Teddy B...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Teddy B...

Post by halfgiz »

Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

halfgiz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:48 pm Here is the article I believe.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-viki ... r-broncos/
That’s not the one I saw. But generally said the same thing. Just a little more to it.

Thanks halfgiz
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:16 pm
CharVike wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:10 pm
I didn't realize it was only 2 years it felt like 20. I don't have fond memories with his skill set. Wounded duck is the only thing I think of. But the guy has a long career. Lock I did like. He has a nice skill set. He's a second year round 2 guy. People seem to expect these young QB to come in and perform like 10 year vets. Some are saying the 1st pick overall last year is a bust. That guy or Lock weren't a Luck or Elway or ??? type of prospect. Even Elway struggled for many years. He had every physical skill you can think of. It's an extremely difficult position. Not only from a physical skill set but you also have to be mentally above most. I have no idea what Cousins is worth and I highly doubt anyone does. What I seen the Rams give up for Stafford I couldn't believe it. He's Cousins. What we saw Sunday I have seen many times with him for many years. But I also seen him have great games. The 1st rounder for the Bears shouldn't be starting. He's laughable right now. They went with Foles and won. They would have beat us with Foles. The guy for the 49ers looked like dog ####. The Packer guy looked terrible. The 1st overall pick looks bad. They are all kids and that's their biggest problem right now. Same with the Jet guy. Teams will do stupid things for QBs. It's a position that must be filled. Look no further than that Panther joke. How can a pro GM feel he is set with those two clowns he has playing. I don't care if they cost nothing. That is too much for them. Who knows what our team will do. They might extend Zim and trader down.
For some reason Fangio and Shurmur hate Lock and have aggressively tried to sabotage him. Lock makes some good wow throws and some bad wow throws. He seems too inconsistent to ever amount to anything in the league other than a back up. I'd much rather have him than Mannion as a back up though. Mannion is a joke.
He's still a kid. I would trade for him. He must have some skill he played as a rookie and is playing now. Yes Mannion is about as terrible as it gets. I give him credit he has been in the NFL for awhile. Maybe he's a future OC in training at this point. I think he's smart and if he is he will be doing something in the NFL.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

For some reason Fangio and Shurmur hate Lock and have aggressively tried to sabotage him. Lock makes some good wow throws and some bad wow throws. He seems too inconsistent to ever amount to anything in the league other than a back up. I'd much rather have him than Mannion as a back up though. Mannion is a joke.
Fangio and Shurmur "hate" Lock because he is a bad QB and I am not sure what they did to sabotage him. They gave him every chance to win the starting job this year and he failed. Fangio consistently said the QB competition was close, even though the players seemed to all believe Teddy was winning and didn't make the decision to go with Teddy until the last possible moment.

I won't argue the point that he might be better than Mannion as a backup, I will argue the point that he would make a good backup. He has been pretty bad in that spot this year if Denver is as talented as some like to think offensively. 37-62, 1 TD, 2 Ints, 380 yards, 6.1 YPA and a 69.3 passer rating. He has also fumbled the ball twice, losing it once. Either Denver is a mess offensively and Lock is being held back by it, in which case Teddy did great considering what he was working with, or Lock sucks.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Foreman44 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:35 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:36 am

I have seen too many backups who have a couple of nice games fail as soon as they get an opportunity to start to get excited about Huntley. If he actually has a high ceiling some team will pay him big bucks this off season based on the 3 games he played starting snaps, but I suspect he will be a career backup at best.

While your premise that going with a guy with a high risk, high reward solution at QB is sound, I just don't think there is a realistic high reward with Huntley and would prefer to just stick with Mond.

The fact of the matter is, guys who have proven they can at least win double digit games like a Marriota or Teddy do have the higher ceilings as QBs than guys like Huntley do. There are no diamonds in the rough when it comes to QBs. Teams generally know what they have and it takes a whole lot of poor decision making or extreme circumstances for a Kurt Warner situation to happen.
I do not recall the QBs name.or what team he played for. It was some years back.he was in his last year of his contract if I recall it right....He performed pretty good a few games, I know at least two teams were after him. Vikings one. Detroit another. Detroit offered more money big f money at the time....after a coupe poor yrs Detroit let him go. He isn’t the only about to hit it with a big contract, having a couple good games.

Who quarter backed the Eagles when they beat the Vikings in The NFC C Championship game against keenum. Played well a few games replacing a injured Wentz. Signed big, contract, never played great after.
Scott Mitchell is the guy you are thinking of.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:27 am
Fangio and Shurmur "hate" Lock because he is a bad QB and I am not sure what they did to sabotage him. They gave him every chance to win the starting job this year and he failed. Fangio consistently said the QB competition was close, even though the players seemed to all believe Teddy was winning and didn't make the decision to go with Teddy until the last possible moment.

