OTA's Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 580

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:45 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:17 am

Why is it so hard for you to jst let it go? You write like your opinion is so much better than Stumps, why do you just let it go.
What do I need to let go? Again, you're late to the conversation. This post had to do with Davante Adams, not Patrick Jones. And above, Stump literally said "if Adams got the same contract from GB as he did LV, he'd still be in GB". That is 100000% wrong. He sat here and argued with people over it and then one person says, "Yeah Adams said location was a factor" and then Stump folds like a lawn chair.
That is a pretty large percentage, how did you calculate it?

You say I argued with "people" over it, yet I only responded to Kapp with my opinion of the situation. Who are these people I argued with?

Please note how I put quotes around a word you actually wrote instead of making one up out of thin air.
JJBreaksRecords
Starter
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 11

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:37 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:34 am

Ahh, so a guy thats only been on the board a short time isnt squat, but one such as yourself, who has been on it for a whole 10 years knows everything, and shouldnt be challenged is king. Thank you, I understand you a lot better now. Feel free to ignore my posts as well. :banana: :banana: :banana:
He was simply letting you know that you have come here and in a short time went out of your way to antagonize him. Not that his opinion's are any better than your's. You have now chosen the route of scorched earth instead of trying to work things out with one of the most respected members of the board.
I'm still happy to try to share with you and read what you have to say. I don't want to end up lumping you together with the only poster here I have on ignore.
What in the world are you talking about. Hes the one that said my opinion was basically worthless, and hes been here so long that I should know my place. And he can do no wrong in your book. Thats fine, we can all voice our opinions last time I checked.
JJBreaksRecords
Starter
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 11

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:24 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:10 am

If not a rant, then what? Or were you just spewing friendly criticism? :wallbang:
Yeah criticism given he doesnt know when to quit. Apparently you dont either. This all started because I threw optimism towards Patrick Jones due to what his COACH said (god forbid). Had nothing to do with either of you two. And then I got pulled over by the stat police. Given I chose to care very little about those stats, that drove him nuts and he kept pushing his point (not knowing when to quit). And now here I am being called out by the rant police. Seriously? You two are like children that whine when they dont get their way.

Regardless, I've been on this board for 10 years now. If you think I'm ranting (a term Stump came up with anytime I challenge his opinion) and you dont like it, guess what? You can foe me! I'm sorry but I'm not going to listen to a guy that's been on this board for 6 months come on and constantly try and criticize how I post. If you dont like it, ignore it. I'm done listening to it. It's exhausting. End of story.
We are the problem eh? Hows that work? I saw that all you did was argue with a guy that I agreed with, and you will probably agree with too after 2 more years of Cousins. I couldnt care less about the argument you two had, I didnt like the way you were handling it, and apparently getting away with it here on multiple threads. The majority of people I have talked too think re-signing Cousins afain was a bad team that would eventually hurt the team we love. Not who can win an argument.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 620

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:17 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:37 am
He was simply letting you know that you have come here and in a short time went out of your way to antagonize him. Not that his opinion's are any better than your's. You have now chosen the route of scorched earth instead of trying to work things out with one of the most respected members of the board.
I'm still happy to try to share with you and read what you have to say. I don't want to end up lumping you together with the only poster here I have on ignore.
What in the world are you talking about. Hes the one that said my opinion was basically worthless, and hes been here so long that I should know my place. And he can do no wrong in your book. Thats fine, we can all voice our opinions last time I checked.
Let's go back to what he said and see if he said your opinion was worthless. I didn't see it that way on first glance, but I'll double check.

Here it is.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to listen to a guy that's been on this board for 6 months come on and constantly try and criticize how I post.
He said he wasn't going to listen to you when you constantly try to criticize his posts. So considering the context that is very far from saying your opinion is worthless. He just doesn't want to hear you constantly putting him down.

Also I have had plenty of disagreements with PHP so since I'm always right :lol: :lol: :lol: he certainly can do wrong.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 620

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:23 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:24 am

Yeah criticism given he doesnt know when to quit. Apparently you dont either. This all started because I threw optimism towards Patrick Jones due to what his COACH said (god forbid). Had nothing to do with either of you two. And then I got pulled over by the stat police. Given I chose to care very little about those stats, that drove him nuts and he kept pushing his point (not knowing when to quit). And now here I am being called out by the rant police. Seriously? You two are like children that whine when they dont get their way.

Regardless, I've been on this board for 10 years now. If you think I'm ranting (a term Stump came up with anytime I challenge his opinion) and you dont like it, guess what? You can foe me! I'm sorry but I'm not going to listen to a guy that's been on this board for 6 months come on and constantly try and criticize how I post. If you dont like it, ignore it. I'm done listening to it. It's exhausting. End of story.
We are the problem eh? Hows that work? I saw that all you did was argue with a guy that I agreed with, and you will probably agree with too after 2 more years of Cousins. I couldnt care less about the argument you two had, I didnt like the way you were handling it, and apparently getting away with it here on multiple threads. The majority of people I have talked too think re-signing Cousins afain was a bad team that would eventually hurt the team we love. Not who can win an argument.
Regarding Stump being right I'm highly confident that the stats/facts disagree with him until he digs deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep to find the stats that do. However, even if he's right he is very hard to have a discussion/debate with because he debates IMO in bad faith. He's looking for any dirty trick he can use to try to WIN. He's not out to share and learn. If you go back in the posts he admitted he argues in bad faith. I'm kind of in the PHP fan club as I mostly agree with him and think he's a good guy. If you see Stump the same way you can be in his fan club.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:57 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:45 am

