The Aftermath: What's next after the Vikings debacle at Green Bay?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The Aftermath: What's next after the Vikings debacle at Green Bay?

Post by psjordan »

Mothman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:50 am ... while the Leslie Frazier-coached defense in Buffalo is ranked #1 in both yards and points allowed. I think that speaks to the importance of situation and personnel at least as much as coaching ability. I don't bring it up to suggest the Vikes should have stuck with Frazier. It's just ironic.
Add DCarlson and CPatterson to the "after we jettisoned them" list. There's probably more.

Zimmer lost me forever and completely in 2018, when, after 22? years in the NFL he said:

Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer had a what-could-have-been thought as he studied New England Patriots wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson in advance of Sunday's highly anticipated matchup between the teams.

"Quite honestly, they're using him way better than we did," Zimmer said. "I wish we would have used him a little better."

"They're getting the ball in his hands quite a bit," Zimmer told Patriots reporters during a conference call Wednesday. "He is an exceptional hard runner that can make a lot of big plays. He can make guys miss. He gets a lot of yards after contact. And then, whether it's throwing him the ball, or handing him the ball, or rocket sweeps, or whatever it is ... everybody has known how talented he was. We obviously knew how talented he was here as well, but we didn't get him the ball enough in a lot of those ways that they're using him.

"Honestly, since I've been watching him on tape, I'm going to put that in the back of my mind if we ever get a guy like this again. ... That we can use him in much better ways."
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The Aftermath: What's next after the Vikings debacle at Green Bay?

Post by chicagopurple »

Thank the Gods Spielman is gone!!! Now I pray they make a good choice for GM then start the rebuild……