OTA's Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:45 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:05 pm

:lol: Awww come on now. Let's not get too childish here Stump. Take your criticism and take a walk
Lol, what?

You might be the least self aware human being I have ever interacted with.
Ha, if you define that as a rant, I'm not sure what to tell you. You tend to call people out for ranting when they disagree with your take. That's not ranting. People are allowed to disagree with you. Your word is not the end-all-be-all. I repeat, I dont care about your stats and dont care about what he did last year. New year, new regime, new culture and a new coach talking him up when he didnt have to. That's all I care about. Period.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:52 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:05 pm

:lol: Awww come on now. Let's not get too childish here Stump. Take your criticism and take a walk
And you should do the same.
The partner in crime to the rescue
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:20 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:45 pm
Lol, what?

You might be the least self aware human being I have ever interacted with.
Ha, if you define that as a rant, I'm not sure what to tell you. You tend to call people out for ranting when they disagree with your take.
Can you give some examples outside of me calling your rants, rants?

Very few people go on the tirades you do when someone puts them in a box.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:03 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:20 am

Ha, if you define that as a rant, I'm not sure what to tell you. You tend to call people out for ranting when they disagree with your take.

Put me in a box? Let me tell you how this just went....

1.) I brought up Patrick Jones and how our new LB coach was impressed with him.
2.) Which brought on the Stump Stat Police (where part of me believes you came at me with that stat to undermine my write up of him last year and to try and prove I didnt know what I was talking about. Again...weak)
3.) I then told you I didnt care about his stats from last year, that there was a new regime here, new culture and a new coach now talking him up about the exact thing I initially did when he was drafted...his get-off.
4.) You somehow labeled that^ as a "rant" and continued trying to battle me and made up your own narrative about what I was saying.

Point is, the whole thing should of been over with at #3 when I told you I didnt care about his stats from last year. But you dont know when to stop when someone disagrees with your almighty opinion. You have to keep going and going and going and make up your own narratives to try and "embarrass" someone or prove someone wrong. When in the end, you literally get nowhere other than carrying on unnecessary argument. I repeat, I DONT CARE WHAT PATRICK JONES DID UNDER MIKE ZIMMER. You see that? Good because I'm done.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:56 pm

2.) Which brought on the Stump Stat Police (where part of me believes you came at me with that stat to undermine my write up of him last year and to try and prove I didnt know what I was talking about. Again...weak)
3.) I then told you I didnt care about his stats from last year, that there was a new regime here, new culture and a new coach now talking him up about the exact thing I initially did when he was drafted...his get-off.
4.) You somehow labeled that^ as a "rant" and continued trying to battle me and made up your own narrative about what I was saying.

Point is, the whole thing should of been over with at #3 when I told you I didnt care about his stats from last year. But you dont know when to stop when someone disagrees with your almighty opinion. You have to keep going and going and going and make up your own narratives to try and "embarrass" someone or prove someone wrong. When in the end, you literally get nowhere other than carrying on unnecessary argument. I repeat, I DONT CARE WHAT PATRICK JONES DID UNDER MIKE ZIMMER. You see that? Good because I'm done.
Yep, no ranting here.

And just for the record, if you wrote something up on Jones last year I don't remember it. My post had nothing to do with your past takes, but on the reality of what happened last season.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

You just ranted right here. Why cant you see that. You don't care what players did last year? For any player? Really? How about years before? You just go on your emotional gut feelings about someone and base that as a fact? One thing that fans do base what they feel about players progress is what they have done the years before. And you think Stump stirs up the pot because he calls you out when you're wrong about something (maybe in his mind, mostly not). How dare he question you. :spanking:
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:17 am One guy to keep an eye on is Patrick Jones this year. I was a huge fan of his coming out last year and said his get-off reminded me a lot of Everson. Judd Zulgad reported yesterday that Jones is running a lot with the starters as the 7th piece in that front 7. Coach Mike Smith came out yesterday and said Jones has the best get-off of anyone on the DL. I was pushing for him to get more playing time last year. I really hope he gets his opportunity this year.
Interesting thanks for the info PHP. Did Smith say he views Jones as more of an OLB or a fist in the dirt DE? If DE I wonder if they will ask him to add a little weight….

It will be interesting to see how a lot of these guys fit into this new system!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:41 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:38 am
He could have signed with them after being cut or he could have restructured before being cut. He left that crappy town of his own accord.
You both win. Smith chose to be cut and miss out on millions so he could leave a team that has been in the NFCCG two of the last 3 seasons. Very logical.
Davante Adams wanted out. He also said just this week that Derek Carr is as talented as Aaron Rodgers. An eyebrow-raiser, for sure, but it speaks to what the problem may be.

