OTA's Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm
Adam's wanted more money than GB could pay him. If they had offered him the contract the Raiders did he would still be in GB.
Pot-Kettle. Talk about speaking on something as if it's a fact. Did you talk to Davante? I didnt realize you guys were friends.

Funny you say this because on the Purple Daily Podcast I listened to this morning, they talked about how Adams came out and said how he knew Rodgers wouldnt be there forever, that he had to think more long term, think about his next contract and that was the reason he wanted to move on. To me, that's sounds like the exact opposite of that "fact" you just spoke on above. I bet JJBR wont call you out on that one :D
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 580

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:11 am
StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm
Adam's wanted more money than GB could pay him. If they had offered him the contract the Raiders did he would still be in GB.
Pot-Kettle. Talk about speaking on something as if it's a fact. Did you talk to Davante? I didnt realize you guys were friends.

Funny you say this because on the Purple Daily Podcast I listened to this morning, they talked about how Adams came out and said how he knew Rodgers wouldnt be there forever, that he had to think more long term, think about his next contract and that was the reason he wanted to move on. To me, that's sounds like the exact opposite of that "fact" you just spoke on above. I bet JJBR wont call you out on that one :D
Funny how you put "fact" in quotes after talking about me putting words in people's mouths. Your complete lack of self awareness hard at work yet again.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:39 am
Funny how you put "fact" in quotes after talking about me putting words in people's mouths. Your complete lack of self awareness hard at work yet again.
Did you not just speak on this as if it were a fact? Right or wrong?
If they had offered him the contract the Raiders did he would still be in GB.
You didnt say you'd "think" he'd still be in GB. You literally said he would. I'm not putting any words in anyones mouth. You literally said it :lol:

Glad you could fit that insult in there though
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:23 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:41 pm

You both win. Smith chose to be cut and miss out on millions so he could leave a team that has been in the NFCCG two of the last 3 seasons. Very logical.
Davante Adams wanted out. He also said just this week that Derek Carr is as talented as Aaron Rodgers. An eyebrow-raiser, for sure, but it speaks to what the problem may be.

I'm speculating here, but maybe guys want out of Green Bay because of the continuous Rodgers soap opera. We can go back to Greg Jennings and probably before that, but for whatever reason, there have been plenty of guys who have left Green Bay of their own accord.
Regardless, I think this goes back to what you're saying Kapp. I think players are getting sick of the Rodgers drama. They said the same thing on Purple Daily this morning. No matter how confident some may be that it was just simply "money".... it's growing more and more clear that wasnt the case. There's obviously more to this. Davante even said it himself. He had to think long term, think about his next contract and knew Rodgers wasnt going to be there much longer. I dont think Adams gave two craps about Rodgers' contract length. Players are starting to learn that he's extremely unpredictable and very easy to tick off. Who knows what Rodgers will want in the next couple years. He might want out, he might want an extension who knows. The guys becoming a problem as a teammate and I think the players are starting to realize that. Otherwise, why wouldnt you want to stay around a QB of his caliber on a winning team? Clearly that doesnt trump who Rodgers is as a person/teammate
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 9161
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky
x 304

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Cliff »

Adams made it pretty clear that his issue was the location.

Closer to family, better weather, etc. There really doesn't need to be anything else, does there?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 580

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:59 am
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:39 am
Funny how you put "fact" in quotes after talking about me putting words in people's mouths. Your complete lack of self awareness hard at work yet again.
Did you not just speak on this as if it were a fact? Right or wrong?


If they had offered him the contract the Raiders did he would still be in GB.
You didnt say you'd "think" he'd still be in GB. You literally said he would. I'm not putting any words in anyones mouth. You literally said it :lol:

Glad you could fit that insult in there though
That statement couldn't possibly be a "fact" and was just my "opinion". People state their opinion all the time on here without using words like "possibly" or "imo".

Are you really denying that putting a word in quotes that I didn't say isn't putting words in my mouth? :lol:
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 580

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by StumpHunter »

Cliff wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:09 am Adams made it pretty clear that his issue was the location.

Closer to family, better weather, etc. There really doesn't need to be anything else, does there?
He also talked about how this was more than just a decision about making money with the current contract and was thinking of the next one. So still a little about the money, but it does appear he preferred LV over GB for the reasons you stated.

