Should we trade Adrian?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Should we trade Adrian?

Post by Orion »

This is getting more and more ugly however we still may be able to salvage something from this if we can trade him away. I never wanted his career with the Vikings to end like this, but #### happens.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Should we trade Adrian?

Post by Orion »

Sorry, I'm just so sad this is happening.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
ATL_Viking
Backup

Post by ATL_Viking »

Who'd trade for him? What would they offer? Unfortunately, I think the answers right now are "no one" and "nothing".

If there were trading partners out there, I think the question would be "what's the least we'd take in trade for him?"
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Send him to Jerry for Murray and a 1st.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

At this point being able to release him, and not having to pay the remainder of his contract is the best case scenario. No one is going to trade for him, or even sign him off waivers. Vikings are basically screwed unless Goodell suspends him indefinitely.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Demi wrote:Send him to Jerry for Murray and a 1st.
Hmmm...Ol' Jerruh might have done that before the kid-whipping but do you think he's crazy enough to go for it now? I'd pull the trigger on that one in a heartbeat. He's old and comes from the time when kids got the belt and worse so I doubt he cares about that. He's got his own sexual assault scandal to deal with, maybe he'd like to make a splash move to deflect the attention...? Spielman should just call him up and say, "Look Jerry, let's help each other out here. We both have some dirt right now, let's make this deal and get everyone talking about football again instead of all the side drama." It could work. Everyone is prepped for it anyway with that report from a few weeks back about Adrian talking to JJ in the offseason. Ship him out, I don't care anymore.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

this is a rhetorical question. get rid of him his best years are gone and i never forgave him for those fumbles in the 09 champ game. he has something like 3 or 4 illegitmate kids what a bum as far as a person. we all love him on game day, but this week is huge and he isn't even in the line up what a clown.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

purplemania: i might be wrong, but i don't think you get accused of a crime like this for no reason. regardless of what happened, why did he even put himself in this position to begin with? we have new england on the field sunday you have to be kidding me. peterson might be a great running back one of the best, but its clear he isn't a good person. you would have a freaking foundation too if you made his kind of money.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

ignorant? i have a phd i'm as far from ignorant as you can get. stop making irrational judgments about other people that you DON'T EVEN KNOW. you look like a total fool. stop defending someone just because they are an athlete and a god on the field. its clear off the field he is a mess, and that has been the rumor for a long time. and yes, i always type in lower case letters unless i'm in a formal setting.
Vikings28
Starter

Post by Vikings28 »

He's my favourite player and we all know he's great but lets be realistic, no team was going to give up something significant for a 30 year old RB who has a pretty big contract. Now with this legal trouble and most likely a lengthy suspension, I think we can rule out a trade all together.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Nobody would trade for him. His contract is way to large and he doesn't play a valuable enough position. There's no way they'd even be able to get a 2nd round pick for him.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purplemania wrote:Nowadays it seems like NO ONE wants to forgive anymore. Which is fine with me, but be careful for what you ask for- the next time you make a mistake you won't be given a second chance either. Let's let the legal system play out- and you know what, if you really can't forgive the guy even though he did make a mistake, then that's okay. Don't root for the guy, plain and simple.
For me, it's not about forgiveness. I can forgive people who do wrong, just as I hope I'm forgiven when I do wrong. But that doesn't mean they automatically have my trust.

Many years ago, the bookkeeper at my church embezzled about $20,000. When they found out, she was fired, and charges were brought against her. She was found guilty and served a sentence. About five years later, there was discussion of an unofficial "unmentionables" list; that is, a list of people who were not welcome. We're talking about a CHURCH. I couldn't believe it. The president of the church asked me how I could possibly let somebody like that in.

"I would forgive her because that's the right thing to do," I said "But that doesn't mean I'd make her the treasurer."

If AP is found guilty, he'll have to serve his sentence, whatever that is. Forgiving him is a separate issue. Trusting him is yet another. If a team doesn't trust AP to change his behavior, they won't consider acquiring him ... and I'd be hard-pressed to blame that team.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Times have changed since we were all kids. Sure my dad broke countless wooden spoons over my ####, and 30 years ago if this kind of dicipline was illegal most of our parents would be in prison. I am not defending him but I will wait for it to play out before I judge. Loomis g forward to going to the game this weekend, also excited to see what McKinnon can do! Go Vikings
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:For me, it's not about forgiveness. I can forgive people who do wrong, just as I hope I'm forgiven when I do wrong. But that doesn't mean they automatically have my trust.

Many years ago, the bookkeeper at my church embezzled about $20,000. When they found out, she was fired, and charges were brought against her. She was found guilty and served a sentence. About five years later, there was discussion of an unofficial "unmentionables" list; that is, a list of people who were not welcome. We're talking about a CHURCH. I couldn't believe it. The president of the church asked me how I could possibly let somebody like that in.

"I would forgive her because that's the right thing to do," I said "But that doesn't mean I'd make her the treasurer."

If AP is found guilty, he'll have to serve his sentence, whatever that is. Forgiving him is a separate issue. Trusting him is yet another. If a team doesn't trust AP to change his behavior, they won't consider acquiring him ... and I'd be hard-pressed to blame that team.

Well said. That pretty much sums up my feelings about forgiveness/trust.
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Times have changed since we were all kids. Sure my dad broke countless wooden spoons over my ####, and 30 years ago if this kind of dicipline was illegal most of our parents would be in prison. I am not defending him but I will wait for it to play out before I judge. Loomis g forward to going to the game this weekend, also excited to see what McKinnon can do! Go Vikings
Here's what I don't understand about the sympathy for Peterson.

People like to talk about how what he did was old school. But wasn't it part of the old school mentality that you get married, then have kids, and then spend enough time with your kids that they see through your conduct how to behave -- so the corporal punishment can be kept to a minimum?

I've read a lot of allegations about Peterson and don't know how many are true and how many are exaggerated. But leaving him aside and just speaking as a general matter, the idea of having tons of kids with various women, showing up on the odd occasion in their lives, and beating them up whenever they don't behave virtuously doesn't sound old school to me. It just sounds like the epitome of irresponsible, anti-social behavior.