I'm speculating here, but maybe guys want out of Green Bay because of the continuous Rodgers soap opera. We can go back to Greg Jennings and probably before that, but for whatever reason, there have been plenty of guys who have left Green Bay of their own accord.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:23 am

You both win. Smith chose to be cut and miss out on millions so he could leave a team that has been in the NFCCG two of the last 3 seasons. Very logical.
Davante Adams wanted out. He also said just this week that Derek Carr is as talented as Aaron Rodgers. An eyebrow-raiser, for sure, but it speaks to what the problem may be.

I'm speculating here, but maybe guys want out of Green Bay because of the continuous Rodgers soap opera. We can go back to Greg Jennings and probably before that, but for whatever reason, there have been plenty of guys who have left Green Bay of their own accord.
Adam's wanted more money than GB could pay him. If they had offered him the contract the Raiders did he would still be in GB.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Smith was cut because he got too expensive considering the injury status. I'm CERTAIN that the Packers would have loved to keep him at a lower price. Zero doubt in my mind over that. Z chose not to renegotiate. The choice was his. He left of his own accord.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Adams and Carr were teammates in college and had success. Beyond that it provides no benefit if he said Rodgers is a better QB which he is. The Packers didn't want to give Adams a long term deal and he refused to play on the franchise tag so they traded him. Money talks and there are many listeners. Carr is 57-70 as a starter and has only thrown more than 30 TDs once in his career. That cost 40 mill a year. Looks like Adams is chasing the green back and not the Super Bowl. I can't fault the guy for that. He'd like to win like all athletes but money pays the bills.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

“You guys have heard, ‘Green Bay offered this (much money),’ which was higher (than the Raiders offer) and all of that. And, yeah, I’ll say it: It was true,” Adams said. “But, like I said, there’s much more that goes into it. And family was a big part of it for me, so being geographically here makes it a lot easier for me to stay connected to my family year round. This isn’t Year 2 or I’m not necessarily trying to fight for a job or anything like that to where you gotta do what you gotta do.

“I had the choice and the choice was for me to come here and raise my family on the West Coast and come out here and have some fun in the sun.”

https://theathletic.com/3357997/2022/06 ... ed-article
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:26 pm

Yep, no ranting here.

And just for the record, if you wrote something up on Jones last year I don't remember it. My post had nothing to do with your past takes, but on the reality of what happened last season.
:lol: :lol: ok so I guess anything over a few sentences is going to be considered a "rant" every time with you. That's going to be what you run to every time I disagree with your opinion.

Not sure how that's a "rant" in any way when I literally just explained how that situation just went step by step. No ranting, just facts of what happened. You continue to ignore or acknowledge that you make up your own narratives and go off assumptions when someone disagrees with you. But you call it a "rant". Not a rant, just stop putting words in peoples mouths that they dont say! You literally do it all the time.

Notice how VikingsPaul73 responded to my post above? Like a normal fan would. But with you and your PIC, any little optimistic thing I say is going to get called out by the stat police and/or rant police now? I forgot I'm suppose to follow "your" rules when I post....
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:05 am

You just ranted right here. Why cant you see that. You don't care what players did last year? For any player? Really? How about years before? You just go on your emotional gut feelings about someone and base that as a fact? One thing that fans do base what they feel about players progress is what they have done the years before. And you think Stump stirs up the pot because he calls you out when you're wrong about something (maybe in his mind, mostly not). How dare he question you. :spanking:
Uh no I dont care what a ROOKIE did in a measly 99 snaps under a STUBBORN coaching staff that is NO longer here. I care about what he does under this staff. Make sense?

How did I base my "gut feeling" (in other words, what MIKE SMITH said, not PHP) as a fact? I literally said in my original post that he was, and I quote, "a player to keep an eye on" and that "I hope he gets an opportunity this year". Where was I stating anything as a fact? Are you going to start making up your own narratives too?

And Stump called me out for being wrong? Wrong about what? AGAIN, I literally said he was "a player to keep an eye on" and "I hope he got an opportunity this year". I guess that's "wrong" to think? It's only wrong when Stump puts his own twist on it.

This is what happens when you follow people that make up their own assumptions and narratives. You look as foolish as they do.

.....oh wait, I just addressed each one of your points...must've been a "rant" :roll:
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:25 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:17 am One guy to keep an eye on is Patrick Jones this year. I was a huge fan of his coming out last year and said his get-off reminded me a lot of Everson. Judd Zulgad reported yesterday that Jones is running a lot with the starters as the 7th piece in that front 7. Coach Mike Smith came out yesterday and said Jones has the best get-off of anyone on the DL. I was pushing for him to get more playing time last year. I really hope he gets his opportunity this year.
Interesting thanks for the info PHP. Did Smith say he views Jones as more of an OLB or a fist in the dirt DE? If DE I wonder if they will ask him to add a little weight….

It will be interesting to see how a lot of these guys fit into this new system!!
You're welcome VP73! He did not say if he would stand up or play in the dirt. By the sounds of how he's talked about Hunter, II'm guessing many of our former "4-3 DEs" will be interchangeable by the looks of it. Should throw a lot of confusion at opposing offenses. Something to look out for!
-Chazz Palminteri