When will we see more of Mckinnon?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

When will we see more of Mckinnon?

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

We haven't really seen much from Mckinnon in the preseason games or in the game against the Rams, other than that one run he had against the Chiefs. So when will we see Norv use him more in the offense seeing that he was a 3rd round pick? Hopefully against New England we will get to see what he is capable especially since New England looked suspect against the run last week.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: When will we see more of Mckinnon?

Post by DK Sweets »

I think McKinnon was an investment. Adrian doesn't see the sideline all too often and Asiata appears to have found his niche as the opposite of Peterson (Peterson is dynamic but historically hasn't excelled at pass protection, Asiata isn't exceptionally fast or elusive but blocks well for Cassell and Cordarrelle). McKinnon has a chance to be the mid-point between them when Adrian stops being superhuman, but first he's going to have to become more comfortable with pass protection and receiving. Transitioning from a QB/HB decoy to a HB/WR with protection responsibilities isn't easy, I'm sure.

Returning kicks would be the logical way to get the ball in his hands more, but we have some other dude who does that fairly decently.
purplereign1
Rookie

Post by purplereign1 »

DKSweets wrote:I think McKinnon was an investment. Adrian doesn't see the sideline all too often and Asiata appears to have found his niche as the opposite of Peterson (Peterson is dynamic but historically hasn't excelled at pass protection, Asiata isn't exceptionally fast or elusive but blocks well for Cassell and Cordarrelle). McKinnon has a chance to be the mid-point between them when Adrian stops being superhuman, but first he's going to have to become more comfortable with pass protection and receiving. Transitioning from a QB/HB decoy to a HB/WR with protection responsibilities isn't easy, I'm sure.

Returning kicks would be the logical way to get the ball in his hands more, but we have some other dude who does that fairly decently.
I think we will see a lot more of him next year when the Vikings realize we can not pay AD his enormous contact and are forced, sadly, to trade him.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

When we do.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

To me I think he will be used more when he learns the blocking schemes more...

IMO I would like Peterson to come in games much more in the second half of games.
IMO that is when Peterson is really dominate. I would use Peterson in passing more in
the second half, and use Patterson and others more in the first half.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
ATL_Viking
Backup

Post by ATL_Viking »

Probably sooner than expected, in light of recent news about Peterson's parenting practices.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

ATL_Viking wrote:Probably sooner than expected, in light of recent news about Peterson's parenting practices.
I'll say...
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

I'm amazed that we still trot out Asiata as our number 2. He's not better than Trent Richardson. McKinnon time!
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
tnvikesfan
Starter

Post by tnvikesfan »

I'm thinking this Sunday. Let's see what the kid has for us!
~Ginny~

A woman is only vulnerable while her nails are wet. Even then, she can pull the trigger if she needs to.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

NextQuestion wrote:I'm amazed that we still trot out Asiata as our number 2. He's not better than Trent Richardson. McKinnon time!
Asiata has proven he has more juice than Trent Richardson, who is so bad I don't see how he has a job in the NFL. Trent Richardson = Cedric Benson, complete stiff.
This space available for rent.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

NextQuestion wrote:I'm amazed that we still trot out Asiata as our number 2. He's not better than Trent Richardson. McKinnon time!
Yeah, it's unbelievable to me. He is one of the worst runners I've ever seen. He is so terrible at running the football. I'm sure their going to start him anyway, but they have to realize how bad Asiata is, so I bet McKinnon will get quite a few carries.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:Probably tomorrow
Good answer!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Good answer!
Exactly.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Go McKinnon :thumbsup:

Just wondering, since I read that the Vikes have known about AD's case since May, if perhaps that was a factor in grabbing Mckinnon when they did?
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

The Breeze wrote:Go McKinnon :thumbsup:

Just wondering, since I read that the Vikes have known about AD's case since May, if perhaps that was a factor in grabbing Mckinnon when they did?
I think they were looking for a possible replacement for Peterson, at some point down the road, I just don't think they were expecting it to be this soon! Just my opinion/guess, and I could be wrong...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!