Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:57 am
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:45 pm
I follow the scientific method:


1) I observe Cousins being a .500 QB and ask why?
2) I do research to see what is already known about him losing half his starts
3) I construct a hypothesis that he just isn't good enough to overcome any sort of obstacle
4) I collect the stats in wins and losses, who the opponent is, what sort of obstacles he would have to overcome, etc.
5) I analyze the data and draw a conclusion that Cousins is indeed a .500 QB, because that is how he plays
6) I communicate here what I have found, much to the chagrin of fans who would like to pretend he is great despite the evidence pointing to different conclusion.

:thumbsup:
Again, I'm not a Cousins apologist. That should be clear by now. I do not think he's great. I do think he has flaws that hold him back from being as good as his physical skills and intellect should allow. I happen to believe those flaws are mental, not his intellect, but his tendency to panic when things break down, and his tendency to play worse when faced with adversity such as an interception.

But you are not following the scientific method. Your bias shows through, which negates anything resembling the scientific method. Every post you make about Cousins is either highly negative, or along the lines of "well he can do that, BUT it's offset by his tendency to suck." That's not scientific.

Also, anyone who purports to use the scientific method has to be able to stand up to the scrutiny of his peers. That's ALSO part of Step 6. Sorry dude, but we're your peers. Your comment "much to the chagrin of fans who would like to pretend he is great" shows me that you're not open to an opposing argument. In all the years I've seen you on this board, you never have been. I have never seen you change your mind on anything or adjust any hypothesis you've stated.

You use stats to back your arguments. But it's not the scientific method.
Pretty sure Kapp just set a record for most likes ever on a post on VMB
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:49 pm There was a time when almost everyone on this board disliked cousins)I assume, (i havent gone through all the threads back then) and wanted him gone.
1.) Pretty sure that's not true

2.) I find it funny that your username is "JJBreaksRecords" and the guy you're bashing and cant stand is the exact guy that helped JJ break those records :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 625

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:31 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:49 pm There was a time when almost everyone on this board disliked cousins)I assume, (i havent gone through all the threads back then) and wanted him gone.
1.) Pretty sure that's not true

2.) I find it funny that your username is "JJBreaksRecords" and the guy you're bashing and cant stand is the exact guy that helped JJ break those records :lol:
Yep. The reason JJ breaks those records must be because his QB sucks. I can't think of any other reason.
JJBreaksRecords
Starter
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 13

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:31 am

1.) Pretty sure that's not true

2.) I find it funny that your username is "JJBreaksRecords" and the guy you're bashing and cant stand is the exact guy that helped JJ break those records :lol:
Yep. The reason JJ breaks those records must be because his QB sucks. I can't think of any other reason.
I could throw the ball to JJ, just close my eyes like kirk does and let er fly.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:36 am
x 53

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:50 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 am
Yep. The reason JJ breaks those records must be because his QB sucks. I can't think of any other reason.
I could throw the ball to JJ, just close my eyes like kirk does and let er fly.
:roll:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:50 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 am
Yep. The reason JJ breaks those records must be because his QB sucks. I can't think of any other reason.
I could throw the ball to JJ, just close my eyes like kirk does and let er fly.
^ this guy :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 625

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:50 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 am
Yep. The reason JJ breaks those records must be because his QB sucks. I can't think of any other reason.
I could throw the ball to JJ, just close my eyes like kirk does and let er fly.
Right. Come on JJ you know better than this. Cousins throws some of the most accurate deep balls in the NFL. He is a huge part of JJ's success.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 149

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by 808vikingsfan »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:31 am

1.) Pretty sure that's not true

2.) I find it funny that your username is "JJBreaksRecords" and the guy you're bashing and cant stand is the exact guy that helped JJ break those records :lol:
Yep. The reason JJ breaks those records must be because his QB sucks. I can't think of any other reason.
Harvin was having a record year with Ponder.
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8840
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1001

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:29 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 am
Yep. The reason JJ breaks those records must be because his QB sucks. I can't think of any other reason.
Harvin was having a record year with Ponder.
Yeah for kick return TDs maybe lol. What records was Harvin chasing with ponder at QB? :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 473

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:28 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:50 pm

I could throw the ball to JJ, just close my eyes like kirk does and let er fly.
Right. Come on JJ you know better than this. Cousins throws some of the most accurate deep balls in the NFL. He is a huge part of JJ's success.
JJ has played one game without Cousins and did nothing.
User avatar
halfgiz
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2219
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
x 92

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by halfgiz »

I have seen a few games where the receivers was wide open over the top. And Cousins checked down to Ham for a loss. That’s one of the reasons we’re in the bottom 1/3 of the league on 3rd down conversions.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 473

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by CharVike »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:54 pm I have seen a few games where the receivers was wide open over the top. And Cousins checked down to Ham for a loss. That’s one of the reasons we’re in the bottom 1/3 of the league on 3rd down conversions.
There's many reason. As a team we averaged 8.1 yards to go on our 3rd down attempts when passing. The Packers were at 7.1. Huge difference. On 3rd and long(10+) Cousins had the 2nd most TD passes tied with Murray at 4. Allen had the most with 6. In adjusted yards/attempt Capt check down had 10.0, Rodgers 8.3, Prescott 5.84 and Brady 3.03. Looks like Brady gets the check down honor. Did Ham play a few games with him? Why is Ham involved with 3rd down passing? He's not one of our top pass catchers. Send Cook or anybody else out for the dump off. Ham can't even move. Only makes yards when teams are shocked that he is thrown to and nobody is covering him. I would never send that slug out. Good blocker and that's it. That's why Kubesteak is no longer an NFL OC. He is back in Denver rubbing balls which is the only qualification he has. He got Ham involved. Stupid move but I'm sure Zim put that in his ear and like a lost puppy he listened.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 625

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I want to get something out in the open regarding Kirk that I haven't seen discussed. I think a lot of people's problem with him is personality and who he is rather than the player. He is the clean cut wholesome Christian and is very representative of suburban White America. He has a ridiculous amount of money yet chooses to drive a nice, but very boring van. I don't think he has any bling or tats. JJ said he doesn't have the "SWAG" of Burroughs. He will never culturally fit in with most of the rest of the league. He plays very well and has helped his WRs put up big numbers. Hopefully his teammates appreciate and respect him even though he isn't one of the boys.
User avatar
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 am
x 72

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by Thaumaturgist »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:14 pm I want to get something out in the open regarding Kirk that I haven't seen discussed. I think a lot of people's problem with him is personality and who he is rather than the player. He is the clean cut wholesome Christian and is very representative of suburban White America. He has a ridiculous amount of money yet chooses to drive a nice, but very boring van. I don't think he has any bling or tats. JJ said he doesn't have the "SWAG" of Burroughs. He will never culturally fit in with most of the rest of the league. He plays very well and has helped his WRs put up big numbers. Hopefully his teammates appreciate and respect him even though he isn't one of the boys.
That isn't my problem... I feel like I would relate closer to him on a personal level than a lot of the other athletes on this team.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3428
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 587

Re: Kirk Cousins calls a meeting this offseason....

Post by StumpHunter »

Absolutely not my problem with him either and on boards where there is a political section so you know which side of the aisle posters stand on, most people dislike him as their QB whether they are right, left, gay, straight, black, white, Christian or Atheist. .

If you don't care about your QB winning football games, Kirk is your guy. If you do care, he isn't. What he believes in doesn't matter to 99% of fans.