Steelers week

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Re: Steelers week

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

How many of these will happen in this game:

1. Steelers score in the last two minutes of the first half.
2. Vikings run the ball on the first three 2nd & 7,8,9,10 situations.
3. At least one missed kick attempt.
4. Vikings completely waste at least one time-out OR a lost challenge
5. 10:1 Ratio of passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage to passes beyond the line of scrimmage
6. Vikings win or lose by less than 1 score
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:33 pm How many of these will happen in this game:

5. 10:1 Ratio of passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage to passes beyond the line of scrimmage
:lol:

All six of 'em! :wallbang:
i'm ready for a beer.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:33 pm How many of these will happen in this game:

We're getting close to a drinking game here.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Cliff wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:39 pm

We're getting close to a drinking game here.
Close????? Guess I am a little farther along on the Vikings doldrums scale. About 2 hours ago I picked up a 6 pk of Southern Tier 2X Christmas Ale. Weighs in at a respectable 8% so I will be ready to watch. :beerock:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

I’m not watching it.
Especially when Zim calls another prevent defense on a 4th down when the Steelers score from 15 years out to win the game.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So now Cook is leaning towards playing.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I actually feel good about this game. So good in fact that I’m on my second cocktail (And I only pour doubles). Somehow the Vikes always manage to come out on top when their backs are truly up again at the wall.

My prediction: Minnesota 27, Pittsburgh 20.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:05 pm So now Cook is leaning towards playing.
he's active for tonight now
PurpleTeam
Waterboy

Post by PurpleTeam »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:05 pm So now Cook is leaning towards playing.
Well, I guess if Cook gets hurt tonight, he will probably be out of the season, not like that matters anyway since Vikings are most likely missing the playoffs
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:32 am
VikingLord wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:23 am

That's a bit premature and also not entirely accurate about his expected draft position, especially given how QBs are normally drafted higher than their college stats would suggest.

For context, Walterfootball had Mond as it's 8th best QB prospect before last year's draft: https://www.walterfootball.com/draft2021QB.php

For further context, Walterfootball had your boy Mac Jones as it's 5th best QB prospect, although it also had his estimated draft rounds as 1-2 while Mond's were 2-4.

Bottom line, I don't think Mond was drafted too early. I think he went just about where he should have gone.

As for whether he has what it takes to become a good or even great NFL QB, we haven't seen enough of him to know yet. The limited reps he got during the preseason suggest he has some nice attributes like a tight wind up and he gets the ball out quick, but his recognition and overall awareness didn't look special. Still, that could develop. Can't call him a bust just because he didn't immediately unseat the $27 million dollar man.
I never thought he should start. But when you can't beat out a total stiff for the backup spot doesn't that say anything? It's only my thought and I could be wrong. I have missed judged many more than I have judged right. Your right about the awareness which isn't there. That all goes back to the type of offense he played throughout his amateur life. He also tries to stare his primary guy open. That will never work at the NFL level. I just feel he is many years away from taking over.
Its good that he's not being thrust into franchise savior mode and will have time to study and learn without that pressure on him.

How he uses that time and whether he takes full advantage of it is up to him and his God-given ability, but I'm more optimistic he'll develop this way than I would be if he were able to beat out an established vet even if that vet has been a backup his whole career.