Vikings/Saints Post-Game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings/Saints Post-Game

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Regarding Diggs and Rhodes I'll admit during the game after the Taysom pass I said Rhodes needs to be gone next year. However, I like the passion it's much better than apathy.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:58 pm Regarding Diggs and Rhodes I'll admit during the game after the Taysom pass I said Rhodes needs to be gone next year. However, I like the passion it's much better than apathy.
Do we know the reason for Diggs helmet throw?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
4mnvikings82
Practice Squad

Post by 4mnvikings82 »

Media is already saying it should have been offencive interference. Just can't give us any props for a good win
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Tony Dungy just expressed his opinion that Rudy's TD should have been flagged, so I guess that's the narrative we have to hear going forward.

Honestly, I thought for sure it would get called on replay, given our history.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

If Michael Thomas had done it you wouldn't hear a peep. I don't even think it was a PI. Thomas pushes off all the time btw. He definitely isn't getting open with his 4.56 40 speed.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:24 pm Tony Dungy just expressed his opinion that Rudy's TD should have been flagged, so I guess that's the narrative we have to hear going forward.

It is funny because the Saints fans aren't even complaining about it.

I am shocked the NFL had the good sense to not review that play. Should have been called on the field, but since it wasn't, taking away that TD would have been the worst thing the NFL could have done.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Harrison and Dungy looked and sounded disgusted like it was as bad as the Rams-Saints game last year. Can't believe it. Harrison is usually anti-Vikings and Cousins (the throw to Thielen was all him and no credit to Kirk) but Dungy is usually pro-Vikings. Why is there always something where the Vikings can't get credit for an awesome game? They slowed the replay way down - see how the defensive back's head goes back? Well, he was looking up at the ball morons... C :govikes: :govikes: ould it have been called? Maybe but that would have been very weak. Recalled? No.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:14 pm Kirk Cousins in overtime: 4-for-5, 63 yards, TD, 3 first down completions.

You like that?
I sure do. The first OT scoring drive of his career and it came in the biggest OT of his career.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:24 pm Tony Dungy just expressed his opinion that Rudy's TD should have been flagged, so I guess that's the narrative we have to hear going forward.

So did Florio and Harrison. Funny how they forgot all the non calls early in the game that went for NO. No Illegal procedure that would have negated the Theilen fumble, all the holding calls they got away with and the BS holding call on us.
Oh well who cares. We advance, the Saints will soak in their hot and cold tubs and overflow them with their own tears, Sean Peyton will cry at the podium, then go back in the training room amd down a handful of stolen Vicodins amd prepare his speech at the league rules meeting to change yet another rule.
BOO HOO YOU CHEATING FAT HEADED CHEATING CRY BABY.
sorry, I just am not particularly fond of him in case you didn't notice.
One more thing Hey Sean.... YOU LIKE THAT????
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

4mnvikings82 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:23 pm Media is already saying it should have been offencive interference. Just can't give us any props for a good win
Because ALL of them look like morons cuz they all said we had no chance to win. So they are looking for an out. Period
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:55 pm Just now on NFL Network.

The last three teams to lose a fumble on the opening drive of a playoff game have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

What? That's crazy!
Time to drag some lawn chairs to Hennepin Avenue.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

40for60 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:35 pm Harrison and Dungy looked and sounded disgusted like it was as bad as the Rams-Saints game last year. Can't believe it. Harrison is usually anti-Vikings and Cousins (the throw to Thielen was all him and no credit to Kirk) but Dungy is usually pro-Vikings. Why is there always something where the Vikings can't get credit for an awesome game? They slowed the replay way down - see how the defensive back's head goes back? Well, he was looking up at the ball morons... C :govikes: :govikes: ould it have been called? Maybe but that would have been very weak. Recalled? No.
I went back and watched the replay of the TD catch and Rudolph defiantly pushed off. And I love the fact that it wasn't called! What poetic justice. We've been able to absolutely cut their hearts out of them now the past two playoff games we've had with them. To do it again today, on their field, is just priceless! Now, onto SF and I'll bet any amount you can count, we won't get caught flat like we did against Philly. SKOL VIKINGS!!!
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

40for60 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:35 pm Harrison and Dungy looked and sounded disgusted like it was as bad as the Rams-Saints game last year. Can't believe it. Harrison is usually anti-Vikings and Cousins (the throw to Thielen was all him and no credit to Kirk) but Dungy is usually pro-Vikings. Why is there always something where the Vikings can't get credit for an awesome game? They slowed the replay way down - see how the defensive back's head goes back? Well, he was looking up at the ball morons... C :govikes: :govikes: ould it have been called? Maybe but that would have been very weak. Recalled? No.
They probably sound disgusted because they all look like idiots for saying the saints will win by 100. I’ve been following the game all week like most of us have. I have not seen one single person predict the Vikings to win (other than on here)

I said all week I had a weird feeling about this game and that we play so much better when we’re viewed as underdogs. I called 27-24 Vikings but 26-20 sounds way better.

Maybe this will finally put the Kirk cousins and big game narrative to an end. Because that was by FAR the biggest game of his career and he couldn’t have played better on that final OT drive
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:32 pm

It is funny because the Saints fans aren't even complaining about it.

I am shocked the NFL had the good sense to not review that play. Should have been called on the field, but since it wasn't, taking away that TD would have been the worst thing the NFL could have done.
Agreed. Maybe it’s payback for bountygate.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Most of their fans recognize that we simply outplayed them. I was very surprised to hear it from Dungy.