2022 schedule

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2022 schedule

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:36 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:44 pm

This video is very worth watching. It gives a clear indication that they were targeting Cine from the get go and thought they could get him at 32.
Texas Vike post from Minnesota Vikings don't work on our site. Can you give the name of this one so I can find it?
Oh boy. Maybe I'm just becoming a curmudgeon, but these lightweights have disaster written all over them.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:33 pm

The bye week sucks, Bears and Packers get bye weeks in week 14 :wallbang:
We could have easily had the bye in week 5 after London. 7 is better.
No, the bye week still sucks. Could haves, would haves, mean nothing. It sucks. I dont expect much from the Vikings this year, but little things are already effecting them in a bad way doesnt help our cause.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:22 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 pm
We could have easily had the bye in week 5 after London. 7 is better.
No, the bye week still sucks. Could haves, would haves, mean nothing. It sucks. I dont expect much from the Vikings this year, but little things are already effecting them in a bad way doesnt help our cause.
To me the only thing that really sucks is getting the bears after being jetlagged. However, they are the Bears so we should be OK.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:00 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:36 pm
Texas Vike post from Minnesota Vikings don't work on our site. Can you give the name of this one so I can find it?
Oh boy. Maybe I'm just becoming a curmudgeon, but these lightweights have disaster written all over them.
Only lightweight I see in the entire draft is Asamoah. Cine could use 10 more pounds, but at his height and build he can add that easy.
Maybe Ingram could use 10 more pounds, but it seems his anchor is good.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:01 am
fiestavike wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:00 am

Only lightweight I see in the entire draft is Asamoah. Cine could use 10 more pounds, but at his height and build he can add that easy.
The majority of the guys are 21,22 years old. I could see them adding a few more pounds, but not at the expense of losing their great asset of speed. Cine has great length, so adding some weight should not be difficult. Plus with the guys getting prepared for the combine, pro days, etc. plus it all happened after their season when they are as light as possible, it should not take long to add a few pounds. Get them in the NFL strength and conditioning rooms and watch their bodies transform even more.
Btw, FiestaVike, you are becoming a "curmudgeon" :lol:
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

"To me the only thing that really sucks is getting the bears after being jetlagged. However, they are the Bears so we should be OK." V.V.

The bears are improved (not as much as the Vikings though, I dont think) but its outside in the freezing cold yet again. Why does it seem like we get most of the Cold game sites, in the division every year? :wallbang:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 am "To me the only thing that really sucks is getting the bears after being jetlagged. However, they are the Bears so we should be OK." V.V.

The bears are improved (not as much as the Vikings though, I dont think) but its outside in the freezing cold yet again. Why does it seem like we get most of the Cold game sites, in the division every year? :wallbang:
The Bears game after the London trip is at US Bank. I already commented on how idiotic the NFL is for scheduling the Vikings at home for the good weather games with Chicago and the Pukers and having the bad weather games outdoors on the road last two weeks of the season dead in the heart of winter. WTF is wrong with those schedule makers?
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:01 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 am "To me the only thing that really sucks is getting the bears after being jetlagged. However, they are the Bears so we should be OK." V.V.

The Bears game after the London trip is at US Bank. I already commented on how idiotic the NFL is for scheduling the Vikings at home for the good weather games with Chicago and the Pukers and having the bad weather games outdoors on the road last two weeks of the season dead in the heart of winter. WTF is wrong with those schedule makers?
Very good question, since its happened for many years. Why cant the Rams, SF, Cardinals, ETC get the bears and Packers in Dec.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:15 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:01 am
Very good question, since its happened for many years. Why cant the Rams, SF, Cardinals, ETC get the bears and Packers in Dec.
Or do the thing that makes sense and have the Vikings play at them in September or October and them play here December and January.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Fri May 13, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Texas Vike wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:43 pm It's a question of whether you let the fear of that outcome coming to fruition keep you from considering trades in your division. I don't deny that it could become a story that fans and media use to criticize him. What I'm saying is that I like that he's not afraid to let it rip. In all aspects of life and in all cultures throughout human history there are elements of folklore--the way elders have done things. There is always a good reason for folklore to exist. But there are also silly, irrational superstitions that the numbers / data just don't support. To me, it's refreshing that he's going for it.
I guess we'll see if there is a good reason...
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:02 pm By your choice of words, your assumption appears to be that Kwesi has to prove he wasn’t wrong. As if the best he could do was to not get fleeced.

