Leslie Frazier: Coach of the Year?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Leslie Frazier: Coach of the Year?

Post by yezzir »

I hated on him a lot in the past. But he's gonna be within the top 4 of consideration. This league is crazy.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Leslie Frazier: Coach of the Year?

Post by Raptorman »

No, the colts coach will get it.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

it's one of the many reasons that i'm glad fans don't run teams. fans are impatient. they think the nfl runs like they're franchises on madden. frazier is a good coach. he has a ton of respect around the league and with his team. you don't get that in the nfl for just being nice. it's a cutthroat business and the guy knows what he's doing. this is not to say that he doesn't do things i disagree with sometimes. but oh well. he took a 3 win team with a project at qb and terrible receivers and made them a playoff team. he's my coach of the year and AD is my mvp.

sadly...i don't get a vote. :(
i'm ready for a beer.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

He wasn't even mentioned on the Fox pregame show when they talked about 8 other coaches for the award. Not that those talking heads know any better. I would actually vote for the Colts interim coach Bruce Arians. I believe he went 9-3 as the fill in. Not too shabby considering the situation he was thrust into. I think Frazier has to be in the discussion though.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

Raptorman wrote:No, the colts coach will get it.
The story plus the success will probably be a deciding factor.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Frazier gets my vote.

Do I get a vote?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

I posted somewhere else that he made a big stinker after the bye but beat the Texans at their place. After beating the Packers this year with this team, he definitely deserves consideration for COY. He has surely earned another year as our coach. unfortunately performance never seems to conform to the contract years.
Personally, I like him and I think he has shown that he can motivate his players. I would like to see him for the next 4- 5 years under Speilmans guidance to see what happens. they might make an unbelievable pair.

I would hate to see him go elsewhere and win a Superbowl. Lets break the cycle.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Depends how far into the playoffs they get.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Yeah, most likely Arians. Still, Frazier did a hell of a job.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Orion wrote: No way; he missed too many games.
Think He meant Arians.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Cliff wrote:Depends how far into the playoffs they get.
I thought it was a regular season award? Or is that just mvp?
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Demi wrote: I thought it was a regular season award? Or is that just mvp?
Yea. I thought these awards were voted on before the playoffs. I know the MVP is.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Arians did a nice job taking over for Pagano but I can't help but look at their schedule from week 5-16. The only notable win the Colts had under Arians was against the Packers. Every other win was against sub .500 teams (Browns, Titans, Dolphins, Jags, Bills, Lions, Titans, Chiefs).

Leslie Frazier gets my vote but I think Pete Carroll will win.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

I think Frazier has a shot, It's mostly a popularity contest in the media. If someone really has a hardon for frazier, he will win.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Juice wrote:Leslie Frazier gets my vote but I think Pete Carroll will win.
I won't complain if Carroll gets it, he's done a heck of a job up there in Seattle. Not many others stand out. Mike Smith shouldn't be overlooked. I can name more that should be fired though lol.
dkoby wrote:I think Frazier has a shot, It's mostly a popularity contest in the media. If someone really has a hardon for frazier, he will win.
He doesn't stand a chance then. He's pretty boring and unemotional so he's off the media's radar. They love themselves some Rex Ryan though.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh