Jalen Reagor a Viking

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 am
x 59

Re: Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Jalen played well today, Eagles gave up on him too early but at least Vikings did not give up much to get Jalen, Jalen gets the game ball from me although the team did not play great today
User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
x 405

Re: Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by Texas Vike »

He did this a ton at TCU. He's got a strong burst and is very twitchy. They called him the "human hiccup" while here at TCU (I'm a professor here, Go Frogs!). I was glad to see him show up yesterday and look forward to him getting more looks moving forward. He's kind of the perfect 3rd and short weapon, honestly. He can run a quick slant, a bubble screen, or a jet sweep. We need what he offers. Nwagnwu is another dude that deserves a role from time to time in our offense.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 73

Re: Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:55 am He did this a ton at TCU. He's got a strong burst and is very twitchy. They called him the "human hiccup" while here at TCU (I'm a professor here, Go Frogs!). I was glad to see him show up yesterday and look forward to him getting more looks moving forward. He's kind of the perfect 3rd and short weapon, honestly. He can run a quick slant, a bubble screen, or a jet sweep. We need what he offers. Nwagnwu is another dude that deserves a role from time to time in our offense.
I agree with Kene. He is like Cook, in the open field he is hard to tackle and fast.

Raegor is only good for gimmick plays. He isnt a WR. He is a speed guy that knows how to move. You really think the Eagles dont know what they are doing? Trading a 1st rounder for a 5th? And so far KO agrees. Its too bad cause KJ is #### this year.
User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
x 405

Re: Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by Texas Vike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:01 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:55 am He did this a ton at TCU. He's got a strong burst and is very twitchy. They called him the "human hiccup" while here at TCU (I'm a professor here, Go Frogs!). I was glad to see him show up yesterday and look forward to him getting more looks moving forward. He's kind of the perfect 3rd and short weapon, honestly. He can run a quick slant, a bubble screen, or a jet sweep. We need what he offers. Nwagnwu is another dude that deserves a role from time to time in our offense.
I agree with Kene. He is like Cook, in the open field he is hard to tackle and fast.

Raegor is only good for gimmick plays. He isnt a WR. He is a speed guy that knows how to move. You really think the Eagles dont know what they are doing? Trading a 1st rounder for a 5th? And so far KO agrees. Its too bad cause KJ is #### this year.
The Eagles are stacked at WR, so they moved on from Reagor and recovered what they could. A player's value isn't static, by the way. Reagor was selected in the first, but his perceived value in the league is much lower now, obviously. He was chosen that highly because of his raw skills, not because he came out of CFB as a polished route runner. (Which makes me surprised that Quentin Johnston, WR TCU, is currently being mocked in the top 10-15, and many have him as WR1 in the upcoming draft. He's a specimen, for sure, but I would have thought Reagor's precedent in the NFL would scare folks off). When you say he isn't a WR, I guess you mean he doesn't know how to run routes? Not sure exactly what you mean because he is obviously a WR in the literal sense. (I'd give you an F for clear and logical articulation of your thoughts if you were my student, haha). I'm not blind to his short comings. But precisely because KJ is having a down year and doesn't seem to be able to get separation, I think Reagor could continue to see an increase in his use. He has some serious abilities that we could exploit for our benefit. Currently JJ is our only WR who can get YAC. Reagor in the open field is a threat. KOC should scheme some plays for him. I suspect he will,.
User avatar
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm
x 170

Re: Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by IIsweet »

IIsweet wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:59 am A Lot of his highlights are bubble screens, end arounds, but mostly routes that are deep posts where he gets to the inside of the CB and the QB throws the ball into space and he runs to it. I definitely will agree that he is not a precision route runner at all. His slow shuttle and 3 cone drill says it all right there. However, he has incredible burst and likes to catch the ball with his hands out in front.
Just having to scheme his plays in. That speed though.... that's an over the top type of ability. Just need to get the ball in his hands with a little seperation and let him do what he does best.... run !
Imagine that !!! KOC and KAM must have been reading my post from Friday. :lol:
User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
x 405

Re: Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by Texas Vike »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:41 am
IIsweet wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:59 am A Lot of his highlights are bubble screens, end arounds, but mostly routes that are deep posts where he gets to the inside of the CB and the QB throws the ball into space and he runs to it. I definitely will agree that he is not a precision route runner at all. His slow shuttle and 3 cone drill says it all right there. However, he has incredible burst and likes to catch the ball with his hands out in front.
Just having to scheme his plays in. That speed though.... that's an over the top type of ability. Just need to get the ball in his hands with a little seperation and let him do what he does best.... run !
Imagine that !!! KOC and KAM must have been reading my post from Friday. :lol:
I thought of your post when I saw his catch this week. His adjustment to Kirk's misplaced throw was pretty spectacular, honestly.