OTA's Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:58 am
StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm
Adam's wanted more money than GB could pay him. If they had offered him the contract the Raiders did he would still be in GB.
That’s false. Money was not the issue.

According to Matt Schneidman of The Athletic:
NFL Network reported that the Raiders and Adams have also agreed to terms on a five-year, $141.25 million contract ($28.5 million per year). According to sources, the Packers were willing to pay Adams as much, if not more, than the Raiders paid him.
Now it’s true that Adams and Carr are friends and ex-teammates at Fresno State. But apparently that trumps both money AND potential to win a Super Bowl.

So is it JUST a desire to play with his college teammate? Or could some (or much) of it have to do with Rodgers. According to one ex-NFL GM:
The guy's selfish. Teammates don't like him. Coaches don't like him. It's all about Aaron. They all deal with him, because he's a superstar. He helps guys make money and put food on the table for their kids, and people respect him for that.
This is the same Aaron Rodgers who once told 49ers cornerback Carlos Rodgers — in the middle of a game — that the Niners should try to acquire Greg Jennings, his own teammate. The same Rodgers that got Mike McCarthy fired and tried to get Brian Gutekunst fired.

The guy is one of the most talented quarterbacks to ever play the game. He’s also one of the biggest a$$holes. It’s not just Vikings fans who can’t stand him. In many cases, it’s his own teammates.
Hit the nail on the head Kapp. Rodgers is getting more and more exposed by the day. The one guy that made Davante Adams a superstar and Adams didnt even want to stay. There is WAY more to it than money and that couldnt be more clear. I can tell you it's eventually going to end ugly in GB with him. This isnt just your standard, "play out your final 4 years and retire a Packer" contract. He's going to make it difficult, you just know he is. And he's going to end up pointing the finger at them after a few years if they dont win a SB (which I dont believe they will).
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 580

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:58 am
StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm
Adam's wanted more money than GB could pay him. If they had offered him the contract the Raiders did he would still be in GB.
That’s false. Money was not the issue.

According to Matt Schneidman of The Athletic:
NFL Network reported that the Raiders and Adams have also agreed to terms on a five-year, $141.25 million contract ($28.5 million per year). According to sources, the Packers were willing to pay Adams as much, if not more, than the Raiders paid him.
Now it’s true that Adams and Carr are friends and ex-teammates at Fresno State. But apparently that trumps both money AND potential to win a Super Bowl.

So is it JUST a desire to play with his college teammate? Or could some (or much) of it have to do with Rodgers. According to one ex-NFL GM:
The guy's selfish. Teammates don't like him. Coaches don't like him. It's all about Aaron. They all deal with him, because he's a superstar. He helps guys make money and put food on the table for their kids, and people respect him for that.
This is the same Aaron Rodgers who once told 49ers cornerback Carlos Rodgers — in the middle of a game — that the Niners should try to acquire Greg Jennings, his own teammate. The same Rodgers that got Mike McCarthy fired and tried to get Brian Gutekunst fired.

The guy is one of the most talented quarterbacks to ever play the game. He’s also one of the biggest a$$holes. It’s not just Vikings fans who can’t stand him. In many cases, it’s his own teammates.
You aren't going to get me to argue about Rodgers being an a hole and even if money were the issue, which it appears the immediate contract wasn't, it would still be Rodger's fault the Packers didn't have that money.

I have said for years that if Rodgers played for any other team he would be considered the biggest #### in sports, but because he plays for the smallest pro sports market in the country, his antics are either ignored or downplayed as something they are not.

That doesn't mean Smith, who's contract was reworked in 2021 to pretty much guarantee he would be cut in 2022, got cut because he wanted out of GB. He got cut because the Packers didn't think he was worth what he was getting paid, and based on what he got on the open market, neither did the rest of the NFL. He could still be a quality starter, but it seems GMs, including our own, are not fully sold on him being back to his 2020 self.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:33 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:58 am
That’s false. Money was not the issue.

According to Matt Schneidman of The Athletic:



Now it’s true that Adams and Carr are friends and ex-teammates at Fresno State. But apparently that trumps both money AND potential to win a Super Bowl.

So is it JUST a desire to play with his college teammate? Or could some (or much) of it have to do with Rodgers. According to one ex-NFL GM:



This is the same Aaron Rodgers who once told 49ers cornerback Carlos Rodgers — in the middle of a game — that the Niners should try to acquire Greg Jennings, his own teammate. The same Rodgers that got Mike McCarthy fired and tried to get Brian Gutekunst fired.

The guy is one of the most talented quarterbacks to ever play the game. He’s also one of the biggest a$$holes. It’s not just Vikings fans who can’t stand him. In many cases, it’s his own teammates.
You aren't going to get me to argue about Rodgers being an a hole and even if money were the issue, which it appears the immediate contract wasn't, it would still be Rodger's fault the Packers didn't have that money.

I have said for years that if Rodgers played for any other team he would be considered the biggest #### in sports, but because he plays for the smallest pro sports market in the country, his antics are either ignored or downplayed as something they are not.

That doesn't mean Smith, who's contract was reworked in 2021 to pretty much guarantee he would be cut in 2022, got cut because he wanted out of GB. He got cut because the Packers didn't think he was worth what he was getting paid, and based on what he got on the open market, neither did the rest of the NFL. He could still be a quality starter, but it seems GMs, including our own, are not fully sold on him being back to his 2020 self.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... conversion

Smith was unhappy going into the season last year I remember. Sure he was still there another year. But by the sounds of it that relationship was pretty fractured
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 580

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:58 am
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:33 am
You aren't going to get me to argue about Rodgers being an a hole and even if money were the issue, which it appears the immediate contract wasn't, it would still be Rodger's fault the Packers didn't have that money.

I have said for years that if Rodgers played for any other team he would be considered the biggest #### in sports, but because he plays for the smallest pro sports market in the country, his antics are either ignored or downplayed as something they are not.

That doesn't mean Smith, who's contract was reworked in 2021 to pretty much guarantee he would be cut in 2022, got cut because he wanted out of GB. He got cut because the Packers didn't think he was worth what he was getting paid, and based on what he got on the open market, neither did the rest of the NFL. He could still be a quality starter, but it seems GMs, including our own, are not fully sold on him being back to his 2020 self.
Smith was unhappy going into the season last year I remember. Sure he was still there another year. But by the sounds of it that relationship was pretty fractured
Yes, he was unhappy the Packers restructured his contract to where he was pretty much guaranteed to be cut in 2022.
makila
Veteran
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:43 pm
x 74

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by makila »

Did you guys read the quote I posted from Adams directly numerous pages back where he confirmed the pack offered more and geographic location played a lot into his decision?

The quote from the guy directly.

Just curious. ; )
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

makila wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:15 am Did you guys read the quote I posted from Adams directly numerous pages back where he confirmed the pack offered more and geographic location played a lot into his decision?

The quote from the guy directly.

Just curious. ; )
Sure did! lol When it's coming directly from the source, you cant get much more confirmation than that.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 620

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

makila wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:15 am Did you guys read the quote I posted from Adams directly numerous pages back where he confirmed the pack offered more and geographic location played a lot into his decision?

The quote from the guy directly.

Just curious. ; )
I saw that, but others are claiming that the Packers tried to low ball him on the contract. Which is the truth?
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJBreaksRecords
Starter
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 11

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:50 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:05 am

You just ranted right here. Why cant you see that. You don't care what players did last year? For any player? Really? How about years before? You just go on your emotional gut feelings about someone and base that as a fact? One thing that fans do base what they feel about players progress is what they have done the years before. And you think Stump stirs up the pot because he calls you out when you're wrong about something (maybe in his mind, mostly not). How dare he question you. :spanking:
Uh no I dont care what a ROOKIE did in a measly 99 snaps under a STUBBORN coaching staff that is NO longer here. I care about what he does under this staff. Make sense?

How did I base my "gut feeling" (in other words, what MIKE SMITH said, not PHP) as a fact? I literally said in my original post that he was, and I quote, "a player to keep an eye on" and that "I hope he gets an opportunity this year". Where was I stating anything as a fact? Are you going to start making up your own narratives too?

And Stump called me out for being wrong? Wrong about what? AGAIN, I literally said he was "a player to keep an eye on" and "I hope he got an opportunity this year". I guess that's "wrong" to think? It's only wrong when Stump puts his own twist on it.

This is what happens when you follow people that make up their own assumptions and narratives. You look as foolish as they do.

.....oh wait, I just addressed each one of your points...must've been a "rant" :roll:
If not a rant, then what? Or were you just spewing friendly criticism? :wallbang:
JJBreaksRecords
Starter
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 11

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:04 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:57 am
He also talked about how this was more than just a decision about making money with the current contract and was thinking of the next one. So still a little about the money, but it does appear he preferred LV over GB for the reasons you stated.

Do any of those things, money, weather, or family hold true for Smith?
I’m confused. All it took was Cliff saying he preferred LV due to the location to pull you away from what you were arguing with Kapp which was if Adams received the same contract from GB, he’d still be in GB? :confused:
Why is it so hard for you to jst let it go? You write like your opinion is so much better than Stumps, why do you just let it go.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:10 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:50 am

Uh no I dont care what a ROOKIE did in a measly 99 snaps under a STUBBORN coaching staff that is NO longer here. I care about what he does under this staff. Make sense?

How did I base my "gut feeling" (in other words, what MIKE SMITH said, not PHP) as a fact? I literally said in my original post that he was, and I quote, "a player to keep an eye on" and that "I hope he gets an opportunity this year". Where was I stating anything as a fact? Are you going to start making up your own narratives too?

And Stump called me out for being wrong? Wrong about what? AGAIN, I literally said he was "a player to keep an eye on" and "I hope he got an opportunity this year". I guess that's "wrong" to think? It's only wrong when Stump puts his own twist on it.

This is what happens when you follow people that make up their own assumptions and narratives. You look as foolish as they do.

.....oh wait, I just addressed each one of your points...must've been a "rant" :roll:
If not a rant, then what? Or were you just spewing friendly criticism? :wallbang:
Yeah criticism given he doesnt know when to quit. Apparently you dont either. This all started because I threw optimism towards Patrick Jones due to what his COACH said (god forbid). Had nothing to do with either of you two. And then I got pulled over by the stat police. Given I chose to care very little about those stats, that drove him nuts and he kept pushing his point (not knowing when to quit). And now here I am being called out by the rant police. Seriously? You two are like children that whine when they dont get their way.

Regardless, I've been on this board for 10 years now. If you think I'm ranting (a term Stump came up with anytime I challenge his opinion) and you dont like it, guess what? You can foe me! I'm sorry but I'm not going to listen to a guy that's been on this board for 6 months come on and constantly try and criticize how I post. If you dont like it, ignore it. I'm done listening to it. It's exhausting. End of story.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 620

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:17 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:04 pm

I’m confused. All it took was Cliff saying he preferred LV due to the location to pull you away from what you were arguing with Kapp which was if Adams received the same contract from GB, he’d still be in GB? :confused:
Why is it so hard for you to jst let it go? You write like your opinion is so much better than Stumps, why do you just let it go.
He doesn't let it go because Stump has a way of getting under peoples skin. I personally think PHP's opinion is so much better than Stump's. I used to not let it go with Stump either until I realized it was counterproductive to discuss anything with him. Also when you use the word spewing that is very inflammatory. If you don't want to piss somebody off use the word sharing. You seem to like Stump and tend to agree with him.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJBreaksRecords
Starter
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 11

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:24 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:10 am

If not a rant, then what? Or were you just spewing friendly criticism? :wallbang:
Yeah criticism given he doesnt know when to quit. Apparently you dont either. Regardless, I've been on this board for 10 years now. If you think I'm ranting (a term Stump came up with anytime I challenge his opinion) and you dont like it, guess what? You can foe me! I'm sorry but I'm not going to listen to a guy that's been on this board for 6 months come on and constantly try and criticize how I post. If you dont like it, ignore it. End of story.
Ahh, so a guy thats only been on the board a short time isnt squat, but one such as yourself, who has been on it for a whole 10 years knows everything, and shouldnt be challenged is king. Thank you, I understand you a lot better now. Feel free to ignore my posts as well. :banana: :banana: :banana:
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 620

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:34 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:24 am

Yeah criticism given he doesnt know when to quit. Apparently you dont either. Regardless, I've been on this board for 10 years now. If you think I'm ranting (a term Stump came up with anytime I challenge his opinion) and you dont like it, guess what? You can foe me! I'm sorry but I'm not going to listen to a guy that's been on this board for 6 months come on and constantly try and criticize how I post. If you dont like it, ignore it. End of story.
Ahh, so a guy thats only been on the board a short time isnt squat, but one such as yourself, who has been on it for a whole 10 years knows everything, and shouldnt be challenged is king. Thank you, I understand you a lot better now. Feel free to ignore my posts as well. :banana: :banana: :banana:
He was simply letting you know that you have come here and in a short time went out of your way to antagonize him. Not that his opinion's are any better than your's. You have now chosen the route of scorched earth instead of trying to work things out with one of the most respected members of the board.
I'm still happy to try to share with you and read what you have to say. I don't want to end up lumping you together with the only poster here I have on ignore.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:17 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:04 pm

I’m confused. All it took was Cliff saying he preferred LV due to the location to pull you away from what you were arguing with Kapp which was if Adams received the same contract from GB, he’d still be in GB? :confused:
Why is it so hard for you to jst let it go? You write like your opinion is so much better than Stumps, why do you just let it go.
What do I need to let go? Again, you're late to the conversation. This post had to do with Davante Adams, not Patrick Jones. And above, Stump literally said "if Adams got the same contract from GB as he did LV, he'd still be in GB". That is 100000% wrong. He sat here and argued with people over it and then one person says, "Yeah Adams said location was a factor" and then Stump folds like a lawn chair.

I'm sorry but if he is going to constantly come on here and stir the pot, then he can get called out for it. He comes on here, stirs the pot, throws insults at people who dont have the same view as him, gets proved wrong, is called to the table for it and here you come to the rescue. He made his bed with a lot of people on this board. Now he can lay in it.

Think about it, I threw OPTIMISM at Patrick Jones....look what it turned into. Kapp says Adams wanted out of GB.... look what it turned into. But I should let it go..... ok. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you go telling anyone to do anything.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:37 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:34 am

Ahh, so a guy thats only been on the board a short time isnt squat, but one such as yourself, who has been on it for a whole 10 years knows everything, and shouldnt be challenged is king. Thank you, I understand you a lot better now. Feel free to ignore my posts as well. :banana: :banana: :banana:
He was simply letting you know that you have come here and in a short time went out of your way to antagonize him. Not that his opinion's are any better than your's. You have now chosen the route of scorched earth instead of trying to work things out with one of the most respected members of the board.
I'm still happy to try to share with you and read what you have to say. I don't want to end up lumping you together with the only poster here I have on ignore.
Exactly that. Amazing that some can explain exactly what I'm saying and exactly the point I'm getting across but others want to twist it around into their own narratives and put words in my mouth
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri