said that when Favre got out of the division only for Rodgers to come in to kill Vikings and win a Superbowl so it could happen again
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Per Ian Rapoport — Dan Quinn is staying with the Cowboys.

Whew!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Bears have hired Colts defensive coordinator to be their head coach, I have never heard of him and do not understand this hire since I thought they would hire a offensive coach to work on Fields but looking at the Bears message board, most of them are not very happy with the hire and I do not blame them
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:04 am Per Ian Rapoport — Dan Quinn is staying with the Cowboys.

Whew!
I thought Zimmer might have a small chance of coming back to Dallas but I guess not, Zimmer is better off retiring
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Vikings to interview Patrick Graham of the Giants for HC tomorrow via zoom meeting:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethe ... head-coach
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

40for60 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:02 pm Vikings to interview Patrick Graham of the Giants for HC tomorrow via zoom meeting:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethe ... head-coach
And the Giants just hired Daboll.

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-hiring- ... head-coach
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I was wondering if Dabol was in the race, and hes gone. The Vikings really take their time finding personal replacements. I dont like any of the '3' coaches left, but I think O'Connel would be the best of the 3. Have the Wilfs forgotten what has happened with the last 2 DC's, turned OC's, did to the Vikings? They could have still done right by getting Dabol, but too late. I have faith the Vikings will get it all right soon, and win a SB, I just want to be alive when that happens. :govikes:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Harbough is being interviewed by the Vikings. Surprisingly, it is looking like a realistic possibility.

Adam Caplan
@caplannfl
+The two have mutual friends in #NFL personnel circles who could join them if he winds up taking the job. This is a very interesting situation.
Quote Tweet
ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk
· 1h
New Vikings G.M. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah spent a year with Jim Harbaugh in San Francisco. And that apparently went well enough to get Harbaugh a Minnesota interview. https://wp.me/pbBqYq-cbYV
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:15 pm Harbough is being interviewed by the Vikings. Surprisingly, it is looking like a realistic possibility.

Adam Caplan
@caplannfl
+The two have mutual friends in #NFL personnel circles who could join them if he winds up taking the job. This is a very interesting situation.
Quote Tweet
ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk
· 1h
New Vikings G.M. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah spent a year with Jim Harbaugh in San Francisco. And that apparently went well enough to get Harbaugh a Minnesota interview. https://wp.me/pbBqYq-cbYV
Wow! :shock: It just doesn’t seem like a hire the Wilfs or KAM would make. He doesn’t seem to be a very collaborative kind of guy. But I may be wrong. Interesting.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I hope Vikings do not hire Harbaugh, he is a jerk and 2nd stints usually do not work out well like Gruden
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Holy sh*t.

On one hand, Harbaugh comes off as a jerk, and he never seems to stay anywhere for very long.

On the other hand, the guy wins. And he’s had some pretty notable successes with quarterbacks.

What’s weird to me is that Kwesi talks about a culture of total collaboration. Does Harbaugh seems like Mr. Collaboration?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:47 pm Holy sh*t.

On one hand, Harbaugh comes off as a jerk, and he never seems to stay anywhere for very long.

On the other hand, the guy wins. And he’s had some pretty notable successes with quarterbacks.

What’s weird to me is that Kwesi talks about a culture of total collaboration. Does Harbaugh seems like Mr. Collaboration?
Kapp, I’m from Michigan and follow all their games for many years. He is a jerk. In meaningful games, he chokes. He’s got a winning record because the Big Ten is weak. When they get to a bowl game they get crushed. His interviews are awful. His development of quarterbacks has been very spotty. He’s not a leader. Talk about a non communicator, he embodies it. We’ve seen enough of him. Trust me, we don’t want him. Michigan fans want him gone in spite of a good run this year. You think Zimmer was bad, this guy is worse. Michigan’s play calling resembled the Vikings, very predictable. RUN!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

If we go by track record Harbaugh is an easy choice. If we go by people liking him stay far away. I don't think people liked Belichick much, but he sure has been successful. I won't be excited or bummed out if he is the hire.