But isn’t it also possible that he fleeced those teams with whom he traded?

The choice seems to be that he was either very wrong or he wasn’t. Not that he was right. But at this point, we don’t know how any of these players will turn out. So isn’t there also a possibility that the players the Vikings drafted will torment the Lions and Packers?
If you have an idea that you sell as a better way to do things or accomplish a desired result, I think the burden is on you to prove it.

KAM could be right. While I personally doubt he is or was, he may very well be, and he'll get early and frequent on-field tests of his theory for all to see as well as twice-yearly ongoing tests of it for at least the next 3-4 seasons while all the players involved mature.

I guess I'm just jaded at this point and not as willing to focus on the most optimistic possible outcome. Sure, KAM might be a genius who has discovered a new Moneyball approach to stocking up a pro team roster in the draft. He might have swindled both the Packers and Lions. If that is the case, I'll be pleasantly surprised and super happy the Vikes snagged him before another team managed to.

But as much as I'd like to believe that, I know my gut reaction to the early moves he made was not positive. I feel like he didn't get enough in the first trade, and while he might have gotten enough in the 2nd in absolute compensation terms, giving the team that has won the North for what, the last 3 or 4 years running (I'm actually losing count now, as sad as that is since it's now a regular result) the one thing they were missing after trading Adams, doesn't seem smart to me no matter what the Vikings got in return for it. Packers could still have gotten the WR they wanted even if the Vikings didn't do that trade with them, but since KAM did do it, he's going to be associated with the outcome.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Meh. There's no reason to not be optimistic, it'll make week 1 more enjoyable at least.

If you can't take the disappointment of a completely new Vikings regime losing when you thought/hoped they would win, you haven't been a Vikings fan long enough :banana:
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

IIsweet wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:35 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:01 am
The majority of the guys are 21,22 years old. I could see them adding a few more pounds, but not at the expense of losing their great asset of speed. Cine has great length, so adding some weight should not be difficult. Plus with the guys getting prepared for the combine, pro days, etc. plus it all happened after their season when they are as light as possible, it should not take long to add a few pounds. Get them in the NFL strength and conditioning rooms and watch their bodies transform even more.
Btw, FiestaVike, you are becoming a "curmudgeon" :lol:
And here I thought the OP was referring to KAM and KOC being the "lightweights" :D
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Cliff wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:20 pm If you can't take the disappointment of a completely new Vikings regime losing when you thought/hoped they would win, you haven't been a Vikings fan long enough :banana:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

VikingLord wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:52 pm If you have an idea that you sell as a better way to do things or accomplish a desired result, I think the burden is on you to prove it.
I get you did not like the moves, and you have just as much of a chance to be right as anyone else.

But it's not like KAM broke entirely new ground here. I'm not convinced he's trying to "sell a better way of doing things" by trading twice in the division. He simply does not place the sanctimonious label on avoiding such trades. And boy do folks place a lot of angst on the "we have to play this guy two times per season". Geez that's maybe one game more than if we traded with a dozen other teams - if our hopes and dreams boil down to not being able to handle one player in one (additional) game, we probably aren't going anywhere anyways.

And I doubt KAM went into the draft specifically to pull inter-divisional deals off to show everyone what's what. He simply decided if they came up he wouldn't dismiss them as long as he thought we'd get the better of the deal.

You are correct saying only time will tell with these specific players, but even then if it does not pan out to our advantage that hardly states what he did should remain forbidden. It simply says their players worked out better than ours. And OBTW all teams still have to coach up players and scheme for them in order for there to be success. I know fans love to simply equate: "if Hamilton was a beast over there he would have been a beast here". But reality says that is not really the way it works.

I mean if Za'Darius wreaks havoc in game one, is the GB front office a bunch of buffoons?

The big picture really should just be whether our drafting prowess ends up above average over time. Because for all the fretting over how we acquired picks and what we gave away, at the end of the day it all depends on the players chosen along with how we coach them up. In fact I'd say it's 95% who we select and how we coach, and 5% how we got the picks to select those players.

I fully expect us to "win some" of these trades and "lose some". That would be about what all drafts since the beginning of time look like.

For me, the real barometer is whether KAM is our GM in say four years. If he's not, he obviously failed and his methods were suspect. Until then, I'll stay as optimistic as I can for at least the full upcoming season.