2022 NFL Draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2022 NFL Draft

Post by IIsweet »

Btw, Karlaftis looks really good in drills. I am a big fan.
He did not run the 40.
Also, on a side note... He eats Elk. He smokes his own. Love that.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

IIsweet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:42 pm Btw, Karlaftis looks really good in drills. I am a big fan.
He did not run the 40.
I'd take him or Walker at 12.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

IIsweet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:52 pm So to answer a couple things.
Faaleis a big dude, but is a RT and reminds me of Korey Stringer in that he dwarfs his competition at RT. Problem is that we have O Neill, Ezra, and Darrisaw as OT. All were college LT.

I mentioned Jordan Davis earlier and he put on an absolute show. 6'6 3/8" and 340. Ran a 4.78. 2nd fastest 10yd split at 1.68 and 40 of all DT.
Crazy Impressive.
The guy that beat him.... Teammate Devante Wyatt who ran 1.66 and 4.77. his numbers are just a bit behind Aaron Donald combine of 1.63 and 4.68.
I also really liked UConn Travis Jones and Oklahoma Perrion Winfrey. Houston Logan Hall is decent too. Just wish he had more bend to him.
DE/3-4 OLB Nic Bonito of Oklahoma ran 4.54.
The DEs are about to get started.
I can't believe how fast David ran. That guy is a freak. My concerns with him are tgat he has plays where he's easy to block and he gives up in the passing game. He is a monster in the run game but is that worth pick 12? Vita Vea was but he pushes the pocket. I also think he's too tall and will lose leverage battles.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:06 am
Faaleis a big dude, but is a RT and reminds me of Korey Stringer in that he dwarfs his competition at RT. Problem is that we have O Neill, Ezra, and Darrisaw as OT. All were college LT.

I mentioned Jordan Davis earlier and he put on an absolute show. 6'6 3/8" and 340. Ran a 4.78. 2nd fastest 10yd split at 1.68 and 40 of all DT.
Crazy Impressive.
The guy that beat him.... Teammate Devante Wyatt who ran 1.66 and 4.77. his numbers are just a bit behind Aaron Donald combine of 1.63 and 4.68.
I also really liked UConn Travis Jones and Oklahoma Perrion Winfrey. Houston Logan Hall is decent too. Just wish he had more bend to him.
I can't believe how fast David ran. That guy is a freak. My concerns with him are tgat he has plays where he's easy to block and he gives up in the passing game. He is a monster in the run game but is that worth pick 12? Vita Vea was but he pushes the pocket. I also think he's too tall and will lose leverage battles.
I’d be happy with Davis at 12, believe he would be an absolute monster in shutting down run games with a potential for decent pass rushing ability. Give me a good Dt over a corner any day.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

It's early but if QB Kenny Pickett falls to us which I think he will it opens up a great possibility for a trade down. No Rick give aways either. This is a QB. They don't fall in that draft chart. The Steelers basically have a finger in the dam hole QB in Roudolph and Pickett would be a great fit for that team. It gets the fans excited. That means spending money. Should get some picks. Plus I will tell them we want Kendrick Green also. I liked that kid last year but he is a bust so far. He was a stiff at center but he was a rookie and might be better suited to play G and we need players at that position. He's a nasty player that has size. He will push the other guys on the roster either up or out the door. Either of those work for me. That's how you elevate the roster. Strong competition. Below is what Ben said about him.
“I think K.G. at some point should get moved to OG, and he will dominate this league at OG. He just has the extra fire and passion, and you can have that at OG. At C you can’t afford to get in a fight every couple of plays.”
I think Pickett is miles ahead of all these QBs in this draft class.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:33 am I honestly dont see many issues at all with Gardner. He's number one on my list of who I'd like the Vikings to draft. He's long, great instincts, physical, solid tackler, fluid mover, etc. Reminds me a lot of Rhodes in his prime. And what he allowed in coverage throughout his college career is about as little as possible. He has shutdown corner written all over him. If he's there at 12, I think that's a no brainer. I'd even consider trading up for him.
He certainly didn't hurt himself at the Combine with his performance, and the fact that he did perform in that situation would put him solidly above Stingley for me where the Vikings pick in the 1st round.

So he's got the proven track record and progression I like to see in college players entering the draft, he performed and measured well at the Combine, and he's got that attitude a shutdown corner needs to have IMHO.

While I don't know if I'd move up to get him, if he were there at #12 and the Vikings pull the trigger on him I would be happy.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

IIsweet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:42 pm Btw, Karlaftis looks really good in drills. I am a big fan.
He did not run the 40.
Could be the next Jared Allen.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

allday1991 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:05 am
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:06 am

I’d be happy with Davis at 12, believe he would be an absolute monster in shutting down run games with a potential for decent pass rushing ability. Give me a good Dt over a corner any day.
Me too. Game changing player in the middle and nearly impossible to match up against. OCs will have to scheme block him, which means other guys will be freed up to make plays.

Something tell me Davis doesn't make it to #12 now. I thought he would slip easily to where the Vikings pick but I think some team is going to snag him in the top 10 after that Combine performance.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Crazy Impressive.
I was hoping Wyatt would last into the 2nd and the Vikings could grab him there. After that performance he's going to go in the latter part of the 1st for sure.

Jones and Winfrey might make it into the 3rd. Winfrey is a guy I like because he can play inside or out and still be effective.

Bonito is going to be a terror rushing the passer as a pro.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:24 pm
He did not run the 40.
Could be the next Jared Allen.
Agreed completely.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:29 pm

Crazy Impressive.
I was hoping Wyatt would last into the 2nd and the Vikings could grab him there. After that performance he's going to go in the latter part of the 1st for sure.

Jones and Winfrey might make it into the 3rd. Winfrey is a guy I like because he can play inside or out and still be effective.

Bonito is going to be a terror rushing the passer as a pro.
There is a lot of pass rush talent in this draft. DT Davis is a freak at that size, and I like Wyatt at 304 pounds a lot !!!
I also really like Travis Jones from UConn. He is a big, well put together dude. Shows that he knows where the weight room is and doesn't skip leg day. I wish that we could get 2 of these guys at DT and DE. There is a ton of talent here.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

I've actually really grown fond of Stingley Jr. its unfortunate he has been fairly banged up the last two seasons, however this gives us a shot at him because if he played his last two years he would probably be a top 5 pick. Watching the video on him he is a great open field tackler and an absolute ball hawk, he will need to work on being less "handsey", also watching him run 1 on 1's vs Jefferson and Chase while winning the majority of the time speaks volumes. If we draft Stingley and he walks into camp healthy I believe we got as close to a shut down corner as you can get nowadays. Back peddling on my thoughts early in the off season about stacking the DL, I'd be ok with Stingley at 12. :govikes:
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I like Sauce a lot more then Stringley. I am also quite sure the other team like Gardener a lot more as well. We are going to have CB problems this year, and cap problems for at least the next 5 seasons. Yes Brez is good, but like this year, when it all came to a head, it got ugly. And I am thinking just get used to it. I HATE this idea of the Wilfs trying to win now and be 'super competitive'. We should have gotten someone like Case to be a bridge, or heck, lets see what Mond and Case can do. :beerock: