Top Tier QB's

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by vikeinmontana »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:07 pm
vikeinmontana wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:44 pm

I'm with you guys but I think it worked out great for him too. The Vikings were the guys 5th team in like 6 seasons. He made the most of his opportunity and was rewarded with a contract worth nearly 40 million dollars. It didn't work out and he's now on his 4th team since he started for the Vikings.

I won't say he was "lucky" his season with us per se. But any time a guy has played for 10 different NFL teams in about 10 years with really only one pretty good season, it's not super far-fetched to at the very least call it a lightning in a bottle season. :confused:
And yet he was a backup, and paid 1000 times less than kirk, and shined when he took over. I am just concerned by all the excuses for Kirk, and only a few made for Case not coming back.
Won't get any disagreements from me there. I thought he deserved a contract from us after that great season. Even a 2yr deal like he signed with the Broncos. Think we owed him that much. I'm just not convinced he would have replicated that year but alas, we'll never know.
i'm ready for a beer.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

vikeinmontana wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:12 pm

And yet he was a backup, and paid 1000 times less than kirk, and shined when he took over. I am just concerned by all the excuses for Kirk, and only a few made for Case not coming back.
Won't get any disagreements from me there. I thought he deserved a contract from us after that great season. Even a 2yr deal like he signed with the Broncos. Think we owed him that much. I'm just not convinced he would have replicated that year but alas, we'll never know.
Denver or Elway rewarded Case with 10 million guaranteed money for the contract he signed. Then he throws 18 TDs and 15 Ints. That proves why he is nothing more than a backup. He was just traded for nothing and again will carry some starters jock strap around and hope he never plays. You can call him lucky or the miracle man or lighting in the bottle but none of them will change the fact that he's no more than a backup QB. No team including us wants him as there starter. He's had chances and couldn't handle the job.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I agree, I think a 1 year prove it year would have been good for Case. Time to find another young QB prospect and try him own our own, not wait till the last second and panic, on a NFL QB.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

CharVike wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:40 pm
Denver or Elway rewarded Case with 10 million guaranteed money for the contract he signed. Then he throws 18 TDs and 15 Ints. That proves why he is nothing more than a backup. He was just traded for nothing and again will carry some starters jock strap around and hope he never plays. You can call him lucky or the miracle man or lighting in the bottle but none of them will change the fact that he's no more than a backup QB. No team including us wants him as there starter. He's had chances and couldn't handle the job.
Yada Yada Yada, what in the heck has Cousins proved to you since hes been here?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:21 pm
He'll throw over 30 TDs. He gets out there every game but 1 even when his ribs were banged up he played. When he was out that 1 game our team was buried by a team he already beat earlier in the year which proves he elevates this team. What he has done was accomplished behind an OL ranked 23 in 2021 by PFF. Basically an OL that sucks since he's been here. I don't even know how many OCs he has had. Zim flipped through them. He lead us on a road playoff win in OT against a future HOF QB.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

CharVike wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:38 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:21 pm

He'll throw over 30 TDs. He gets out there every game but 1 even when his ribs were banged up he played. When he was out that 1 game our team was buried by a team he already beat earlier in the year which proves he elevates this team. What he has done was accomplished behind an OL ranked 23 in 2021 by PFF. Basically an OL that sucks since he's been here. I don't even know how many OCs he has had. Zim flipped through them. He lead us on a road playoff win in OT against a future HOF QB.
How many division NFCC's? Who many division wins? How many SB has he gotten us. Since he has thrown us 30 TD's himself, what has he led this team yoo.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:40 am
CharVike wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:38 pm
How many division NFCC's? Who many division wins? How many SB has he gotten us. Since he has thrown us 30 TD's himself, what has he led this team yoo.
Y'all gotta step your game up. This is a terrible conversation.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Yes. You essentially said exactly what I was saying. :confused:

Where we may differ is I think "carrying around a starters jock strap" in the NFL is still an amazing accomplishment. As far as "hoping he doesn't play", that's so asinine it doesn't warrant a response. He's started at the highest level. He's remained in the league for over a decade at the highest level. He's made tens of millions of dollars playing a game at the highest level. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I don't know about you, but I would "carry a starters jock strap" and make millions in the process all day every day year after year. :rock:
i'm ready for a beer.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

fiestavike wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:12 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:40 am

y?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:16 am

y?
Let me help you out. Regardless of your rhetoric Cousins has played very well for us for years. If the defense is healthy this year and Kirk does his usual we will have as good a chance as anybody of winning it all.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:38 pm

y?
Let me help you out. Regardless of your rhetoric Cousins has played very well for us for years. If the defense is healthy this year and Kirk does his usual we will have as good a chance as anybody of winning it all.
Thought this was a pretty cool article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/head-coach-kev ... p_catchall
i'm ready for a beer.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

vikeinmontana wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:03 am
Yes. You essentially said exactly what I was saying. :confused:

Where we may differ is I think "carrying around a starters jock strap" in the NFL is still an amazing accomplishment. As far as "hoping he doesn't play", that's so asinine it doesn't warrant a response. He's started at the highest level. He's remained in the league for over a decade at the highest level. He's made tens of millions of dollars playing a game at the highest level. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I don't know about you, but I would "carry a starters jock strap" and make millions in the process all day every day year after year. :rock:
I never said it wasn't a great accomplishment to make it as far as he did. Any athlete that makes it to this level is far beyond the thousands that play it every year at the college level. IMO it's more beneficial to him if he never steps on the field with the Bills. No more than that.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

y?
Regardless of your rhetoric, Cousins hasnt gotten the job done. See, I call it like it is. All you do is find excuses for Cousins. And Case was just lucky when he helped this team further in the playoffs than Kirky has ever seen (and imo, will EVER see). Any QB is going to do well if a QB has a good Oline and a D. Kirk has not led this team. He isnt a leader. Sometimes that helps. Its funny how so many fans have to come up with excuses for Kirky. And most likely will when he once again cant led fans where they want to go. Hopefully most will say, its over, we need a new QB. The Kirk experiment has gone on long enough.

And you and I shouldnt quote each other or try to convince each other who is right. The season will start soon enough.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

y?
You aren't tired of the stats vs. wins argument yet?

We can all choose which correlating factors we want to hitch our wagon to and stumble around in blind ignorance, or we can try to get beyond that. I'm well done with the first option.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:16 pm

Regardless of your rhetoric, Cousins hasnt gotten the job done. See, I call it like it is. All you do is find excuses for Cousins. And Case was just lucky when he helped this team further in the playoffs than Kirky has ever seen (and imo, will EVER see). Any QB is going to do well if a QB has a good Oline and a D. Kirk has not led this team. He isnt a leader. Sometimes that helps. Its funny how so many fans have to come up with excuses for Kirky. And most likely will when he once again cant led fans where they want to go. Hopefully most will say, its over, we need a new QB. The Kirk experiment has gone on long enough.

And you and I shouldnt quote each other or try to convince each other who is right. The season will start soon enough.
You don't call it like it is. You say any QB can do well with a good OL. The WFT had the 6th ranked OL according to PFF and won 7 games. Browns were ranked No 8 and won 8. There goes that call. I'll explain it to you. Everything starts at the LOS. That's not an excuse that's football 101. If you can't block it's over. We can't block. Just look at the ratings. Bradbury has sucked since day 1. You'll blame that on a QB? Oli sucks. QB fault again? Now we have a bench warmer that will start at RG. I guess he's been a backup because of his QB.