I won't argue the point that he might be better than Mannion as a backup, I will argue the point that he would make a good backup. He has been pretty bad in that spot this year if Denver is as talented as some like to think offensively. 37-62, 1 TD, 2 Ints, 380 yards, 6.1 YPA and a 69.3 passer rating. He has also fumbled the ball twice, losing it once. Either Denver is a mess offensively and Lock is being held back by it, in which case Teddy did great considering what he was working with, or Lock sucks.
Again he was a rookie thrown into the lineup last year. The Broncos coaches told him he sucked back then. They signed Teddy the great for the job and again told Lock to sit you stiff we have our guy. That's how smart those dumb #### are. Look how every rookie this year is playing. The only one that can do anything is Jones. And even he has had games that be basically couldn't do much. He sucked. Yes Lock is a bad QB and shouldn't be on the field. He needed to sit a few years before taking a snap. The guy who was drafted by the Bucs this year blows right now also. He can't play at this point. He's 3 to 5 years away from playing at even the bum level. The Bears threw Fields in there. He shouldn't be on the field. He's probably ruined. He was a top 10 talent. Not some guy that was passed over and over.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

CharVike wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:04 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:27 am

Again he was a rookie thrown into the lineup last year. The Broncos coaches told him he sucked back then. They signed Teddy the great for the job and again told Lock to sit you stiff we have our guy. That's how smart those dumb #### are. Look how every rookie this year is playing. The only one that can do anything is Jones. And even he has had games that be basically couldn't do much. He sucked. Yes Lock is a bad QB and shouldn't be on the field. He needed to sit a few years before taking a snap. The guy who was drafted by the Bucs this year blows right now also. He can't play at this point. He's 3 to 5 years away from playing at even the bum level. The Bears threw Fields in there. He shouldn't be on the field. He's probably ruined. He was a top 10 talent. Not some guy that was passed over and over.
I make this out as there is only one way to do it. Of course things shack out differently for each player. The chance of hitting on any QB is a very long shot at best. Where a kid winds up is also key. For Trevor he basically is lost down in Jax. I also think the kid with the Jets will have a hard time with that team. The kid picked by the 49ers is in a good spot. Jones was picked by a perfect franchise for his skills. I still believe that all these guys need time before playing. They will all struggle the 1st year also. So maybe that is the process. Let them play and struggle. I really can't argue that.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

40for60 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:19 am
Foreman44 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:35 pm

I do not recall the QBs name.or what team he played for. It was some years back.he was in his last year of his contract if I recall it right....He performed pretty good a few games, I know at least two teams were after him. Vikings one. Detroit another. Detroit offered more money big f money at the time....after a coupe poor yrs Detroit let him go. He isn’t the only about to hit it with a big contract, having a couple good games.

Who quarter backed the Eagles when they beat the Vikings in The NFC C Championship game against keenum. Played well a few games replacing a injured Wentz. Signed big, contract, never played great after.
Scott Mitchell is the guy you are thinking of.
Yes it was, thanks for the answer. I was going to research Detroit QBs.
We lucked out on that one,
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:59 am
CharVike wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:04 am
I make this out as there is only one way to do it. Of course things shack out differently for each player. The chance of hitting on any QB is a very long shot at best. Where a kid winds up is also key. For Trevor he basically is lost down in Jax. I also think the kid with the Jets will have a hard time with that team. The kid picked by the 49ers is in a good spot. Jones was picked by a perfect franchise for his skills. I still believe that all these guys need time before playing. They will all struggle the 1st year also. So maybe that is the process. Let them play and struggle. I really can't argue that.
The vast majority of current and past QBs started a good number of games in their rookie seasons. Sitting a QB for their first season is a way to do it, but we have no way of knowing whether it is the better way or if throwing a rookie out there is.

My opinion, Mahomes and Rodgers would still be elite today if they had started day 1 and both KC and GB would have another championship if they had. Just an opinion, no way to prove it, but throwing away a year of QB play from an elite QB, even if that elite QB is a rookie, is a stupid thing to do.

Also, Lock wasn't a rookie last year, so there is that.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:38 pm
CharVike wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:59 am
The vast majority of current and past QBs started a good number of games in their rookie seasons. Sitting a QB for their first season is a way to do it, but we have no way of knowing whether it is the better way or if throwing a rookie out there is.

My opinion, Mahomes and Rodgers would still be elite today if they had started day 1 and both KC and GB would have another championship if they had. Just an opinion, no way to prove it, but throwing away a year of QB play from an elite QB, even if that elite QB is a rookie, is a stupid thing to do.

Also, Lock wasn't a rookie last year, so there is that.
With Lock my bad. Once we didn't pick him it's not like I look at what he does. That's water under the bridge.