Top Tier QB's

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:35 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:37 pm
I'm sure every team in the NFL considered that possibility and the answer was they saw no possibility of him being an impact player.
Exactly. DESPERATE QB teams like Seattle passed on him multiple times. There were other teams that could've used him and passed. There was a reason for that.
General manager John Schneider previously downplayed the ability of this year's rookie QB class to excel in the pros. Not only that, but Seattle believed Liberty's Malik Willis, a dual threat frequently linked to them as a potential Wilson successor, was "nowhere near NFL-ready," according to ESPN.
Willis is more media creation than anything else. It's a story to write about. It gets a click. Willis was at Auburn and couldn't win the job. He never was going to win it so he went to any college to play. I would never pick a player at 12 with that background. There were some top prospects sitting at 12.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm
VikingLord wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:23 pm

I can understand your take on it, and I agree that the main thing that held the Vikings back last year (and probably the last 2 years) was more the defense than Cousins or the offense. If the defense improves and Cousins plays the same, I'd agree with you the Vikings should be a 10 win team and make the playoffs.

Just not convinced Cousins is a guy who gets them over the hump. He seems to lack that moxie or leadership factor. Not sure Stafford had that when he was with the Lions, so the change of scenery was probably a good thing for him (in addition to being on a better team overall). The only change of scenery for Cousins is a new head coach. Maybe that will be enough to finally get Cousins over the hump.
Good post. I disagree that Cousins doesn't have the Moxie or Leadership is my only contention.
Many terms are thrown around Cousins. Moxie is courage and determination. I'm sure there are things Kirk is scared of but I think all these NFL players have courage. A timid afraid to get hit person would never make it this far. Determination. If he had no determination he never would be in the NFL. I think he was determined to make it. He played in college for some reason. Maybe he likes the competition? Wait I have heard he's not a competitor. He just played in college to fill in the time I guess.
Maybe the new HC will get every player to get over the hump. Wouldn't that be fantastic. Our D would be better than the 85 Bears. We would never miss a FG, throw a bad pass, drop the ball or miss an inside the 20 punt. Every hand off would be 5+ yards. It would be to easy for us. It don't work that way. Over the hump? Our humps are the D sucks, our OL sucks and our ST needs help. Have those humps been fixed yet?
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

Mahomes - The Chiefs did a masterful job of building their OL. Our team has been trying to fix the OL for a long time. Here is what the Cheifs did and hopefully the genius was watching. They threw the entire starting 5 in the garbage and started with a clean slate. That takes balls. Plus they didn't rely on one source like the draft to rebuild. They used almost every possible tool in the box. FA - Thuney G, Trade - Brown LT, Promotion Niang G, Draft Humprey, Smith. This took 1 off season. Humprey 320, Smith 329 Brown 344. Niang 339. That's 4 monsters. You can't move those type of people. That's a tremendous advantage. Line was ranked number 5 and had 2 rookies. Size wins.
Carr - The Raiders are spinning their wheels. Yes they signed Adams but this OL they have gives them zero chance. They need to attack their weak spot. Their RG had a 44 rating. I didn't think there could possibly be a worse player than Holder Olli but here he is. Carr is considered the player who is holding this team up. Does anyone look at this POS OL they have. Carr should have been MVP for leading this hunk of junk to the playoffs. That's the best elevating job done in the NFL. That's a 4 win OL ranked 28. A good DL will make this team look like garbage and the media will print Carr sucks.
Yes Mahomes is better than Carr but give some credit to that monster OL and give credit to Carr. He did something with nothing.
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

CharVike wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:40 am Mahomes - The Chiefs did a masterful job of building their OL. Our team has been trying to fix the OL for a long time. Here is what the Cheifs did and hopefully the genius was watching. They threw the entire starting 5 in the garbage and started with a clean slate. That takes balls. Plus they didn't rely on one source like the draft to rebuild. They used almost every possible tool in the box. FA - Thuney G, Trade - Brown LT, Promotion Niang G, Draft Humprey, Smith. This took 1 off season. Humprey 320, Smith 329 Brown 344. Niang 339. That's 4 monsters. You can't move those type of people. That's a tremendous advantage. Line was ranked number 5 and had 2 rookies. Size wins.
Carr - The Raiders are spinning their wheels. Yes they signed Adams but this OL they have gives them zero chance. They need to attack their weak spot. Their RG had a 44 rating. I didn't think there could possibly be a worse player than Holder Olli but here he is. Carr is considered the player who is holding this team up. Does anyone look at this POS OL they have. Carr should have been MVP for leading this hunk of junk to the playoffs. That's the best elevating job done in the NFL. That's a 4 win OL ranked 28. A good DL will make this team look like garbage and the media will print Carr sucks.
Yes Mahomes is better than Carr but give some credit to that monster OL and give credit to Carr. He did something with nothing.
Seems like everything was just find until Cousin got here as a top free agent signing that only comes around once in a while. It reminds me of the quote in Bull Durham by Crash Davis. "Never F$#% with a hot streak"
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

phantom wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:12 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:40 am Mahomes - The Chiefs did a masterful job of building their OL. Our team has been trying to fix the OL for a long time. Here is what the Cheifs did and hopefully the genius was watching. They threw the entire starting 5 in the garbage and started with a clean slate. That takes balls. Plus they didn't rely on one source like the draft to rebuild. They used almost every possible tool in the box. FA - Thuney G, Trade - Brown LT, Promotion Niang G, Draft Humprey, Smith. This took 1 off season. Humprey 320, Smith 329 Brown 344. Niang 339. That's 4 monsters. You can't move those type of people. That's a tremendous advantage. Line was ranked number 5 and had 2 rookies. Size wins.
Carr - The Raiders are spinning their wheels. Yes they signed Adams but this OL they have gives them zero chance. They need to attack their weak spot. Their RG had a 44 rating. I didn't think there could possibly be a worse player than Holder Olli but here he is. Carr is considered the player who is holding this team up. Does anyone look at this POS OL they have. Carr should have been MVP for leading this hunk of junk to the playoffs. That's the best elevating job done in the NFL. That's a 4 win OL ranked 28. A good DL will make this team look like garbage and the media will print Carr sucks.
Yes Mahomes is better than Carr but give some credit to that monster OL and give credit to Carr. He did something with nothing.
Seems like everything was just find until Cousin got here as a top free agent signing that only comes around once in a while. It reminds me of the quote in Bull Durham by Crash Davis. "Never F$#% with a hot streak"
In 4 seasons before Cousins we made the playoffs 2 times and accumulated a 1-2 playoff record. That win was a miracle. That's everything is fine? How is that a hot streak? Seems more up and down than a streak.
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

CharVike wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:48 pm
phantom wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:12 pm

Seems like everything was just find until Cousin got here as a top free agent signing that only comes around once in a while. It reminds me of the quote in Bull Durham by Crash Davis. "Never F$#% with a hot streak"
In 4 seasons before Cousins we made the playoffs 2 times and accumulated a 1-2 playoff record. That win was a miracle. That's everything is fine? How is that a hot streak? Seems more up and down than a streak.
Well I not talking about the the previous 4 season I am talking about the 2017 season. 10 game winning streaks are considered hot steaks in sports the last time I check. You know when the Twins won 15 in a row in 91. Cousins got everything he wanted and blow it. Not even close to living up the the expectations when he got here. Face it he's over rated. The offense was better in 2017. So I guess we'll never know. To pay a QB that much to go .500, I sure we can find a guy to do that and not pay him as much. I expect T. Brady or at least P. Mahomes results (Super Bowl wins), and I mean the last 4 years we just wasted on this guy. You pay his salary, because I don't like chipping in.
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

phantom wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:57 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:48 pm
In 4 seasons before Cousins we made the playoffs 2 times and accumulated a 1-2 playoff record. That win was a miracle. That's everything is fine? How is that a hot streak? Seems more up and down than a streak.
Well I not talking about the the previous 4 season I am talking about the 2017 season. 10 game winning streaks are considered hot steaks in sports the last time I check. You know when the Twins won 15 in a row in 91. Cousins got everything he wanted and blow it. Not even close to living up the the expectations when he got here. Face it he's over rated. The offense was better in 2017. So I guess we'll never know. To pay a QB that much to go .500, I sure we can find a guy to do that and not pay him as much. I expect T. Brady or at least P. Mahomes results (Super Bowl wins), and I mean the last 4 years we just wasted on this guy. You pay his salary, because I don't like chipping in.
Don't write another book response, because i won't read it
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

phantom wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:12 pm
phantom wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:57 pm

Well I not talking about the the previous 4 season I am talking about the 2017 season. 10 game winning streaks are considered hot steaks in sports the last time I check. You know when the Twins won 15 in a row in 91. Cousins got everything he wanted and blow it. Not even close to living up the the expectations when he got here. Face it he's over rated. The offense was better in 2017. So I guess we'll never know. To pay a QB that much to go .500, I sure we can find a guy to do that and not pay him as much. I expect T. Brady or at least P. Mahomes results (Super Bowl wins), and I mean the last 4 years we just wasted on this guy. You pay his salary, because I don't like chipping in.
Don't write another book response, because i won't read it
I am talking about the first one i responded to.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

phantom wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:12 pm
phantom wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:57 pm

Well I not talking about the the previous 4 season I am talking about the 2017 season. 10 game winning streaks are considered hot steaks in sports the last time I check. You know when the Twins won 15 in a row in 91. Cousins got everything he wanted and blow it. Not even close to living up the the expectations when he got here. Face it he's over rated. The offense was better in 2017. So I guess we'll never know. To pay a QB that much to go .500, I sure we can find a guy to do that and not pay him as much. I expect T. Brady or at least P. Mahomes results (Super Bowl wins), and I mean the last 4 years we just wasted on this guy. You pay his salary, because I don't like chipping in.
Don't write another book response, because i won't read it
I think we got beat 36-7 in the champ game for the 2017 season. Not much offense. We only made that game because of a miracle win. I don't think any QB was taking our team to the SB in 2020 or 2021. You need to play some D. To win the SB you need the entire team playing well. Not one guy.
Frozen Rope
Starter
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:27 am
x 91

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by Frozen Rope »

CharVike wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:20 pm
phantom wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:12 pm

Don't write another book response, because i won't read it
I think we got beat 36-7 in the champ game for the 2017 season. Not much offense. We only made that game because of a miracle win. I don't think any QB was taking our team to the SB in 2020 or 2021. You need to play some D. To win the SB you need the entire team playing well. Not one guy.
Let him go CV. He’s not worth responding to. Every now and then I check in to see what’s happening. I only did it because It saw you were the last one to post and I enjoy your football IQ and your ability to get to the point and not be poisoned by someone’s hatred of Cousins. You can take it, I can’t. You’ll never change this sorry a$$ dude
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

Frozen Rope wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:35 pm
CharVike wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:20 pm
I think we got beat 36-7 in the champ game for the 2017 season. Not much offense. We only made that game because of a miracle win. I don't think any QB was taking our team to the SB in 2020 or 2021. You need to play some D. To win the SB you need the entire team playing well. Not one guy.
Let him go CV. He’s not worth responding to. Every now and then I check in to see what’s happening. I only did it because It saw you were the last one to post and I enjoy your football IQ and your ability to get to the point and not be poisoned by someone’s hatred of Cousins. You can take it, I can’t. You’ll never change this sorry a$$ dude
Don't worry people like you who know nothing about football have wasted the last 4 years of Vikings fans lives with Cousins. Pry for a fluke, because that's what it going to take. That's why he is a Tier 4 QB in the article.
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

phantom wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:19 am
Frozen Rope wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:35 pm

Let him go CV. He’s not worth responding to. Every now and then I check in to see what’s happening. I only did it because It saw you were the last one to post and I enjoy your football IQ and your ability to get to the point and not be poisoned by someone’s hatred of Cousins. You can take it, I can’t. You’ll never change this sorry a$$ dude
Don't worry people like you who know nothing about football have wasted the last 4 years of Vikings fans lives with Cousins. Pry for a fluke, because that's what it going to take. That's why he is a Tier 4 QB in the article.
Don't post your sh&& then. Go to your cult Cousin group and preach to the choir, and figure out who else to blame when you can't make plays to put teams away. Everyone else can be doing there job, but if your QB is not making the right decisions your not going to win. He's the one throwing the ball.
Frozen Rope
Starter
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:27 am
x 91

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by Frozen Rope »

phantom wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:01 pm
phantom wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:19 am

Don't worry people like you who know nothing about football have wasted the last 4 years of Vikings fans lives with Cousins. Pry for a fluke, because that's what it going to take. That's why he is a Tier 4 QB in the article.
Don't post your sh&& then. Go to your cult Cousin group and preach to the choir, and figure out who else to blame when you can't make plays to put teams away. Everyone else can be doing there job, but if your QB is not making the right decisions your not going to win. He's the one throwing the ball.
You talk about a10 win season with Zimmer.
Let’s look at the Vikings last year. Cousins fumbled on the 25 yd line on a game winning drive. No wait, I’m wrong, it was Cook. Another game, all Cousins has to do is make a short chip shot FG to win it. No wait, that was Joseph. The Lions game, Cousins scores with less than a minute. He didn’t play defense. He should have been out there playing D. He’s smart enough to plant himself at the goal line. There’s your 10 win season. And you can’t compare the Z 10 win season with last years team. We had more bad players at key positions than in recent history. And Cousins was playing for a coach who has always disliked (being kind) him. I wonder if there has been a QB in NFL history who has played for 7 different OC’s in 7 years. Not even close. You can pile on all you want. I have stayed in the group chat when he’s having a bad game and said so several times over the years so don’t call me a Cousins Cult member. I’ve had some players I didn’t like but never got poisoned with pure hate. The narrative following Cousins is juiced by Simms and a few other guys. I predict, if our key players stay healthy, we will win 10 games minimum. Otherwise, I’ll take a pie to the face
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

phantom wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:01 pm
phantom wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:19 am

Don't worry people like you who know nothing about football have wasted the last 4 years of Vikings fans lives with Cousins. Pry for a fluke, because that's what it going to take. That's why he is a Tier 4 QB in the article.
Don't post your sh&& then. Go to your cult Cousin group and preach to the choir, and figure out who else to blame when you can't make plays to put teams away. Everyone else can be doing there job, but if your QB is not making the right decisions your not going to win. He's the one throwing the ball.
Basically you are saying if we had Brady the last 4 seasons a SB win would have been easy to achieve. Even with a compete piece of junk defense. That's new football knowledge for me. I never thought a team could go all the way with a junk D. Only 9 QBs threw more than 30 TDs passes last year. Are they all terrible QBs. Last year Cousins beat Rodgers 34-31 yes the D sucked but when he didn't play we got beat 37-10. What happened to our D again and the rest of the team?
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

CharVike wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:42 pm
phantom wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:01 pm

Don't post your sh&& then. Go to your cult Cousin group and preach to the choir, and figure out who else to blame when you can't make plays to put teams away. Everyone else can be doing there job, but if your QB is not making the right decisions your not going to win. He's the one throwing the ball.
Basically you are saying if we had Brady the last 4 seasons a SB win would have been easy to achieve. Even with a compete piece of junk defense. That's new football knowledge for me. I never thought a team could go all the way with a junk D. Only 9 QBs threw more than 30 TDs passes last year. Are they all terrible QBs. Last year Cousins beat Rodgers 34-31 yes the D sucked but when he didn't play we got beat 37-10. What happened to our D again and the rest of the team?
Yep and Probably had a better defense because he can sustain drives in the middle of the game and build a lead.. Our Defense was #1 in the league after 2017. 7-37 against winning team. What good is a QB if he can't beat good teams who can win the Super Bowl...you have to win more than 1 in row. A couple of fluky wins doesn't convince me. I sure the Vikes could find a QB to go .500 over the last 4 seasons, and not have to pay him like he's a Top QB in the league.