Joseph has competition

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Joseph has competition

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:56 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:17 pm

Oh I think it’s definitely a better atmosphere but Joseph actually has a coach now (KOC as well as Daniels) that I still confidence in him. Which is huge for that position. Matt Daniels has been CONSTANTLY tooting Joseph’s horn. And look at the difference it makes. Not the grump as# coach we had before that probably never once walked into a special teams meeting.

And this doesn’t just go for Joseph. This goes for the whole team. I think the Vikings will be a really solid team this year. And I think a huge part of that has to do with the culture that KOC is bringing in. He’s allowing players to play loose and have fun.

I mean look at what Kris Boyd said about the zimmer regime. How their as#holes were so tight non stop. Zimmer lost the team. Most games they won the last few years were due to talent alone. No matter how bad the coach is on this team, they will still get 7-8 wins simply off talent. Now we have a guy here that can get through to players. Can easily make players enjoy playing for him. I can’t stress how massive that is. I’ve coached for 10 years. When everyone is buying into what you’re doing, you’re bound to have success.
I'm hoping change at GM and HC will bring good this year and maybe it will. I haven't seen anything positive yet that I sit back and say wow I never saw a move like that. The Lions took it to him on draft night. Kewsi basically hit the repeat button and that has proven to be ineffective at building a solid roster. We have the same holes now that we had last year. You can't improve like that. SF dominated us at the point in practices. Their backups dominated our backups in preseason. You can't compete like that. Everything starts up front. All of this should have been handled months ago. Now everything is focused on some stupid backup QB. I don't care about that. I care about having a junk center and question marks still at RG and LT. That will be our offensive problem again. Once we face a 49er type team it won't be good. The bad teams sure we will be ok. Bringing a new culture won't turn some stiff player into a stud. It's not that easy.
You haven’t seen anything positive because you’re not looking for anything positive. You saw Kwesi trade away our #12 pick, you disagreed with that move, and so in your eyes he can’t do anything right.

Let’s start with Jameson Williams, the guy Detroit took at 12. He hasn’t played a single snap for the Lions — not in OTAs, not in mini camp, not in training camp. He is not expected to play at all during the first half of the season, and the Vikings were never going to take him at 12. So Detroit didn’t take it to anybody.

At 12, I’ll assume you would have been happy if the Vikings had taken Kyle Hamilton. Instead, we took a pretty darned good safety in Lewis Cine and got 2 more picks in return. Disagree with it all you want, but that’s far from “haven’t seen anything positive yet.”

We are not hurting at LT. People are already comparing Christian Darrisaw to Trent Williams. But you don’t see that because you hated the pick in 2021. You wanted Mac Jones. You see RG as a problem … Ed Ingram came in this year’s draft, which you hated. See the pattern here? The Vikings draft a different guy than you want, so you call him a stiff or a problem.

And by most accounts, the Vikings owned the 49ers during their joint practice. Multiple 49ers have been quoted as saying they wish they hadn’t even come to Minnesota. You found a video showing the 49ers dominating. Good for you. I can point to about 15 that show the opposite. But honestly, it doesn’t matter. Either way, joint practices and preseason don’t mean a thing. Baltimore has won 25 straight preseason games. That’s like being the best surfer in Nebraska. Who cares?

Finally, you’re right … culture won’t turn a stiff into a good player. But it helps every player reach his best, whatever that is. I’ll take that over the Zimmer culture any day.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Joseph has competition

Post by VikingsVictorious »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:21 am
CharVike wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:56 am
I'm hoping change at GM and HC will bring good this year and maybe it will. I haven't seen anything positive yet that I sit back and say wow I never saw a move like that. The Lions took it to him on draft night. Kewsi basically hit the repeat button and that has proven to be ineffective at building a solid roster. We have the same holes now that we had last year. You can't improve like that. SF dominated us at the point in practices. Their backups dominated our backups in preseason. You can't compete like that. Everything starts up front. All of this should have been handled months ago. Now everything is focused on some stupid backup QB. I don't care about that. I care about having a junk center and question marks still at RG and LT. That will be our offensive problem again. Once we face a 49er type team it won't be good. The bad teams sure we will be ok. Bringing a new culture won't turn some stiff player into a stud. It's not that easy.
You haven’t seen anything positive because you’re not looking for anything positive. You saw Kwesi trade away our #12 pick, you disagreed with that move, and so in your eyes he can’t do anything right.

Let’s start with Jameson Williams, the guy Detroit took at 12. He hasn’t played a single snap for the Lions — not in OTAs, not in mini camp, not in training camp. He is not expected to play at all during the first half of the season, and the Vikings were never going to take him at 12. So Detroit didn’t take it to anybody.

At 12, I’ll assume you would have been happy if the Vikings had taken Kyle Hamilton. Instead, we took a pretty darned good safety in Lewis Cine and got 2 more picks in return. Disagree with it all you want, but that’s far from “haven’t seen anything positive yet.”

We are not hurting at LT. People are already comparing Christian Darrisaw to Trent Williams. But you don’t see that because you hated the pick in 2021. You wanted Mac Jones. You see RG as a problem … Ed Ingram came in this year’s draft, which you hated. See the pattern here? The Vikings draft a different guy than you want, so you call him a stiff or a problem.

And by most accounts, the Vikings owned the 49ers during their joint practice. Multiple 49ers have been quoted as saying they wish they hadn’t even come to Minnesota. You found a video showing the 49ers dominating. Good for you. I can point to about 15 that show the opposite. But honestly, it doesn’t matter. Either way, joint practices and preseason don’t mean a thing. Baltimore has won 25 straight preseason games. That’s like being the best surfer in Nebraska. Who cares?

Finally, you’re right … culture won’t turn a stiff into a good player. But it helps every player reach his best, whatever that is. I’ll take that over the Zimmer culture any day.
You did a great job at picking holes in CharVikes reasoning. He's kind of acting like the old man yelling at the kids to stay off his lawn. Char Vikes I actually like you and a lot of what you have to say, but you need to lighten up Francis. :D