Seahawks @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread - Wild Card Rd

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Seahawks @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread - Wild Car

Post by mosscarter »

tsonn we aren't the cowboys and i don't see aikman anywhere. we brought in a great wr on a 11 million dollar a year contract and he caught a grand total of 2 td's all year. i don't believe wallace even had a single 100 yd receiving game. do you honestly blame him? teddy can't take us to where we want to be and the sooner the brass realizes it the better. he is a horrible qb. period.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

VikingPaul73 wrote: I agree.....Is there any fan out there (for say 3 decades) that thought the vikings would win, even when Walsh was lining up the kick?

Even if he made it, the Seahawks still would have scored in the final 26 seconds.

They should have moved 2 years ago and changed their name. There is just too much negative aura around this team to ever WIN
I don't know... Sure seems that way but something tells me it's about to change starting next year.
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

TSonn wrote:Really want Washington to WHOMP the Pack now.
DITTO. I hope the skins absolutely STOMP the Pack today. That safety is a good start!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

TSonn wrote:Really want Washington to WHOMP the Pack now.
It would provide a little solace :lol:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

Husker Vike wrote:Been a fan since 1971, the playoff loses hurt more as the years go by.
I'm the opposite, as the years go by I've become numb to it. In my younger days the frustration would linger into the work week, now I'm pretty much over it within a few minutes. They lost, not me, no reason I need to feel bad about it.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingLord wrote:
I don't know... Sure seems that way but something tells me it's about to change starting next year.
I agree :v):
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

mosscarter wrote:tsonn we aren't the cowboys and i don't see aikman anywhere. we brought in a great wr on a 11 million dollar a year contract and he caught a grand total of 2 td's all year. i don't believe wallace even had a single 100 yd receiving game. do you honestly blame him? teddy can't take us to where we want to be and the sooner the brass realizes it the better. he is a horrible qb. period.
Give him another season with hopefully better protection and let's see what he can do. The guy has been a winner for a long time. He was a winner this year. I know what you're saying and I've been frustrated with him too, but I think he's going to be much better next year.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

mosscarter wrote:tsonn we aren't the cowboys and i don't see aikman anywhere. we brought in a great wr on a 11 million dollar a year contract and he caught a grand total of 2 td's all year. i don't believe wallace even had a single 100 yd receiving game. do you honestly blame him? teddy can't take us to where we want to be and the sooner the brass realizes it the better. he is a horrible qb. period.
I just gave you an example of a QB who did exactly what you asked and you come up with bizarre variables. You don't belong on a Vikings message board, you belong on a "I Hate Teddy Bridgewater" board.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingPaul73 wrote: I agree.....Is there any fan out there (for say 3 decades) that thought the vikings would win, even when Walsh was lining up the kick?

Even if he made it, the Seahawks still would have scored in the final 26 seconds.

They should have moved 2 years ago and changed their name. There is just too much negative aura around this team to ever WIN
Sorry Zimmer has made me a believer. :rock: :rock:
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

SP1966 wrote: I'm the opposite, as the years go by I've become numb to it. In my younger days the frustration would linger into the work week, now I'm pretty much over it within a few minutes. They lost, not me, no reason I need to feel bad about it.
Agreed
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

Husker Vike wrote:Been a fan since 1971, the playoff loses hurt more as the years go by.
I've been a fan about that long also. Even though it was a loss it was a fun game as it reminded me of watching them at the old Met stadium.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

w_huisman wrote:I agree, don't make excuses for Walsh. Fire him for all I care. But at that point in the game, with the most important kick of the season on the line and with Walsh as your kicker, you need to line him up on the right no matter what.
No, an NFL kicker needs to make that kick. Period. It's a chip shot and the hash marks are not that wide (not like college ball). It's an easy kick.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I feel the losses are easier over time, when he hit it I felt shock for a fraction of a second, then just numb. He could have hit it straight on, a bird swoops out of the sky and knocks it down and I would have been like "that's about right."

Life as a Vikings fan is nothing but a factory of sadness. See you guys next year.

(If you don't get the last reference, YouTube it)
glenecho
Veteran

Post by glenecho »

Gotta agree. We are the Chicago Cubs of Football and it's hard to imagine that the Vikings will ever win squat. What a terrible loss. Just garbage to go down that way. Please release Walsh he will only do this again. He's a choker. As a Viking fan you totally expect to lose like that...and sure enough they did.
Last edited by glenecho on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I plan on leading a #StartMcKinnon campaign this offseason. I would love to see what we do if we dedicate our offense to Teddy and McKinnon. At the very least we would be less predictable.