Vikings (1-0) at Eagles (1-0) MNF Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Re: Vikings (1-0) at Eagles (1-0) MNF Week 2

Post by Husker Vike »

I think we just need to move on and get ready for the Lions. I still believe we are a quality team and the Eagles played a flawless first half and sometimes that is just how it goes. I do have concerns with some of Cousins poor throwing decisions and Donatell's inability to make adjustments, why he continued to play a cover shell defense when it was obvious that it wasn't working is beyond me.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:29 pm
S197 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:10 pm I feel like you could read this thread anytime over the last 3+ years and it would be the same issues. There's not a lot of common denominators over that span. I don't think Cousins was the sole reason they lost but $40M is just far too much for this guy. He has so many weapons and an OL made up of entirely 1st and 2nd round picks. At some point you need to show up. Look at what Tua and Wentz are doing with better levels of talent.
Wentz?
He has 650 passing yards and 7 TDs in two games. Maybe he comes down to earth soon but right now he’s vastly exceeding expectations.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:48 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Wentz?
He has 650 passing yards and 7 TDs in two games. Maybe he comes down to earth soon but right now he’s vastly exceeding expectations.
And is 1-1 and was down 22-0 to the lions at one point. Just to put that into perspective, if Kirk cousins opened the season with Jacksonville and Detroit, had those numbers, and pretty much got worked against Detroit and I brought up those numbers for cousins, I’d have people going up one side of me and down the other. Just saying
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:13 pm Idk but I wish it would stop. Unfortunately I don’t see that happening
Preach it! I'm 100% on board with you!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Through 2 games AT and KJ have 11 and 6 targets, respectively. What gives? I had expected a 3 WR attack. I knew they'd focus more on JJ, but we have solid WR depth and it seems like Cousins/ the scheme just isn't looking for WR2 and 3. Weird. :confused:
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

If there is any silver lining in going 1-1 week two it’s a bit more clarity but still leaves questions. Watching on television having never played the game at any level I will leave the X’s and O’s to those with a better understanding of the intricacies of the game. My super power is the intangibles and a thick skin as an original Vikings fan.

My first thought was we love playing games at home because of the loyal crowd. Philly takes that to a whole new level with the visiting team having to walk the gauntlet of threats to family, friends and the family dog just getting in the building.

1-1 after game two and no real clarity for another month or so. Did Cousins just verify what his distractors say or were mental mistakes equally distributed through the offense? I’ll leave that to the better football minds but it’s a valid question. Every one of us has had one of those bad days where the mini crises pile up to the point we can’t wait to clock out and regroup. The difference is when it happens to us it’s not an national tv and nobody discusses our perceived failures on forums such as this one. For me the bit of clarity is that I am looking at the “Kirk can’t win the big games” mantra in a new light. Built up the line and they held their own enough that we can’t blame them. New head coach, new system, clips from the game clearly show that wide open receivers were missed. I became a believer and I’m sure it got the attention of ownership. If they insisted on keeping their guy they saw the same thing. It’s just two games, new offense, hostile building, no preseason reps, I will give the team a pass but am not as confident in KC.

The home game against a better than expected Detroit team will fill in some more blanks. I think after 4-6 games we will see a clearer picture of what we have and where everyone else stands. I still think they will be entertaining and win some games.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

StanM wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:37 am If there is any silver lining in going 1-1 week two it’s a bit more clarity but still leaves questions. Watching on television having never played the game at any level I will leave the X’s and O’s to those with a better understanding of the intricacies of the game. My super power is the intangibles and a thick skin as an original Vikings fan.

My first thought was we love playing games at home because of the loyal crowd. Philly takes that to a whole new level with the visiting team having to walk the gauntlet of threats to family, friends and the family dog just getting in the building.

1-1 after game two and no real clarity for another month or so. Did Cousins just verify what his distractors say or were mental mistakes equally distributed through the offense? I’ll leave that to the better football minds but it’s a valid question. Every one of us has had one of those bad days where the mini crises pile up to the point we can’t wait to clock out and regroup. The difference is when it happens to us it’s not an national tv and nobody discusses our perceived failures on forums such as this one. For me the bit of clarity is that I am looking at the “Kirk can’t win the big games” mantra in a new light. Built up the line and they held their own enough that we can’t blame them. New head coach, new system, clips from the game clearly show that wide open receivers were missed. I became a believer and I’m sure it got the attention of ownership. If they insisted on keeping their guy they saw the same thing. It’s just two games, new offense, hostile building, no preseason reps, I will give the team a pass but am not as confident in KC.

The home game against a better than expected Detroit team will fill in some more blanks. I think after 4-6 games we will see a clearer picture of what we have and where everyone else stands. I still think they will be entertaining and win some games.
I had 4-2 after the first 6 games, but am now leaning 3-3. Still could be 4-2, with the only other loss against Miami, but that Saints D is going to eat us alive and we can't stop the only thing the Saints do well on offense.

Still, 3-3 isn't terrible, and not terrible is all ownership really wants. They already know about Kirk what you are a believer in now, they just don't care. They know going into this season with a similar roster to last wasn't going to change this team into a SB contender and would hurt the team's chances of building a SB contender in the future, but they do not care. Remaining competitive is more important to them than becoming a contender and Vikings fans just need to deal with that and hope the Vikings get lucky in the draft.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StanM wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:37 am If there is any silver lining in going 1-1 week two it’s a bit more clarity but still leaves questions. Watching on television having never played the game at any level I will leave the X’s and O’s to those with a better understanding of the intricacies of the game. My super power is the intangibles and a thick skin as an original Vikings fan.

We are 1-1 against playoff teams. Last year the Eagles lost to every playoff team they faced and beat up on the stiff teams. That's some silver. The QB always get's the blame for the loss. Did any other player stand up and play lights out? JJ who some will say is our best couldn't beat the CB who was covering him. He needs to stand up and light that guy up. That end zone interception he didn't even fight the guy. Go get the dam ball. Great WR get the ball thrown to them even if they are covered but they will go up and get it. Our TE Smith dropped an easy TD pass. That's a loser if there ever was one. The ball was thrown down field. It wasn't a dump off that everyone says Kirk can only throw. That play if made changes the game. Did Cook help? He only ran a hand full of times and average 2.8 yards a pop. That sucks. So if the OL was blowing open huge holes he would have some yardage. I didn't see huge holes. Why wasn't Adam used inside the red zone? Our was he covered? Kirk didn't play very good either. He didn't get much help from his big time players. They were all losers. Including our D that let the Eagles loser QB rip them apart including a bomb with not one player covering him. That's a loser secondary if I ever saw one. Cover the guy.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:38 am

We are 1-1 against playoff teams. Last year the Eagles lost to every playoff team they faced and beat up on the stiff teams. That's some silver. The QB always get's the blame for the loss. Did any other player stand up and play lights out? JJ who some will say is our best couldn't beat the CB who was covering him. He needs to stand up and light that guy up. That end zone interception he didn't even fight the guy. Go get the dam ball. Great WR get the ball thrown to them even if they are covered but they will go up and get it. Our TE Smith dropped an easy TD pass. That's a loser if there ever was one. The ball was thrown down field. It wasn't a dump off that everyone says Kirk can only throw. That play if made changes the game. Did Cook help? He only ran a hand full of times and average 2.8 yards a pop. That sucks. So if the OL was blowing open huge holes he would have some yardage. I didn't see huge holes. Why wasn't Adam used inside the red zone? Our was he covered? Kirk didn't play very good either. He didn't get much help from his big time players. They were all losers. Including our D that let the Eagles loser QB rip them apart including a bomb with not one player covering him. That's a loser secondary if I ever saw one. Cover the guy.
Why is Hurts a loser QB? What if the Eagles are just a very good team with a dynamic QB who can now beat teams with both his legs and his arm, great WRs and a great Oline?

This team is clearly not on the same level as the great teams in the league, but isn't that exactly what Kwesi told us about the team before the season?
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:42 am

I had 4-2 after the first 6 games, but am now leaning 3-3. Still could be 4-2, with the only other loss against Miami, but that Saints D is going to eat us alive and we can't stop the only thing the Saints do well on offense.

Still, 3-3 isn't terrible, and not terrible is all ownership really wants. They already know about Kirk what you are a believer in now, they just don't care. They know going into this season with a similar roster to last wasn't going to change this team into a SB contender and would hurt the team's chances of building a SB contender in the future, but they do not care. Remaining competitive is more important to them than becoming a contender and Vikings fans just need to deal with that and hope the Vikings get lucky in the draft.
After 61 years of Vikings football a Super Bowl before I die isn’t a priority. I would be happy if I could find a six pack of the beer with that name at this point anywhere near Forest Lake before game 3. :beerock:
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

StanM wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:32 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:42 am

After 61 years of Vikings football a Super Bowl before I die isn’t a priority. I would be happy if I could find a six pack of the beer with that name at this point anywhere near Forest Lake before game 3. :beerock:
I am with you. Fan since 1962, 60 yrs. running out of time in seeing a SB win for Minnesota. I would like to see one. Maybe figure the odds
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 am
CharVike wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:38 am
Why is Hurts a loser QB? What if the Eagles are just a very good team with a dynamic QB who can now beat teams with both his legs and his arm, great WRs and a great Oline?

This team is clearly not on the same level as the great teams in the league, but isn't that exactly what Kwesi told us about the team before the season?
I called him that based on last year when he couldn't beat a playoff team. I want to see what happens when they play a top team first.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

CharVike wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:07 pm

I called him that based on last year when he couldn't beat a playoff team. I want to see what happens when they play a top team first.
You're going to be waiting a while because the Vikings are probably the best team on the Eagles schedule this year.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

This team is clearly not on the same level as the great teams in the league,
To be honest, I think that’s a pretty ridiculous argument after 2 games. They literally dominated the packers, not beat, dominated. Are they all of the sudden a bad team? And the eagles are all of the sudden a great team because they are 2-0?

The cardinals started off 5-0 last year and then crapped the bed. The bills lost to the 3-14 jags last year. The bengals lost to the bears and the jets and went to the SB. The rams lost 3 games in a row and won the SB.

To say we aren’t on the same level as the great teams after 2 games is honestly laughable. If we got our as# whooped by GB as well as Philly, then yeah sure but to sit there and practically ignore what took place in that packers game isn’t fair at all.

Sure, we very well may not be on great teams level. But there’s also as equal of a chance for them to be on that level. It’s been two games. Pump the breaks and let’s see how this team responds
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:07 pm

He has played one full season at QB and made the playoffs in that season. How about we give guys at least a couple of years before we start calling them losers? Or at least maintain that same level of standard of our current QB who is only good for one win against a playoff team a season.