Website Banner Voting Round 3

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pick 3 players to go on the banner

Adrian Peterson
No votes
Ahmad Rashad
No votes
Carl Eller
No votes
Chris Doleman
No votes
Chuck Foreman
No votes
Cris Carter
No votes
Fran Tarkenton
No votes
Jared Allen
No votes
Jerry Burns
No votes
Jim Marshall
No votes
Joe Kapp
No votes
Joey Browner
No votes
Korey Stringer
No votes
Mick Tingelhoff
No votes
Paul Krause
No votes
Randall McDaniel
No votes
Ron Yary
No votes
Scott Studwell
No votes
Tommy Kramer
No votes

Total votes: 0

Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Website Banner Voting Round 3

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:17 pm All I'm saying is that it's simply a picture. I'm not questioning anyone's manhood if they were abused as a child. That's not even remotely close to what I am referring to. The manhood I question is if you get offended by a picture of a football player on a football website banner. Again, we're condoning APs football abilities. Not his parenting. If this was a forum on how to parent, I'd agree with you and say he wouldnt belong up there.
OK, last thing I swear...

See, I think this is where the difference lies. It's a philosophical difference in what the banner should represent. If it's to represent the best football players that ever played for the Vikings, then he absolutely belongs on that list, without question. If the banner represents the greatest Vikings and what VikingsMessageBoard.com wants to represent, then I don't think he belongs anywhere on that list.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:50 pmWhether people like it or not, Adrian Peterson is always going to represent the Minnesota Vikings given how good of a player he was. That's not going to just go away. There are plenty of Vikings websites where you can see pictures of Adrian Peterson. Hell, Bleacher Reports main Vikings page has a picture of AP plastered on it. I dont know anyone that's not getting on Bleacher Report because there's a picture of AP on there. It's a picture. There are much more "offensive" things all over the internet.

We have guys in here saying "guys it's a website banner" like it's no big deal yet now we cant put AP up there because "people might be offended". Well which way is it then? Is the banner a big deal or not? If it's not a big deal, no reason for people to get offended over that. Again, it's a simple picture of AP the FOOTBALL PLAYER. You're acting like I'm condoning child abuse or something. Never once agreed with what he did but at the same time I also know he was a great football player. If pictures of Adrian Peterson offend people, no website should ever use one
Well, first let me say that I'm not worried about people not coming to the site. I don't make money on this website, I literally have zero incentive to attract new people. I value the group that's here and if people join and contribute then great but my goal isn't to "market" to perspective members and I'm not making choices based on scaring people off.

I, personally, am not a fan of him representing the site either. Since I'm making the graphic, hosting it, etc., etc. I'm just going to make the decision. If I could go back I'd simply leave him off. If someone else was spending their time doing it and made a different decision I wouldn't "be offended" but it wouldn't be my choice.

Besides that, there isn't a single other player on that list that would cause this kind of discussion. The fact that this conversation is even happening makes me not want to have him up there. There are too many Vikings Greats to get hung up on one of them.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I spanked my kids too much and too hard. I was just trying to get them to mind. My understanding of the parent child relationship was parents provide for the kids and kids mind the parents. In my life I never once talked back to my parents. The idea never even entered my mind. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have spanked them like I did, but I don't know what else I would have done. I always spent quality time with them. That didn't matter. They still wouldn't mind. Time out? What if you ground them and they don't stay home? Take away their toys? The good news is they're all grown up and doing well, except for my almost 4 year old with my second wife. She has always minded and I've never spanked her. Is it because somehow I learned how to do it better this time.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Mon May 02, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:19 pm I spanked my kids too much and too hard. I was just trying to get them to mind. My understanding of the parent child relationship was parents provide for the kids and kids mind the parents. In my life I never once talked back to my parents. The idea never even entered my mind. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have spanked them like I did, but I don't know what else I would have done. I always spend quality time with them. That didn't matter. They still wouldn't mind. Time out? What if you ground them and they don't stay home? Take away their toys? The good news is they're all grown up and doing well.
I hear you... Five kids, two of them adults, one of those married, the other graduating from trade school this year. The younger three are still in School, the oldest of them a senior... Not a single one of them came with an instruction manual, and I can honestly say I'm a better parent/father now than I was when I first started. My older kids say that I don't treat the younger ones the same. I'm sorry, but it's true. I try to tell them that I maybe don't treat them all the same, but I try to treat them all fairly. I've also grown up and matured myself. What is good advice for one isn't for another, what discipline works for one, would never have worked for another... How can you treat them the same then? The best you can do is be fair. Parenting is HARD work...
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:28 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:19 pm I spanked my kids too much and too hard. I was just trying to get them to mind. My understanding of the parent child relationship was parents provide for the kids and kids mind the parents. In my life I never once talked back to my parents. The idea never even entered my mind. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have spanked them like I did, but I don't know what else I would have done. I always spend quality time with them. That didn't matter. They still wouldn't mind. Time out? What if you ground them and they don't stay home? Take away their toys? The good news is they're all grown up and doing well.
I hear you... Five kids, two of them adults, one of those married, the other graduating from trade school this year. The younger three are still in School, the oldest of them a senior... Not a single one of them came with an instruction manual, and I can honestly say I'm a better parent/father now than I was when I first started. My older kids say that I don't treat the younger ones the same. I'm sorry, but it's true. I try to tell them that I maybe don't treat them all the same, but I try to treat them all fairly. I've also grown up and matured myself. What is good advice for one isn't for another, what discipline works for one, would never have worked for another... How can you treat them the same then? The best you can do is be fair. Parenting is HARD work...
Thanks for the response.