Peterson plea deal...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Peterson plea deal...

Post by Crax »

fiestavike wrote: I disagree, and at this point I think he should double down on his beliefs whether we agree with them or not. He's gone through a legal process, that's resolved, we don't need the NFL moralizing on their views of proper parenting. .
Sure, that's his only option really now. I don't disagree with the second part, but I still think he could have handled this better from a self PR point. He's given no reason to the people that were upset about it to be less upset. Even a half-assed apology would have calmed things down a bit I think. The NFL said as much in their statement. No use giving them more ammo.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Crax wrote:He beat his kid and pled guilty to it. Misdemeanor or not, it was wrong. He could have at least stood up there and given an apology about how he went a bit overboard(he did admit that when pleading guilty) and was only disciplining in the same manner as he was raised and that he'll do better in the future etc. Has nothing to do with taking a stand, but admitting he screwed up.
He did that already, but Roger indicated that he wants him to say significantly more than that. If Peterson caves now on his views in order to get back in Roger's good graces it would be highly humiliating and unmanly.

He made clear that he regretted his actions and injuring his son, but has not said that corporal punishment or the use of a switch is wrong, and until he does it seems Roger has no intention of letting him back in the league.

The legal process or the firing of Roger could change that.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I'm thinking Peterson may be all but gone anyways from the Vikings.
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 16m16 minutes ago

If #Vikings cut or trade Peterson in offseason, they'd carry a relatively negligible $2.4M cap hit in 2015. Cap savings $13M.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:I think those of us who find this outrageous need to make a little noise.

Here is a link to where you can send a comment to the NFL. I suggest keeping any comments free of curse words and vulgarity.
http://www.nfl.com/contact-us
I agree. Thanks for the link. I'll try to write them today.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Crax wrote:I'm thinking Peterson may be all but gone anyways from the Vikings.
Looks that way.

I still hope that the guys who have verbally stood up for him in the media (Felton, Ford, Munnerlyn) will express how outraged they are and I hope other players will have the courage to do the same. At this point this story isn't about football to me anymore. The NFL has lost me and my family. I just hope Peterson handles himself with class and dignity over the coming months. I think its too much to expect the same from the Vikings.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

I don't have any intention of watching another NFL snap the rest of the season. This whole thing was handled so poorly & this season has been such a drain on me as a fan, I can't stand to watch another minute. I hope Teddy & the rest of this young team/coaching staff progress & shows signs of hope for next season because there is little to root for as of right now for me.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

dead_poet wrote:
I guess I take a different view on the matter. Sure, they probably looked at the time he missed on paid leave and 'took that into account', but what does that really mean? Maybe it means that they considered it (taking it into account) but decided being on paid leave was not much, if any, type of discipline. But I'm just speculating here since it really doesn't make sense that they would think they could give out a 15 game penalty for pleading to a misdemeanor charge and get away with it.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I can't find the energy to care anymore about this.

Goodell is a white collar thug for the corporate bean counters, and Peterson is extremely ignorant in a lot of ways.

I agree with Laserman at this point....release him and build a better balanced team.
The NFL is a bad joke.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

#### the NFL and #### Roger Goodell. He will go down as the worst sports commissioner of all time.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Laserman wrote:the Vikings should just cut AD and wash their hands of this mess. He's a RB, he's old. You can't build your team on a franchise RB over 30 years old
That's exactly what I expect to happen. Peterson will not play again for the Vikings
Mike

TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Where did AD ever say he "wouldn't eliminate whooping'" his children like Goodell has stated in his suspension letter (and ESPN is reporting)? I feel like I've been following all the updates of this situation since it broke in September and I can't remember any comment even close to that.

In AD's official statement, the only thing that can remotely say that is when AD states "there are other alternative ways of disciplining a child that may be more appropriate". The "may" in that sentence could suggest something but in no way does it say that AD plans on continue to whoop his children.

Are they making up facts because AD didn't attend the non-CBA approved pre-hearing?
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

@Edwerderespn
Among factors #NFL cited in Adrian Peterson suspension: lack of remorse. Source noted that even Ray Rice and Michael Vick showed contrition.
@Edwerderespn
Depending on Shayem Dasz ruling source says it is "very possible" Adrian Peterson returns to field this weekend while appealing suspension
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

'Lack of remorse' could be very subjective.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

As much as we all hate this as Vikings fans, especially as it relates to salvaging anything out of this season, this is probably the best thing that could have happened for the Vikings.

If the team had any designs on letting him go after this fiasco, Goodell just made it easy. Nobody in their right mind would blame the Vikings for cutting ties.

As a huge AP fan since Day One, I hate that his Vikings career is likely ending this way. But it's probably time to face the music. Life after Adrian has begun, most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

It's going to be epic if the NFLPA wins the initial appeal, which they likely will, and Peterson is reinstated. What will the Vikings do?