Vikings Training Camp 2022

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9386
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1619

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:43 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:08 pm
According to other reports, it WAS the f-word.

I know. Totally un-Cousins like. But that’s what people in attendance were saying.

I have to wonder if Cousins isn’t just having a blast with coaches who value what he brings, and who are designing an offense that plays to his strengths.
You mean an offense with a strong run game and heavy PA like we have had the past 3 seasons?

The guy says his catch phrase with the F word included. Totally for the media, totally calculated, total robot Cousins.
Whatever man. You’ve made thousands of crap comments, but this one clogs the commode. You’re always so sure of everybody’s motives, and it’s freaking insufferable. How the hell do you know what was going through Kirk Cousins’ mind in that moment? Are you clairvoyant? A medium? His twin? What?

You know, some of us like the direction the team is going. Some of us, for the first time in a long time, are excited for the season. The only thing you’re ever excited about is reminding everybody of how smart you are. News flash. Nobody gives a damn.

Your boy Zimmer is now Deion’s assistant at Jackson State. Consider following him.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 615

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:43 am
You mean an offense with a strong run game and heavy PA like we have had the past 3 seasons?

The guy says his catch phrase with the F word included. Totally for the media, totally calculated, total robot Cousins.
Whatever man. You’ve made thousands of crap comments, but this one clogs the commode. You’re always so sure of everybody’s motives, and it’s freaking insufferable. How the hell do you know what was going through Kirk Cousins’ mind in that moment? Are you clairvoyant? A medium? His twin? What?

You know, some of us like the direction the team is going. Some of us, for the first time in a long time, are excited for the season. The only thing you’re ever excited about is reminding everybody of how smart you are. News flash. Nobody gives a damn.

Your boy Zimmer is now Deion’s assistant at Jackson State. Consider following him.
No you are right, I was wrong. Kirk saying his catch phrase means the offense is going to play to his strengths. Great take. :lol:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9386
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1619

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 am
vikeinmontana wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:01 am

It is totally natural and normal in sports settings. I have seen it many times with no media present.

Even the "catchphrase" was media driven. It's not like he contacted media outlets prior and said he was going to yell "you like that?!" after getting a huge win. It was competitive juices. It was an awesome moment. It stuck. So ya, maybe it's his thing. Maybe he says it all the time now? Do you have any way of knowing he doesn't? Some of you act like because you cheer for a team you know these guys. Know their personalities. Know their motivations. Know how they are in practice and the locker room. I sure don't know these things. But I played sports through college and have seen these situations play out many times. And it was never for the media.

For all you know it is a running joke between the players? Maybe he told his offense he was going to score a TD and yell "You #### Like That?" after he did? Who knows? Apparently only you and Kirk know his intentions. :lol:
https://www.nfl.com/news/kirk-cousins-f ... 0000607295

Yep, it is the media driving the catch phrase thing.

Just to be clear, I don't have an issue with Kirk saying something meant to entertain while playing a sport that is meant to entertain. I do find it pretty funny that people draw conclusions about what the offense is going to be like from it though.
Maybe some of us are excited about the offense because we actually WATCH what’s going on, instead of just drawing conclusions based on suppositions, innuendo, and speculation.

My god, I PRAY the Vikings win 14 games and Cousins takes league MVP, just to shut you up.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 615

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:24 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 am
https://www.nfl.com/news/kirk-cousins-f ... 0000607295

Yep, it is the media driving the catch phrase thing.

Just to be clear, I don't have an issue with Kirk saying something meant to entertain while playing a sport that is meant to entertain. I do find it pretty funny that people draw conclusions about what the offense is going to be like from it though.
Maybe some of us are excited about the offense because we actually WATCH what’s going on, instead of just drawing conclusions based on suppositions, innuendo, and speculation.
You mean like drawing the conclusion that the offense is going to play to Cousins strengths because he said his catch phrase?
My god, I PRAY the Vikings win 14 games and Cousins takes league MVP, just to shut you up.
You want that just to shut me up? I had no idea I was having that kind of an impact on your life.

I want that because I want the Vikings to win and be successful personally, but whatever floats your boat.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3362
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 649

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:02 am I think its a good thing. Im sure 90% of guys say the F word every day, as well as screaming it occasional. Maybe Kirk is opening up a bit.
If Kirk wants to be like the rest of the guys yes he will be saying and screaming F Bombs. His well earned reputation as a Christian, Family Man kind of means he won't.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9386
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1619

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:22 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 am
Whatever man. You’ve made thousands of crap comments, but this one clogs the commode. You’re always so sure of everybody’s motives, and it’s freaking insufferable. How the hell do you know what was going through Kirk Cousins’ mind in that moment? Are you clairvoyant? A medium? His twin? What?

You know, some of us like the direction the team is going. Some of us, for the first time in a long time, are excited for the season. The only thing you’re ever excited about is reminding everybody of how smart you are. News flash. Nobody gives a damn.

Your boy Zimmer is now Deion’s assistant at Jackson State. Consider following him.
No you are right, I was wrong. Kirk saying his catch phrase means the offense is going to play to his strengths. Great take. :lol:
I’m going to guess you haven’t watched one video, viewed one snap, or read a single paragraph about this team that doesn’t fit your narrative of the Vikings being a crap football team. Others of us have. I’ve made plenty of comments based on observation and research. Nobody reads more than I do. The fact that you’ve picked out one that you deem unsubstantiated … well, it’s a very StumpHunter thing to do, isn’t it?

So go ahead. Toss out the laugh emojis. That obviously means you win. Please, have a bag of Skittles and celebrate.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3362
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 649

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by VikingsVictorious »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:24 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 am
https://www.nfl.com/news/kirk-cousins-f ... 0000607295

Yep, it is the media driving the catch phrase thing.

Just to be clear, I don't have an issue with Kirk saying something meant to entertain while playing a sport that is meant to entertain. I do find it pretty funny that people draw conclusions about what the offense is going to be like from it though.
Maybe some of us are excited about the offense because we actually WATCH what’s going on, instead of just drawing conclusions based on suppositions, innuendo, and speculation.

My god, I PRAY the Vikings win 14 games and Cousins takes league MVP, just to shut you up.
It wouldn't shut him up. He'd dig deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppp and find proof that Kirk still sucks.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 615

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:32 am Nobody reads more than I do.
If you really believe this I pity you.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9386
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1619

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:30 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:24 am
Maybe some of us are excited about the offense because we actually WATCH what’s going on, instead of just drawing conclusions based on suppositions, innuendo, and speculation.
You mean like drawing the conclusion that the offense is going to play to Cousins strengths because he said his catch phrase?
My god, I PRAY the Vikings win 14 games and Cousins takes league MVP, just to shut you up.
You want that just to shut me up? I had no idea I was having that kind of an impact on your life.

I want that because I want the Vikings to win and be successful personally, but whatever floats your boat.
No you don’t.

You want to be right. It’s all you ever want. You love it when the Vikings fail. You get to throw it in the face of optimists like me.

See how that works? I can assume people’s motives, too.

You have zero impact on my life. I’ve been following this team since 1969, and I’m still an optimist. Nothing you say matters to me at all. I’d just like once to make an observation without you attempting to tear it down. Some days, I’m not in a mood to let it go, so I swing back. But don’t flatter yourself. I don’t give two poops about you.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9386
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1619

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:34 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:32 am Nobody reads more than I do.
If you really believe this I pity you.
I pity you.

Your entire existence on this board revolves around tearing other people down. It’s all you do. I can’t count the times I’ve actually AGREED with you, and you still find a way to fire off an insult. Virtually every post you make is in response to someone else, and 99% of those are meant to crap on that person. When was the last time you started a thread? Asked a question? Sought someone else’s opinion? Heck, even just made an observation of your own that isn’t meant to belittle someone else’s thought?

Don’t feel sorry for me, bub.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm
x 126

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by vikeinmontana »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 am
vikeinmontana wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:01 am

It is totally natural and normal in sports settings. I have seen it many times with no media present.

Even the "catchphrase" was media driven. It's not like he contacted media outlets prior and said he was going to yell "you like that?!" after getting a huge win. It was competitive juices. It was an awesome moment. It stuck. So ya, maybe it's his thing. Maybe he says it all the time now? Do you have any way of knowing he doesn't? Some of you act like because you cheer for a team you know these guys. Know their personalities. Know their motivations. Know how they are in practice and the locker room. I sure don't know these things. But I played sports through college and have seen these situations play out many times. And it was never for the media.

For all you know it is a running joke between the players? Maybe he told his offense he was going to score a TD and yell "You #### Like That?" after he did? Who knows? Apparently only you and Kirk know his intentions. :lol:
https://www.nfl.com/news/kirk-cousins-f ... 0000607295

Yep, it is the media driving the catch phrase thing.

Just to be clear, I don't have an issue with Kirk saying something meant to entertain while playing a sport that is meant to entertain. I do find it pretty funny that people draw conclusions about what the offense is going to be like from it though.
You're missing my point. I'm talking about the FIRST time he said it heading to the locker room. Of course he trademarked it. It took off. I'm not saying it's not his catchphrase. Where we differ is his reasoning for using it to begin with. You said as it was a fact the only reason he said it was for the media. To that I highly disagreed. :confused:
i'm ready for a beer.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3362
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 649

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by VikingsVictorious »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:51 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:34 am
If you really believe this I pity you.
I pity you.

Your entire existence on this board revolves around tearing other people down. It’s all you do. I can’t count the times I’ve actually AGREED with you, and you still find a way to fire off an insult. Virtually every post you make is in response to someone else, and 99% of those are meant to crap on that person. When was the last time you started a thread? Asked a question? Sought someone else’s opinion? Heck, even just made an observation of your own that isn’t meant to belittle someone else’s thought?

Don’t feel sorry for me, bub.
I think it's rather obvious that you didn't mean you literally read more than every other person on the face of the Earth. If I read you correctly your intent was you read more than the strong majority of people on this message board and I would think that's a reasonable belief to hold.
User avatar
VikingLord
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7671
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: The Land of the Ice and Snow
x 701

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:43 am The guy says his catch phrase with the F word included. Totally for the media, totally calculated, total robot Cousins.
Cousins can't have a little fun of his own account? He can't actually be enjoying playing the game just for the sake of it and let slip some spontaneous emotion when he made a play?

I can't say you're right or wrong in your take on things, but if you watch how the team is playing and listen to what the players on the team are saying (not just Cousins, but others), it seems they are far more relaxed than they were the last several years and actually enjoying themselves. That doesn't mean they're going to win more, but it is a refreshing change from recent years.

Give Cousins and the rest of the team a chance to show things are different. If they're not, so be it. If they are, you can enjoy the success along with the rest of us.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 615

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:51 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:34 am
If you really believe this I pity you.
I pity you.

Your entire existence on this board revolves around tearing other people down. It’s all you do. I can’t count the times I’ve actually AGREED with you, and you still find a way to fire off an insult. Virtually every post you make is in response to someone else, and 99% of those are meant to crap on that person. When was the last time you started a thread? Asked a question? Sought someone else’s opinion? Heck, even just made an observation of your own that isn’t meant to belittle someone else’s thought?

Don’t feel sorry for me, bub.
Didn't realize you were so sensitive. Now I pity you even more and apologize for having the audacity to not agree with everything you say and pointing out when you are wrong.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm
x 126

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by vikeinmontana »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:11 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:51 am
I pity you.

Your entire existence on this board revolves around tearing other people down. It’s all you do. I can’t count the times I’ve actually AGREED with you, and you still find a way to fire off an insult. Virtually every post you make is in response to someone else, and 99% of those are meant to crap on that person. When was the last time you started a thread? Asked a question? Sought someone else’s opinion? Heck, even just made an observation of your own that isn’t meant to belittle someone else’s thought?

Don’t feel sorry for me, bub.
Didn't realize you were so sensitive. Now I pity you even more and apologize for having the audacity to not agree with everything you say and pointing out when you are wrong.
Has nothing to do with disagreeing Stump and I assume you know that. We all disagree here. It's what boards are for. I don't know that there is a poster here I have more respect for than Kapp and I have disagreed with his takes plenty over the years. Also agreed with a ton.

But many of us disagree with others without acting like we know for certain, 100%, why things are happening in this organization. Your comments about Cousins saying "You like that?" is a perfect example. He did it for the media for sure, and there is no other feasible reason and anyone who thinks so is just crazy. I just don't agree with that. I have been in enough locker rooms to know things within the team are rarely what the fans perceive. Even really smart fans who seem to everything about anything in regards to the team. :confused:
i'm ready for a beer.