Cowboys Pregame

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Cowboys Pregame

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Didn't realize they have not won in Dallas since 2000. Might need to sign Moss to a 1-game contract.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Ugh, Linval sat out practice with a knee injury, and was seen limping. That injury could be a huge problem for the Vikings. :(

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/11/7 ... ury-report
Damian
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I noticed a lot of talk that we only have one "good" receiver. Is everyone forgetting about Josh Doctson? I know its not official but there is a chance he will be able to play this week. Also, Bisi has seemed pretty solid and Irv seems to be picking up steam. I am hoping that the difference in this game isn't that Thielen is out.

It looks like Amari Cooper will be active, not sure how effective he will be. Hopefully not very.

I am always hopeful for a Vikings win, but i am hardly even cautiously optimistic this week after the KC game.
Formerly AADPFan
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Grashopa wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:08 pm I noticed a lot of talk that we only have one "good" receiver. Is everyone forgetting about Josh Doctson? I know its not official but there is a chance he will be able to play this week. Also, Bisi has seemed pretty solid and Irv seems to be picking up steam. I am hoping that the difference in this game isn't that Thielen is out.

It looks like Amari Cooper will be active, not sure how effective he will be. Hopefully not very.

I am always hopeful for a Vikings win, but i am hardly even cautiously optimistic this week after the KC game.
Doctson might help us, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do much for us, especially right away. For our WR3, I personally think he's a better option for us then who we currently have going, since he's a deep threat. But he doesn't exactly have an amazing track record in the league. I don't think anyone should be relying on him to be the difference maker just yet. It would be a surprise at least to me.

I like Bisi, though I'm not sure why he was essentially invisible vs KC. Of course, so was Diggs. Just not a good day for our WRs. Irv is becoming a better threat each week it seems. Really encouraging.

Cooper being less effective would be a boost for us. I think Dak is way less effective without him. We'll see.

I'm still optimistic about a win, but Linval potentially being out makes me more nervous than Thielen being out. Although, I really wish we had Thielen back.
Damian
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Dames wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:47 pm I'm still optimistic about a win, but Linval potentially being out makes me more nervous than Thielen being out. Although, I really wish we had Thielen back.
Seems like if the Vikings are deep in one area this season, it's defensive line. Linval being out isn't great news, but I think they can compensate for that.

They seemed to miss Thielen bad last week. With Thielen out, Diggs had one catch for 4 yards as KC basically took him away.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

These guys need to start beating talented teams. They have a ton of talent on paper but yet when they play other teams that aren't dumpster fires everyone expects them to lose. Diggs needs to show he can be a number one without Thielen. Kirk needs to lead. The defense needs to play like a dominant defense. The coaches need to have an excellent game plan. Bailey needs to make his field goals and extra points. The Cowboys are beatable even with Joseph and Thielen out. The Jets beat them. Time for people to step up.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Joseph is officially listed as out Sunday. As well as Theilen and Sendejo.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:30 pm Joseph is officially listed as out Sunday. As well as Theilen and Sendejo.
Well, crap. Time for some other guys to step up.
Damian
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:30 pm Joseph is officially listed as out Sunday. As well as Theilen and Sendejo.
Joseph out = not good. Others have to step up to stop Zeke.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Grashopa wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:08 pm I noticed a lot of talk that we only have one "good" receiver. Is everyone forgetting about Josh Doctson? I know its not official but there is a chance he will be able to play this week. Also, Bisi has seemed pretty solid and Irv seems to be picking up steam. I am hoping that the difference in this game isn't that Thielen is out.

Losing AT is a big blow he's a good WR. If we run or attempt to run it won't hurt as much. But that's my thought. Who knows what this OC will do.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

CharVike wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:58 am

Losing AT is a big blow he's a good WR. If we run or attempt to run it won't hurt as much. But that's my thought. Who knows what this OC will do.
Forgot one other thing. Your right it don't look good for us. Now Joesph is out. Injuries will have an impact and Dallas isn't a joke. We are about as close as two teams can be. Strong running game, middle of the road QB and decent defenses. Nothing great. I think we're better overall but that Cowboy OL is far superior to ours. Really it's not even close. This might show the value of a great OL. If they blow us off the ball it will be painful to watch.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:06 pm
Dames wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:47 pm I'm still optimistic about a win, but Linval potentially being out makes me more nervous than Thielen being out. Although, I really wish we had Thielen back.
Seems like if the Vikings are deep in one area this season, it's defensive line. Linval being out isn't great news, but I think they can compensate for that.

They seemed to miss Thielen bad last week. With Thielen out, Diggs had one catch for 4 yards as KC basically took him away.
I don't think having Adam would have mattered. Cousins was making terrible decisions. Watch the all 22.
If Adam played, he wouldn't have been another receiver running routes for nothing.
All-22: https://www.skillout.org/vikings/

IMO, this is big game for Cousins. He needs to show that he can lead this team when the pressure is on. If he has to get angry, now is the time.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Go over to PFT and read the article "Cowboys plan to take the wheels off Vikings".
Cowboys players are basically saying that they are gonna stop Cook, thus making the Vikings one dimensional. They definitely don't give any respect to our passing game.
I hope the O line, Cook and especially Cousins and our receivers make them eat their words. I hope Dalvin just goes off and runs all over them tonight.
I know the players say they dont read the stuff being said by the other teams, as Cousins always says in his interviews. Trust me, I know from my talks with a former player that when the opposing team's players are trash talking and predicting what they are gonna do to certain groups of the team, i.e. the O line, RBs etc, it doesn't fall on deaf ears. So I hope that article has been discussed in the locker room and offense has been taken by our players, and it pisses them off and they step it up.
And let me say this, I am an Ohio boy, so I am a Buckeye. BUT.. even though he is a beast and a talent on the field, I am NOT an Elliot fan anymore. The guy has been a moron off the field. But I get so sick of seeing him get up after every run over 3 yards and do that stupid #### Feed Me spoon to the mouth thing. I absolutely get sick of seeing him do it.
So let's just say even with Joseph out, I hope our front seven steps up tonight and that idiot STARVES tonight.
Let's embarrass them in Jerry World.
SKOL!!!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Go over to PFT and read the article "Cowboys plan to take the wheels off Vikings".
Cowboys players are basically saying that they are gonna stop Cook, thus making the Vikings one dimensional. They definitely don't give any respect to our passing game.
I hope the O line, Cook and especially Cousins and our receivers make them eat their words. I hope Dalvin just goes off and runs all over them tonight.
I know the players say they dont read the stuff being said by the other teams, as Cousins always says in his interviews. Trust me, I know from my talks with a former player that when the opposing team's players are trash talking and predicting what they are gonna do to certain groups of the team, i.e. the O line, RBs etc, it doesn't fall on deaf ears. So I hope that article has been discussed in the locker room and offense has been taken by our players, and it pisses them off and they step it up.
And let me say this, I am an Ohio boy, so I am a Buckeye. BUT.. even though he is a beast and a talent on the field, I am NOT an Elliot fan anymore. The guy has been a moron off the field. But I get so sick of seeing him get up after every run over 3 yards and do that stupid #### Feed Me spoon to the mouth thing. I absolutely get sick of seeing him do it.
So let's just say even with Joseph out, I hope our front seven steps up tonight and that idiot STARVES tonight.
Let's embarrass them in Jerry World.
SKOL!!!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Sorry, my stupid phone did some update the other day and it's doing some funky stuff. Posted my post twice