OMG The Vikings WON THE GAME

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: OMG The Vikings WON THE GAME

Post by 720pete »

Broncos going to go 4-0 against the NFC North.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Hunter Morrow wrote: I was in the Army or shortly out of it and took a history class about the World Wars and I noticed almost every political leader did some sort of hand gesture/shout thing that was Skoltastic.

I asked somebody here for Benito Mussolini in Vikings clothes so they obliged and made it a little silly and through the Helga Hat on. I have had it for years and I kind of got to liking it.
got it, thanks!
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

The Vikes currently have the 8th best record in the league. We need to beat the Rams next week because the Pack can definitely lose to the Panthers.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

TSonn wrote:The Vikes currently have the 8th best record in the league. We need to beat the Rams next week because the Pack can definitely lose to the Panthers.
Carolina has a really good D, not as good as Denver, but they are pretty darn good.
The Rams OTOH, may be too much for us. Gurley is going to be looking forward to going against AD.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Carolina has a really good D, not as good as Denver, but they are pretty darn good.
The Rams OTOH, may be too much for us. Gurley is going to be looking forward to going against AD.
The Vikes have been pretty great against the run since that 9ers game. Folk doesn't scare me at all but their DLine definitely does. Gotta remember we CRUSHED them in St. Louis last year so we've got that in our favor! We are both better teams now so it should be a great game!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I am loving it .. at best my prediction was 12 wins which might still happen...

my low end prediction was eight games... I think we have a decent chance at 12 wins ...

I am kinda worried about the Raiders game .. they been playing good ball this year..

The nice thing is winning becomes a habit too. keeping on rolling Vikings and lets win

four more in a row! SKOL
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

This week is going to be a lot of fun. If we can get a solid win by stifling Gurley and the Rams, we are FIRMLY in the thick of things.

Right now, the Vikings control their own destiny. We're one game behind the Packers with two games to play against them. It's a good time to be a Vikings fan.

SKOL!
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

People.

People.

PEOPLE.

Since when do we get to be picky about how we win football games? Pretty sure we're not the Patriots or Packers.

But that isn't even really the point! Anyone trying to point to this game as a basis for "we just aren't any good" needs to remember that in the NFL, anybody can beat anbody on any.given.day.

NFL road wins are hard to come by, no matter who you are. Divisional road wins are even harder. And divisional road wins at a complete #### field like Soldier Field? Well, those are so hard to come by that we haven't come by one in the last 7 tries.

We just won on the road, something we never ever do. We just won at Soldier Field, something we never ever do. And y'all want to complain because we barely won and the Bears aren't that good? You thought we were going to win by two touchdowns? The Bears have talent on both sides. They are by no means a good team, but they are a frisky team that could beat anyone on the right day. (And Alshon Jeffery is unstoppable.)

EVERY single good team that has ever existed has had to win ugly against bad teams. You simply aren't going to beat every bad team you play by 21 points. This is the NFL and these guys are professionals with pride. You have to earn every single W. How many Vikings teams of the past would have lost that game? Last year's Vikings certainly would have.

The Packers hung on by the skin of their freaking teeth to beat the crappy Chargers, and that game was at Lambeau! Tonight, the Packers looked a lot worse at Denver than we did when we went there. New England very nearly blew a big lead at Buffalo in week 2 against Tyrod Taylor.

When you squeak out an ugly road win, RELIEF is the correct emotion, not worry or frustration. What if we turn around and ball out the rest of the year? It can't be ruled out, can it? There's talent on this team.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Skol Brothers....
I just finished reading a Bears forum thread and nearly fell down, it was so fu?!ing funny!
The link is Chicitysports.com.
Select forum
Select the the thread "1:49 left in the game..."
Outstanding display of humor.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Is it okay to put a link to another forum?

Funny stuff, and talk about fans fighting with each other!

Addendum: Apparently, Romo's return will fix all that ills.

...wisdom

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/show ... E-GAME-JAY
...spirits in the wind and the trees
glenecho
Veteran

Post by glenecho »

I'm ecstatic the Vikings won the game. There is much to like about this team. I really like Zimmer as a coach. The defense is truly good for the first time in I don't know how long. AP (as much as I don't support his off-the-field garbage) has come back as well as you can expect him to.

I just don't like what I see from Bridgewater in terms of actual pass accuracy and to a lesser degree pocket presence (doesn't seem to have that natural ability to take one quick step to the left or right to avoid trouble). I like plenty of other things such as his demeanor, intelligence, guts, and especially his unflappability. The guy never seems panicked or nervous. I just don't think he has that most crucial thing you need from a QB which is accuracy.

Is that ok? I mean that DOESN'T seem to be ok on this forum. I guess we can only talk about the things we like about the team and no negatives may be mentioned ever or else we are "bad fans" right? Is that what this board has turned into? Because I can't guarantee that I will every like 100% EVERYTHING about the Vikings despite the fact that they are my favorite NFL team. The ridiculous attacks anytime someone says anything negative about Bridgewater are pretty juvenile and unrealistic.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

glenecho wrote:I'm ecstatic the Vikings won the game. There is much to like about this team. I really like Zimmer as a coach. The defense is truly good for the first time in I don't know how long. AP (as much as I don't support his off-the-field garbage) has come back as well as you can expect him to.

I just don't like what I see from Bridgewater in terms of actual pass accuracy and to a lesser degree pocket presence (doesn't seem to have that natural ability to take one quick step to the left or right to avoid trouble). I like plenty of other things such as his demeanor, intelligence, guts, and especially his unflappability. The guy never seems panicked or nervous. I just don't think he has that most crucial thing you need from a QB which is accuracy.

Is that ok? I mean that DOESN'T seem to be ok on this forum. I guess we can only talk about the things we like about the team and no negatives may be mentioned ever or else we are "bad fans" right? Is that what this board has turned into? Because I can't guarantee that I will every like 100% EVERYTHING about the Vikings despite the fact that they are my favorite NFL team. The ridiculous attacks anytime someone says anything negative about Bridgewater are pretty juvenile and unrealistic.
You have every right to criticize Teddy and voice your opinion within the context of board rules.

I'll agree with you on accuracy at this point. Teddy started out the season pretty well in that department but it's gone downhill a bit. Of course, he's been victim of his share of drops and consistently bad pass protection isn't conducive to accuracy.

I'll disagree with the pocket presence criticism, though. He's run hot and cold when it comes to how he's handled pressure but for the most part he's been very good with it and poised beyond his years. And if you notice, there's not a lot of room to maneuver in there with a lot of pressure coming from up the middle. His handling of pressure vs. a mad Denver defense and in the fourth quarter yesterday were above average. Well above in my view. In that game he was 13 of 15 in the second half for 131 yards of that game and ended with a 92.4 passer rating and the offense had 325 yards total. Both of those marks were the best of the season for quarterbacks facing the high-pressure Broncos defense. He has a career passer rating of 93.8 in the final four minutes of games.

He's not elite yet by any means and his accuracy needs to improve but for the most part I've liked what I've seen from Teddy's pocket presence and poise. YMMV
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

glenecho wrote:I'm ecstatic the Vikings won the game. There is much to like about this team. I really like Zimmer as a coach. The defense is truly good for the first time in I don't know how long. AP (as much as I don't support his off-the-field garbage) has come back as well as you can expect him to.

Is that ok? I mean that DOESN'T seem to be ok on this forum. I guess we can only talk about the things we like about the team and no negatives may be mentioned ever or else we are "bad fans" right? Is that what this board has turned into?
NO, and it's not going turn into that. Look around you on this board. There are people arguing and debating about Bridgewater in multiple threads. Some fans express one view, some another, some are more tolerant of opposing views, others less so but you're as entitled to your opinion, and as entitled to express it here as the next person. It just has to be done within board rules.
Because I can't guarantee that I will every like 100% EVERYTHING about the Vikings despite the fact that they are my favorite NFL team. The ridiculous attacks anytime someone says anything negative about Bridgewater are pretty juvenile and unrealistic.
Sometimes they are and I would certainly appreciate it if everybody could discuss the subject reasonably, without feeling the need to condemn those who disagree with them. Maybe that's something everyone can keep in mind going forward: we can behave like friends and fans of the same team discussing football over a drink or like warring factions of fanatics out to condemn anyone who disagrees with our beliefs. What's going to be more fun for everyone involved? :)

As I hope everyone knows by now, "good fan/bad fan" posts are off limits and they don't have to literally use that language to violate the spirit of the rule. As the rules clearly state: Disagree and respond to the post, do not attack the poster. This is the rule people seem to forget the most and it usually leads to trouble.

Quite honestly, I almost locked this thread yesterday because I figured it would be problematic. One thing EVERYONE here needs to accept is that we are rarely all going to be on the same page or in the same place with regard to the Vikings. Some will be more positive or negative than others. Learn to tolerate it, folks.
Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

Post by Foghorn Leghorn »

Negativity is insane to me right now, the pack also struggled in soldier and squeaked out a victory.
Also, who looked better vs denver? Us or green Gay? We put up way more of a fight, the pack got downright boat raced. :banana: :pour:
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!
"When you're rich you don't write checks"- Randy Moss
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The heck with it... I'm just going to lock this thread. We don't need another discussion about positivity or negativity. Everybody;s entitled to their personal reaction to the team, the players and the games.