Vikings "a good quarterback on a cheaper contract away from being dangerous"

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings "a good quarterback on a cheaper contract away from being dangerous"

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:41 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:18 am

Ok? Are you trying to troll or what here?
The point is, that all the arguments, rationalizations and statistics being bandied about don't change the simple fact that Kirk Cousins is a stiff.
Ok good analysis
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings "a good quarterback on a cheaper contract away from being dangerous"

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:18 am

Ok? Are you trying to troll or what here?
The point is, that all the arguments, rationalizations and statistics being bandied about don't change the simple fact that Kirk Cousins is a stiff.
Based on that in his next stop he'll be a backup making nothing. Well see.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:47 am

Ok good analysis
Thanks!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:46 pm

I wouldn't say that. I think a team will give up 1st round pick(s) for him and he will be starting. He brings what he brings, which is some good and some bad, but the bad ultimately stems from the fact that he is a stiff. Nobody wants to follow a panicky Ned Flanders into battle.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

fiestavike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:44 pm
CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:46 pm
I wouldn't say that. I think a team will give up 1st round pick(s) for him and he will be starting. He brings what he brings, which is some good and some bad, but the bad ultimately stems from the fact that he is a stiff. Nobody wants to follow a panicky Ned Flanders into battle.
Do players follow Dak into battle. Good teams beat them. They lose in the playoffs and they only make the playoffs because of that division. That's a 40 million stiff. Watson won 4 games his last season starting. Nobody followed him either. Maybe the team sucked? Or they knew he was about to have all these civil cases filed. People talk about things to each other and players spend alot of time together. I'm sure plenty knew but nobody was going to talk about it.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:03 pm
fiestavike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:44 pm

Do players follow Dak into battle. Good teams beat them. They lose in the playoffs and they only make the playoffs because of that division. That's a 40 million stiff. Watson won 4 games his last season starting. Nobody followed him either. Maybe the team sucked? Or they knew he was about to have all these civil cases filed. People talk about things to each other and players spend alot of time together. I'm sure plenty knew but nobody was going to talk about it.
I'm not sure what you are talking about as pertains to my point, but I think you are conflating various opinions into a strawman.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:58 am
CharVike wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:03 pm
I'm not sure what you are talking about as pertains to my point, but I think you are conflating various opinions into a strawman.
The Simple fact is Cousins is a top 10 QB in the world. Those don't grow on trees.
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:26 pm

The Simple fact is Cousins is a top 10 QB in the world. Those don't grow on trees.
He just signed a 1 year extension. News will be out shortly
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Thanks for your help. You explained it better than me. We have a good QB which is something the majority of teams don't have. That gives us an advantage. People want that advantage tossed in the garbage. Yes you can find faults with any player if you want to.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

By whatever your metrics are, perhaps so.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Frozen Rope wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:54 pm
He just signed a 1 year extension. News will be out shortly
I'm almost afraid to see the numbers. :spanking:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:29 pm
Yep. :govikes:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:22 pm
fiestavike wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:29 pm

And yet, Cousins is a stiff. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:32 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:22 pm
I don't care if he's a stiff as long as he's one of the 10 best QBs in the world.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
fiestavike wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:32 pm

I don't care if he's a stiff as long as he's one of the 10 best QBs in the world.
Ive heard anywhere from the 12th to 14th QB in the NFL. His record against winning teams or in important game to get into the playoffs. Or his choking and being afraid of a rush where hes going to get hit, he's about at 31st. Isnt it fun making things up or just using certain stats and forgetting others. Do you remember or record the past 2 seasons from the one and only cousins? Not too are they. Or when they lose irs the D's fault and when they win its Kirks grit. :wallbang: