2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: 2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:Eventually, even long snappers retire. Still, I'd like to think that if QBs can last into the late 30s, he has more years left in him, too. 33 isn't THAT old, is it?

I bet I know what Jim and Kapp will say ;)
:lol: All I'll say is I wish I felt as good as I did at 33.
DKSweets wrote:this name hasn't come up much, but I would really like to consider Charles Tillman. He probably doesn't have many years left, which I am typically against, but he's tall and strong. Most importantly, he's a baller. The one thing that worries me is how well he would respond to Zimmer's defense compared to the Tampa 2.
I think he might love it.

I wouldn't be against bringing Tillman in at all. I think he has a few good years left in him and he's a high character player that might be sort of a "coach on the field", a mentor for some of the younger corners. The man knows how to force a fumble too!

Of course, you just want him because his nickname is "Peanut".
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Thank's for the Tevin Coleman link Percy. I knew he pretty much beat Mizzou by himself, but had not seen much else , he seems like a one cut and go runner who also has a second gear.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Husker Vike wrote:Thank's for the Tevin Coleman link Percy. I knew he pretty much beat Mizzou by himself, but had not seen much else , he seems like a one cut and go runner who also has a second gear.
No problem. I'm interested to see if we decide to pursue him, Gordon or Gurley
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Did anyone just watch Gordon shred Auburn by chance? :shock: Ran for 251 and 3TDs
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Did anyone just watch Gordon shred Auburn by chance? :shock: Ran for 251 and 3TDs
I saw some of it. Impressive performance...
MusicCityViking
Backup

Post by MusicCityViking »

Mothman wrote: I saw some of it. Impressive performance...
Gordon is an absolute beast. I wouldn't be too upset if we decided to draft him.

But again, it all depends on what happens with AP.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Flames starting to rise about Fitz. I know it's a crapshoot but he still has gas in the tank. That would be amazing to have him for even just 1 year while he's still youngish
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Mich St. CB Trae Waynes has declared for the draft. I believe Waynes is the best CB in the draft. He's great in press man coverage, is tall and is built very similar to Rhodes. Wouldn't be upset if we took him with our first pick
-Chazz Palminteri
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Boon wrote:Flames starting to rise about Fitz. I know it's a crapshoot but he still has gas in the tank. That would be amazing to have him for even just 1 year while he's still youngish
Why at the start of another rebuild would we want to sign a 2nd old player on the downside of his career. Who's clearly lost a step, and struggles to get open? Because he's one of us? No thanks!

Let's look to the future, not the past!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote: Why at the start of another rebuild would we want to sign a 2nd old player on the downside of his career. Who's clearly lost a step, and struggles to get open? Because he's one of us? No thanks!

Let's look to the future, not the past!
I wouldn't necessarily say he struggles to get open. Fitz is still a great route runner and has arguably the best hands in the NFL. It's just the QBs there have been God awful outside of Warner.
-Chazz Palminteri
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say he struggles to get open. Fitz is still a great route runner and has arguably the best hands in the NFL. It's just the QBs there have been God awful outside of Warner.
People said the same thing about Moss when he was with Oakland, then he turned into a stud again when the Pats traded for him. It's not like Fitz is super old or has a lengthy injury history either, and WRs can have productive careers into their mid-late 30s. It would be great for guys like Teddy, Cordarrell and Charles Johnson to have veteran leaders around like Fitz (and Jennings). Maybe bringing Fitz in would make something crazy like going after Josh Gordon a little less crazy. Imagine that WR group!

Who knows, maybe considering the contracts involved Arizona and Minnesota would make good trade partners. Peterson for Fitz? I imagine there would be some contract restructuring involved.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

We already have that guy though, his names greg jennings.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

How did you guys think of the DLine depth? I liked the guys that went out there, it seems like they all contributed. They seemed to slow down a little, but hopefully next year they can be as dominant as they were at the beginning of the year.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

mondry wrote:We already have that guy though, his names greg jennings.
We can put Jennings to the left, Fitzgerald to the right, and complain because the oline isn't blocking long enough for them...
31 going on 32 "isn't super old"? In football terms that isn't far from retirement. We already have one overpaid under producing receiver on the down slide, it'd be madness to get another!
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

The 2 areas the Vikings need to improve on are rushing defense and passing offense. The rush defense can be improved by better LB play and I still think we need to get a little more stout at the point of attack. The passing offense can be improved with better OL play and more consistency from the WR position. I think OL and LB should be the top priorities in the draft unless there's a BPA at S.