What do I need to let go? Again, you're late to the conversation. This post had to do with Davante Adams, not Patrick Jones. And above, Stump literally said "if Adams got the same contract from GB as he did LV, he'd still be in GB". That is 100000% wrong. He sat here and argued with people over it and then one person says, "Yeah Adams said location was a factor" and then Stump folds like a lawn chair.
That is a pretty large percentage, how did you calculate it?

You say I argued with "people" over it, yet I only responded to Kapp with my opinion of the situation. Who are these people I argued with?

Please note how I put quotes around a word you actually wrote instead of making one up out of thin air.
:deadhorse:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:08 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:17 pm

What in the world are you talking about. Hes the one that said my opinion was basically worthless, and hes been here so long that I should know my place. And he can do no wrong in your book. Thats fine, we can all voice our opinions last time I checked.
Let's go back to what he said and see if he said your opinion was worthless. I didn't see it that way on first glance, but I'll double check.

Here it is.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to listen to a guy that's been on this board for 6 months come on and constantly try and criticize how I post.
He said he wasn't going to listen to you when you constantly try to criticize his posts. So considering the context that is very far from saying your opinion is worthless. He just doesn't want to hear you constantly putting him down.

Also I have had plenty of disagreements with PHP so since I'm always right :lol: :lol: :lol: he certainly can do wrong.
Haha oh I certainly can do wrong I’ll admit that! And yeah never once said his opinion was worthless as you can clearly see. Just another guy that puts his own narrative on things.

As you can see he followed up with “he SAID my opinion was BASICALLY worthless”….uh no I didn’t? And that “he can do no wrong”. Nope didn’t say that either. That’s the definition of making your own assumptions and putting your own narratives behind things
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:17 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:23 pm

We are the problem eh? Hows that work? I saw that all you did was argue with a guy that I agreed with, and you will probably agree with too after 2 more years of Cousins. I couldnt care less about the argument you two had, I didnt like the way you were handling it, and apparently getting away with it here on multiple threads. The majority of people I have talked too think re-signing Cousins afain was a bad team that would eventually hurt the team we love. Not who can win an argument.
Regarding Stump being right I'm highly confident that the stats/facts disagree with him until he digs deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep to find the stats that do. However, even if he's right he is very hard to have a discussion/debate with because he debates IMO in bad faith. He's looking for any dirty trick he can use to try to WIN. He's not out to share and learn. If you go back in the posts he admitted he argues in bad faith. I'm kind of in the PHP fan club as I mostly agree with him and think he's a good guy. If you see Stump the same way you can be in his fan club.
This post is 100000% ( :wink: ) facts!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:23 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:24 am

Yeah criticism given he doesnt know when to quit. Apparently you dont either. This all started because I threw optimism towards Patrick Jones due to what his COACH said (god forbid). Had nothing to do with either of you two. And then I got pulled over by the stat police. Given I chose to care very little about those stats, that drove him nuts and he kept pushing his point (not knowing when to quit). And now here I am being called out by the rant police. Seriously? You two are like children that whine when they dont get their way.

Regardless, I've been on this board for 10 years now. If you think I'm ranting (a term Stump came up with anytime I challenge his opinion) and you dont like it, guess what? You can foe me! I'm sorry but I'm not going to listen to a guy that's been on this board for 6 months come on and constantly try and criticize how I post. If you dont like it, ignore it. I'm done listening to it. It's exhausting. End of story.
We are the problem eh? Hows that work? I saw that all you did was argue with a guy that I agreed with, and you will probably agree with too after 2 more years of Cousins. I couldnt care less about the argument you two had, I didnt like the way you were handling it, and apparently getting away with it here on multiple threads. The majority of people I have talked too think re-signing Cousins afain was a bad team that would eventually hurt the team we love. Not who can win an argument.
Didn’t like the way I was handling it? Because I came on here throwing optimism out on Patrick jones with something HIS COACH said, get hit by the stat police and I follow it up with not caring about his stats under a previous regime and I handled it badly? It should’ve been done there. But since I didn’t care about the stats posted, it turned into a blow out because he doesn’t know how to deal with someone that disagrees with him.

Or the fact that Davante Adams HIMSELF came out and said why he wanted out of GB (which was 10000% the opposite of what stump spoke on as if it were a fact). I handled that poorly too? Because I told him he was 10000% wrong.

In these two situations one guy sided with 1.) Patrick Jones’ coach Mike Smith’s OWN words and 2.) Davante Adams’ OWN words on why he wanted out of GB…..

The other sided with 1.) stats from a 99 snap rookie season under an old regime. 2.) their own personal opinion that they spoke on as if it were a fact.

I can tell you that one guy here is speaking on words that were actually said and the other is pulling things out of his as#. I’ll let you figure out who is who.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri