Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

Post by CharVike »

Urban Meyer canned. Back to the drawing board for them. T Lawrence will be probably be a bust now. We need to trade for him before it's too late.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:54 pm Urban Meyer canned. Back to the drawing board for them. T Lawrence will be probably be a bust now. We need to trade for him before it's too late.
Fine by me. Kirk for Trevor straight up. We'll pay both salaries next year.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:25 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:54 pm Urban Meyer canned. Back to the drawing board for them. T Lawrence will be probably be a bust now. We need to trade for him before it's too late.
To get him you will need a GM that can deal. We don't have that. It wouldn't surprise me if he told that organization he wants out. They might go through 4 HCs before his contract is up. Again you need a GM that can move first. The Saints or Lions might jump in on that. Your suggested trade will never happen. They will get much more than a 33 year old QB who will be done before they rebuild that pile of crap.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I don't see the Jaguars dealing Trevor at any point. He will be there for the duration of his rookie deal at least.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:11 pm I don't see the Jaguars dealing Trevor at any point. He will be there for the duration of his rookie deal at least.
That's probably how it will play out. But if you offer enough things could change. I know it won't be cheap. This is about the best point but you better be willing to start off with 3 or 4 1st rounders for them to even listen. Be a nice addition for us and provide a little spark. Much better than what's coming up with a trade down for nothing and late 1st round CB who will be junk and gone in a few years. We have all see that act a few times. That has zero chance to work.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Lawrence will never be any good. That would be a very bad trade.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:20 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:01 pm
Great. This is you before the draft, is it not?

Tells us again how wanted to keep Cousins while trading him away for Jones?
Your correct I was wrong. Making that trade I posted would have made our season at least have some interest. There's nothing left and hate to say it but next year don't look much better. We will be back on the QB merry go round in 2023 which I have lived basically since I started following this team. Meanwhile that Packer squad has had back to back HOFer which basically is almost a lifetime of watching great QB play for those fans. It's not even close to being over yet for that team. We had 2 years of Farve and one year was a great season for us. We played one of the greatest champ games in history. Imagine 15-20 years of that? What really gets me is we have nothing on the roster and nothing in the draft this year. Get ready for decades of Webb, RC, TJack, Gannon then recycled over and over boy does that make the stomach turn.
Why be on the QB merry-go-round when we already have one of the best in the NFL?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:01 pm
Your correct I was wrong. Making that trade I posted would have made our season at least have some interest. There's nothing left and hate to say it but next year don't look much better. We will be back on the QB merry go round in 2023 which I have lived basically since I started following this team. Meanwhile that Packer squad has had back to back HOFer which basically is almost a lifetime of watching great QB play for those fans. It's not even close to being over yet for that team. We had 2 years of Farve and one year was a great season for us. We played one of the greatest champ games in history. Imagine 15-20 years of that? What really gets me is we have nothing on the roster and nothing in the draft this year. Get ready for decades of Webb, RC, TJack, Gannon then recycled over and over boy does that make the stomach turn.
I don't hate moving up and getting the QB you want and you are right that it would have made the season much more interesting. Just like if the Vikings had succeeded in moving up and drafting Fields would have.
Give me Darrisaw over Fields 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:33 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:01 pm
I don't hate moving up and getting the QB you want and you are right that it would have made the season much more interesting. Just like if the Vikings had succeeded in moving up and drafting Fields would have.
Give me Darrisaw over Fields 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.
Darrisaw sure is contributing a lot right now isn't he?

I don't like Fields as a QB either and am happy Rick failed to screw that pick up despite trying desperately too, but Fields would have made this season more interesting to say the least.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:32 pm
Why be on the QB merry-go-round when we already have one of the best in the NFL?
A little too early to say that about Mond, don't you think?
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:27 pm
Yeah, he doesn't look like a guy that is going to turn the corner. Looks like another good college QB playing on a team that severely outclasses everyone they play. Kind of like Ohio St QBs.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:51 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:27 pm
Yeah, he doesn't look like a guy that is going to turn the corner. Looks like another good college QB playing on a team that severely outclasses everyone they play. Kind of like Ohio St QBs.
I have absolutely no idea how you guys can say this. Have you actually watched a single Jacksonville play? He's had some good moments, easily playing the second-best among the five first-rounders from last year. And something tells me that if you had put him on New England instead of Mac Jones, he'd be doing just fine.

This guy was thrown into the most dysfunctional organization possible, with one of the worst coaches in the history of the NFL. And you have already determined him a bust?

Wow.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:35 pm

I have absolutely no idea how you guys can say this. Have you actually watched a single Jacksonville play? He's had some good moments, easily playing the second-best among the five first-rounders from last year. And something tells me that if you had put him on New England instead of Mac Jones, he'd be doing just fine.

This guy was thrown into the most dysfunctional organization possible, with one of the worst coaches in the history of the NFL. And you have already determined him a bust?

Wow.
Its early and he is on a terrible team. But he looks like another Sam Darnold right now.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:06 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:32 pm

A little too early to say that about Mond, don't you think?
Nope. I've seen this act many times.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:35 pm

Wow.
It's way to early for bust. He was a rookie day 1 starter. That's not easy. I also agree if he was in NE he would be fine.