Lions @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Typical Lions, always choke at the worse times but I will take the win since the Vikings played awful the entire game! Thank you Lions! :thumbsup:
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by StumpHunter »

This is a very flawed team, but the Lions are still the Lions fortunately.

Mettelus looked good in his first start. Hunter was the only guy getting pressure that I saw.

Offensively Cook lookeduch better in this game until the injury. Kirk was poop until the final drive where he was pretty good. Any QB could have thrown to a wide open Osborne though. JJ did not have the production but did draw some flags and Thielen and Osborne finally did something.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:39 pm Any QB could have thrown to a wide open Osborne though.
:lol: You just can’t bring yourself to do it. It’s physically impossible for you
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:39 pm This is a very flawed team, but the Lions are still the Lions fortunately.

Mettelus looked good in his first start. Hunter was the only guy getting pressure that I saw.

Offensively Cook lookeduch better in this game until the injury. Kirk was poop until the final drive where he was pretty good. Any QB could have thrown to a wide open Osborne though. JJ did not have the production but did draw some flags and Thielen and Osborne finally did something.
GB is leading the late game so it’s good that the Vikes found a way to win. The Vikings so far are not the dominant team some were predicting. Actually they look a lot like last years Vikings with a slightly better defense and special teams. The OL seems to hold up better but Cousins was still guilty of holding onto the ball too long.

Philly seems to have found a way to shut down JJ and every other team was watching. Irv is still dropping balls and looking like he has great potential. Dalvin might be out for a while if it’s the same shoulder he had surgery on.

I can’t wait to check out the post game chatter and press conferences. That should be interesting. I wonder what the owners are thinking? “All these changes and we look the same?” I would think there is some pressure on the players who were involved in advocating change with management. If we still play the same as last year maybe the players had a bigger part in our lack of success.

I have a bunch that talking about the Vikings will be the gift that keeps on giving this fall. Obviously as an original 1961 fan I’m here for the duration regardless of the outcome. :beerock:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Fun game to watch.

Kirk had me cussing him but when the game was on the line he came through. It's what we've all been looking for.

I'm still skeptical of his ability to continually have that kind of success but he did today and I'll take it.

Cook being out is worrying.
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

Vikes are in 1st place in the division, if it matters.
Viking fan since '65
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

me4get wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:20 pm Vikes are in 1st place in the division, if it matters.
Green Bay beat Tampa so it looks like they got things figured out. Rodgers could make a pro bowler out of an undrafted free agent who was cut and signed while working at a big box store. The Vikings proved last week that their only best shot at advancing is to nab home field advantage. I don’t think they’re up to winning in the road in the playoffs based on what we’ve seen so far.

It’s easy to get egg on one’s face this early in the season. So far so good at 2-1. Make us believers Vikings!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Cliff wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:22 pm

Kirk had me cussing him but when the game was on the line he came through. It's what we've all been looking for.
He did that a good chunk last year too, we just blew some games defensively or missed FGs/fumbled.

But either way, people will still find ways to dismiss what he did in the clutch today. Someone on here already has. It’s not a surprise, it’s just typical.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StanM wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:29 pm
me4get wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:20 pm Vikes are in 1st place in the division, if it matters.
Green Bay beat Tampa so it looks like they got things figured out. Rodgers could make a pro bowler out of an undrafted free agent who was cut and signed while working at a big box store. The Vikings proved last week that their only best shot at advancing is to nab home field advantage. I don’t think they’re up to winning in the road in the playoffs based on what we’ve seen so far.

It’s easy to get egg on one’s face this early in the season. So far so good at 2-1. Make us believers Vikings!
Mehhh, Tampa hasn’t looked good offensively at all this year. Their defense has kept them going. Tampas defense has allowed 27 total points in 3 games. Offensively they haven’t scored over 20.
-Chazz Palminteri
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Was very surprised the D stuffed the play at the end, and the Vikings ran the great play of getting KJ so open I could have thrown him the winning TD. KJ had the nice route and reception. But there is so much to work on. We wont be playing the Lions every week, and the way only the Lions can lose games. But last year I really think we would have lost this game. Again the Vikings need so many things to happen, like Donatell getting his head out of his own you know what, but there's all week to talk about that.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

The leader and the disciple :lol: Cousins throws a game winning TD but we have to instead mention how easy it was and shoot down cousins getting any credit for winning a game in the clutch. You two crack me up
StumpHunter wrote: Any QB could have thrown to a wide open Osborne though.
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:38 pm the Vikings ran the great play of getting KJ so open I could have thrown him the winning TD.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Hey Nice Win. Yes I stayed away all week on purpose. I didn't want to read the whining. I got better things to do. Nice win coming from big deficits twice and what a great play to KJ so open and Kirk made no mistake. Don't kid yourself people. Many players with the game on the line would have blown that pass.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:47 pm The leader and the disciple :lol: Cousins throws a game winning TD but we have to instead mention how easy it was and shoot down cousins getting any credit for winning a game in the clutch. You two crack me up
StumpHunter wrote: Any QB could have thrown to a wide open Osborne though.
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:38 pm the Vikings ran the great play of getting KJ so open I could have thrown him the winning TD.
The final series was good by Cousins. Its just the TD throw was much more KJ being open than Cousins making a great throw. You and your son VV are much more comical.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Although we had no business winning that game, I’ll take it. I was really hoping for a much improved defense this year but obviously that’s not gonna happen.

If you want to get some comedy relief, google up Detroit Lions forum and read what they’re fans have to say about the game. Priceless.
😅😂
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

“Their fans”