Do any of those things, money, weather, or family hold true for Smith?
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 620

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

OTAs are all done now right. Mandatory minicamp has come and went and we got nothing going on until actual training camp in mid to late July. It's going to be agony waiting.
User avatar
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 am
x 72

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Thaumaturgist »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:44 pm OTAs are all done now right. Mandatory minicamp has come and went and we got nothing going on until actual training camp in mid to late July. It's going to be agony waiting.
This is always the worst time of the year isn't it?
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 620

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:57 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:44 pm OTAs are all done now right. Mandatory minicamp has come and went and we got nothing going on until actual training camp in mid to late July. It's going to be agony waiting.
This is always the worst time of the year isn't it?
Agony.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 467

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by CharVike »

Here is some news. I like his size.
LBer Andre Mintze has signed.
Mintze is a Philadelphia native who turns 24 in September and is listed at 6'3", 249 pounds. He spent five years at Vanderbilt, becoming a major contributor over his last two seasons. Between 2019 and 2020, Mintze recorded 7.5 sacks, 12 total tackles for loss, and 3 forced fumbles.
The Vikings' new regime, led by GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and head coach Kevin O'Connell, has prioritized players with fast ten-yard splits — to an extreme degree. That was true of their draft class, but we've also seen it with 90-man signings like LB William Kwenkeu and now Mintze. The Vikings clearly believe that statistic gives depth players a better chance to make an impact, which is presumably coming from their analytics department.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:54 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:59 am

Did you not just speak on this as if it were a fact? Right or wrong?





You didnt say you'd "think" he'd still be in GB. You literally said he would. I'm not putting any words in anyones mouth. You literally said it :lol:

Glad you could fit that insult in there though
That statement couldn't possibly be a "fact" and was just my "opinion". People state their opinion all the time on here without using words like "possibly" or "imo".

Are you really denying that putting a word in quotes that I didn't say isn't putting words in my mouth? :lol:
I literally said “you spoke on it AS IF it was a fact”. Which you did. Just read.

But whatever makes you feel better and sleep at night stump. Either way, whether you were speaking on it as a fact or an opinion….. it was 100% wrong. So there’s that. :sleep:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:57 am
Cliff wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:09 am Adams made it pretty clear that his issue was the location.

Closer to family, better weather, etc. There really doesn't need to be anything else, does there?
He also talked about how this was more than just a decision about making money with the current contract and was thinking of the next one. So still a little about the money, but it does appear he preferred LV over GB for the reasons you stated.

Do any of those things, money, weather, or family hold true for Smith?
I’m confused. All it took was Cliff saying he preferred LV due to the location to pull you away from what you were arguing with Kapp which was if Adams received the same contract from GB, he’d still be in GB? :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Cliff wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:09 am Adams made it pretty clear that his issue was the location.

Closer to family, better weather, etc. There really doesn't need to be anything else, does there?
Yeah Cliff that was one of many reasons I think. Even though they’ve been good, that organization is kind of “under the radar dysfunctional”. If you know what I mean. The constant pis#ing matches between Rodgers and Lafleur one minute and then being buddy-buddy the next. Rodgers ripping Gutekunst and then being on good terms again. 95% of this is due to Rodgers and what type of person/teammate he is, not so much the rest of them. But I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if exactly what I explained was part of the reason both Smith and Adams wanted out
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9281
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1571

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:23 am
Davante Adams wanted out. He also said just this week that Derek Carr is as talented as Aaron Rodgers. An eyebrow-raiser, for sure, but it speaks to what the problem may be.

I'm speculating here, but maybe guys want out of Green Bay because of the continuous Rodgers soap opera. We can go back to Greg Jennings and probably before that, but for whatever reason, there have been plenty of guys who have left Green Bay of their own accord.
Adam's wanted more money than GB could pay him. If they had offered him the contract the Raiders did he would still be in GB.
That’s false. Money was not the issue.

According to Matt Schneidman of The Athletic:
NFL Network reported that the Raiders and Adams have also agreed to terms on a five-year, $141.25 million contract ($28.5 million per year). According to sources, the Packers were willing to pay Adams as much, if not more, than the Raiders paid him.
Now it’s true that Adams and Carr are friends and ex-teammates at Fresno State. But apparently that trumps both money AND potential to win a Super Bowl.

So is it JUST a desire to play with his college teammate? Or could some (or much) of it have to do with Rodgers. According to one ex-NFL GM:
The guy's selfish. Teammates don't like him. Coaches don't like him. It's all about Aaron. They all deal with him, because he's a superstar. He helps guys make money and put food on the table for their kids, and people respect him for that.
This is the same Aaron Rodgers who once told 49ers cornerback Carlos Rodgers — in the middle of a game — that the Niners should try to acquire Greg Jennings, his own teammate. The same Rodgers that got Mike McCarthy fired and tried to get Brian Gutekunst fired.

The guy is one of the most talented quarterbacks to ever play the game. He’s also one of the biggest a$$holes. It’s not just Vikings fans who can’t stand him. In many cases, it’s his own teammates.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.