Vikings @ Cardinals Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 14

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings @ Cardinals Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 14

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Football38 wrote:Zimmer in the press conference, just said that the play was supposed to go out of bounds. This is on Bridgewater unfortunately.

Then they shouldn't even run a play. You don't dick around with taking time off the clock in that situation with our OL. This, I am afraid, is on Zimmer, if that is the case.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
sneaxsneax
Veteran

Post by sneaxsneax »

Football38 wrote:Zimmer in the press conference, just said that the play was supposed to go out of bounds. This is on Bridgewater unfortunately.
Unfortunately? You say that like it's bad news to you, you have in here with unkind things about him since 2mintues into the game.

The play going out of bounds doesn't account for zero blocking being done by our LT.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Hopefully everyone is healthy for Chicago with the longer rest. Team still controls its own destiny. All this does is make the win in Lambeau all the more sweeter :v):
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

Purple Reign wrote: If he is in the pocket, he can't just get it to the LOS, there is supposed to be a receiver in the area. But no, I don't think they throw the flag in that situation.
And if they throw the flag game over anyway.
Viking fan since '65
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

He was supposed to just throw it OB? Or he was supposed to complete a pass and then the WR gets OB? If it's the latter, that's a terrible plan. The replay showed our whole team blanketed on the outs to the sideline. If it's the former, just kick on 3rd down.
Football38
Rookie

Post by Football38 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Then they shouldn't even run a play. You don't dick around with taking time off the clock in that situation with our OL. This, I am afraid, is on Zimmer, if that is the case.
You have to be able to depend on your QB to throw it away if necessary. Even the analysts said it on the post game show. They had to run a play to get a little closer for a field goal. 48 yards is not a give me field goal. When the game was on the line, Teddy had another chance to shine and he was stripped, why make excuses for the play? He will learn from this mistake and move on. Great game by the Vikings.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Bottom line is, it was a bad play call. No reason to go down field there. It wasnt on Teddy. Did he hold it too long? Maybe but why send everyone downfield??? So we can get a 20 yard FG?? Stupid stupid play call.

On a good note, Waynes and Harris played awesome IMO. Waynes got confused on the one play but that is just a rookie mistake. He played well the rest of the game. Harris does a great job in the run game. I liked what I saw out of Ellis too.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

TSonn wrote: He was supposed to just throw it OB? Or he was supposed to complete a pass and then the WR gets OB? If it's the latter, that's a terrible plan. The replay showed our whole team blanketed on the outs to the sideline. If it's the former, just kick on 3rd down.
Zimmer said there were trying to get closer for an easier fg, so they were trying to complete a sideline pass, not just throw it out of bounds.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:I feel like Teddy played a great game tonight. Even though you're talking about one play, I feel like your comment places the loss primarily on Teddy's shoulders.
I didn't place the loss on his shoulders. I was just commenting on the most recent play in the game. You read more into it than I typed and I can't control that. I would hope you'd know by now that I don't place losses on one player. I've made it clear many times that in my view, they win and lose as a team.
I also feel like you've been increasingly pessimistic throughout the course of this season, especially towards Teddy. And if he ever deserved a pass, it was tonight.
I don't think he deserved a pass any more than the rest of the team...

... and I've been hard on him for good reason. Taking a sack on that play was a fine example but I'm not saying HE cost them the game. That's on the whole team. He did a lot of things well tonight, which is a point I fully intended to make before everybody jumped on me for commenting on that final play.
I'm very, very upset right now. More upset than I have any right to be over a football game, especially a regular season game. I respect you tremendously but I feel like I should refrain from discussing the game too much tonight to avoid emotions from spilling over.
That's fine. I'm upset too and I definitely respect you too. It's frustrating to see the team come so close and lose the game. However, I'm also frustrated at people hammering away at me for being critical of Bridgewater or the team. It's not like he's having a very good season and my supposed pessimism is more pragmatic than some think. I was concerned about shortcomings I saw when the team was winning against inferior opponents because I felt they'd hurt them as the season progressed and the schedule got tougher. Those fears have been realized and the Vikes have now lost 3 of 4. I wasn't just being critical for the sake of it. My concerns were real and I don't think they were, or are, unfounded.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:Hopefully everyone is healthy for Chicago with the longer rest. Team still controls its own destiny. All this does is make the win in Lambeau all the more sweeter :v):
I like that. :)
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Mothman wrote: I didn't place the loss on his shoulders. I was just commenting on the most recent play in the game. You read more into it than I typed and I can't control that. I would hope you;d know by now that I don't place losses on one player. I've made it clear many times that in my view, they win and lose as a team.
I don't think he deserved a pass any more than the rest of the team...

... and I've been hard on him for good reason. Taking a sack on that play was a fine example but I'm not saying HE cost them the game. That's on the whole team. He did a lot of things well tonight, which is a point I fully intended to before everybody jumped on me for commenting on that final play.
That's fine. I'm upset too and I definitely respect you too. It's frustrating to see the team come so close and lose the game. However, I'm also frustrated at people hammering away to me for being critical of Bridgewater or the team. It's not like he's having a very good season and my supposed pessimism is more pragmatic than some think. I was concerned about shortcomings I saw when the team was winning against inferior opponents because I felt they'd hurt them as the season progressed and the schedule got tougher. Those fears have been realized and the Vikes have now lost 3 of 4. I wasn't just being critical for the sake of it. My concerns were real and I don't think they were, or are, unfounded.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers, R E L A X relax. We lost to 3 playoff teams that are going to be contending for a SUPER BOWL, without our best defensive players, lets be happy this wasn't a blow out. Yes it sucks we lost but we hung in there fought hard against a great team. We will make the playoffs and if we are healthy will be a tough team to go up against.
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Kidfozzy wrote:Could be worse,

at least we're not Cleveland Browns fans.
It is worse in its own unique way. The Browns flat out suck every year and never have a good nucleus of players to be excited about.

The Vikings are always interesting enough to be excited about, and we are perpetually "one or two drafts or a couple good free agent acquisitions" away from the Superbowl, but it never actually happens. We are like the NFC factory of sadness.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Can we also put some blame on Munnerlynn for not even trying to push Brown out on their first TD?
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

TB 25/36 330 1TD 0 INT 1 fumble.
Palmer 25/35 310 2TD 0 INT.

2 other Vikings fumbles in field goal range.

TB decent game.
Viking fan since '65
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Happy with the effort, get guys healthy and see if we can win two of the last three at least.