53 Man Roster --predictions and developments

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 53 Man Roster --predictions and developments

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:01 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:17 pm
Some will never admit that. Rodgers yesterday sucked. He was pressured and sacked. The 2 SB QBs were pressured and sacked which lead to a combined 7 interceptions. Both sucked. That's 3 of the best. If we face a team that gets pressure and sacks on Kirk he will do what they all do. Go backwards. It's been like that forever. That's why teams look for guys to pressure the QB. If it didn't mean anything guys like that would have no value. Look what Hunter is paid. He can get after the QB.
To clarify, your position is that no QBs respond to pressure better or worse than any others? You believe that Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins react to pressure about on par with one another? You think when plays go off schedule, it wouldn't matter whether Aaron or Kirk were at the QB position?
Aaron and Kirk probably respond to pressure pretty equally, but Aaron is an elite improviser while improvisation is probably Kirk's #1 weakness. For that reason I would prefer Aaron's chances when under pressure to Kirks. This by no means whatsoever is saying Kirk panics under pressure. He's pretty strong when pressured. He hangs in there willing to take the hit to make the play.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:12 pm

To clarify, your position is that no QBs respond to pressure better or worse than any others? You believe that Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins react to pressure about on par with one another? You think when plays go off schedule, it wouldn't matter whether Aaron or Kirk were at the QB position?
Aaron and Kirk probably respond to pressure pretty equally, but Aaron is an elite improviser while improvisation is probably Kirk's #1 weakness.
Anything beyond this is just splitting hairs. This is what everyone who says Kirk panics under pressure is saying. When he tries, he is liable to throw a backward pass to Latavius Murray or make an ill advised pass like he did last night rather than keeping his composure.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:17 pm
Some will never admit that. Rodgers yesterday sucked. He was pressured and sacked. The 2 SB QBs were pressured and sacked which lead to a combined 7 interceptions. Both sucked. That's 3 of the best. If we face a team that gets pressure and sacks on Kirk he will do what they all do. Go backwards. It's been like that forever. That's why teams look for guys to pressure the QB. If it didn't mean anything guys like that would have no value. Look what Hunter is paid. He can get after the QB.
I posted they all go backwards. Of course it won't be the same. Rodgers is a future HOF QB and Cousins is a good QB. It will be much harder for Cousins under pressure as it is with everything else when compared to Rodgers.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:16 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:12 pm
Aaron and Kirk probably respond to pressure pretty equally, but Aaron is an elite improviser while improvisation is probably Kirk's #1 weakness.
Anything beyond this is just splitting hairs. This is what everyone who says Kirk panics under pressure is saying. When he tries, he is liable to throw a backward pass to Latavius Murray or make an ill advised pass like he did last night rather than keeping his composure.
Nothing wrong with Kirk improvising. I think it's better than not even trying to.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
The Bears waived Ihmir Smith-Marsette.
Does he make sense for the PS?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:23 pm
Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
The Bears waived Ihmir Smith-Marsette.
I think it does. Be nice to have somebody with experience who knows the system.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

CharVike wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:15 am
Texas Vike wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:23 pm

I do too, but I'm left wondering if he has character concerns. It seems odd that the Bears dropped him due to his fumble vs. us. I hear he messed up in the TNF game vs. WASH too, but missed it.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:53 am
CharVike wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:15 am
I do too, but I'm left wondering if he has character concerns. It seems odd that the Bears dropped him due to his fumble vs. us. I hear he messed up in the TNF game vs. WASH too, but missed it.
Blake Proehl was signed to the PS so I doubt ISM has a chance now.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:31 am
Texas Vike wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:53 am

Blake Proehl was signed to the PS so I doubt ISM has a chance now.
Good. If both the Vikes and the Bears dumped him.